Madonna's CONTROVERSIAL & SHOW-STOPPING Eurovision performance

and of course, on social media the loudest voices are the negative ones and this was a global event with hundreds of millions of people (who are not fans to begin with).

4 minutes ago, Monkey said:

It was off key, dark and without hits. À big miss opirtinity!!! Imagine medellin, music, la is la bonita and holiday

That would be Gay Pride

21 minutes ago, the-queen said:

They can scream all they like. They’re entitled to their opinions but my support for Madonna is unshakeable. 

yes and yes. same here

one of the highlights was the dancers rolling down the stairs...but i saw the rehearsal footage of that on instagram right before...so it took that away from me. and i think for LAP we as fans have seen that already so we can compare or be over it.

3 minutes ago, YannBouch said:

guys get a room yet lol haha 

Your post gives me the opportunity to  tell you that I have a lot of elective affinities with you. 😉

2 minutes ago, Bette Davis Dub said:

I support her artistic and political point of view but the performance was musically and dramatically not well executed.
Her American Life video is an example that she can do it so much better: Powerfull, epic and tongue in cheek.

Musically, maybe...but don't agree on the dramatic elements. Definitely worked for me.

5 minutes ago, smirnoff_ice said:

Basically first half of the performance she walked down the steps. 

The second half, she walked them up. 

I commented on the version of LAP being too dark a few days ago and was shredded by crystalcoffin who now seems to agree with me. 

I would have been still happy if she sounded slightly better in LAP. It was just painful to watch for me with friends around. 

We’ll find out how it all went from Future’s performance on iTunes and streams I suppose. 

On top of all that, the cameraman also fucked it up! Which is not her fault obviously. 

Dark Madonna is always good. But what she did 2 hours ago ... :no:

Just now, tuckeye said:

one of the highlights was the dancers rolling down the stairs...but i saw the rehearsal footage of that on instagram right before...so it took that away from me. and i think for LAP we as fans have seen the MET gala performance so we can compare or be over it.

Ok on a positive note, there are a lot of articles / tweets out there concentrating on her content and how political it was. The guardian has a good article already. 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/music/2019/may/18/madonna-makes-call-for-israel-palestine-unity-at-eurovision

It's not as bad as ppl are complaining. It's about what I'd expect from this era so far and all these silly collabs.

I liked the drums on LAP and she had some cute dance moves. Overall I liked it better than BB show last week however THE SUPERBOWL it is NOT.

Looks like monks on steps are the new dancing in front of a wall. They were done best with GGW.

Hi 12:51!

4 minutes ago, tuckeye said:

and of course, on social media the loudest voices are the negative ones and this was a global event with hundreds of millions of people (who are not fans to begin with).

It is always the triggered ones who feel the need to vent out their frustrations. This will always be the case in all of humankind.

When you like something you are all right as you are, you don't feel the need to scream it from the rooftops

2 minutes ago, systemvalues said:

Your post gives me the opportunity to  tell you that I have a lot of elective affinities with you. 😉

we should get a room then 😛 

1 minute ago, smirnoff_ice said:

Ok on a positive note, there are a lot of articles / tweets out there concentrating on her content and how political it was. The guardian has a good article already. 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/music/2019/may/18/madonna-makes-call-for-israel-palestine-unity-at-eurovision

THANK YOU! This is the news!

giphy.gif

You can watch the stream here. This version is not muted.

Somebody please record it and save it so we don't lose it from these censoring bastards.

EDIT: Nevermind, It just went down. Hope somebody recorded it.

7 minutes ago, VogueMusic said:

Musically, maybe...but don't agree on the dramatic elements. Definitely worked for me.

Yes, it worked as an artistic and dramatic piece of art. But not so well as an entertainment intervall act at a "camp pop festival" in Israel.

Ugh I watched it again and I realized why I love Madonna!!

Some singers choose not to be interviewed cause they have nothing good to say, others rehearse their PR words to the max to be as safe and likeable as possible, then you have troll ass Madonna clamoring for peace in fucking Tel Aviv. She could have sung Medellin and have an Euro smash in her hands but she doesn't need that anymore, she chose her route to be political and did what she had to do.

(she can be political and a troll and  still have great vocals though)

1 minute ago, YannBouch said:

we should get a room then 😛 

Why not? an advice.. positive vibes yeah 😄

I loved it. It was interesting watching at a Eurovision Party with people that aren't really fans, they seemed to be impressed and shut up when she sang 'Like A Prayer'. "I do like this one actually...", then Future being like "Oh this sounds like Major Lazer actually..."

You can't deny that she's an amazing performer.

Just now, animalinstinct said:

I loved it. It was interesting watching at a Eurovision Party with people that aren't really fans, they seemed to be impressed and shut up when she sang 'Like A Prayer'. "I do like this one actually...", then Future being like "Oh this sounds like Major Lazer actually..."

You can't deny that she's an amazing performer.

sooo cool

i wonder if the political message is why she wanted to retain the rights to the performance? because if she knew in advance they were going to be upset and refuse to post it online or censor it in some way, she may have wanted to try to get the rights to post it herself. 

24 minutes ago, rebelvvv said:

They are so naive – they think we are not aware of their crimes. We know, but we’re just not ready to act. The storm isn’t in the air, it’s inside of us. I want to tell you about love and loneliness. But it’s getting late now. Can’t you hear outside of your Supreme hoodie, the wind that’s beginning to howl?

Thanks for writing this down! 

27 minutes ago, Bette Davis Dub said:

The apocalyptic war theme with gasmasks didn't help. The Met gala performance was absolutely wonderful. Everyone praised it because it was beautiful and uplifting. She turned it completely into something very uncomfortable.

26 minutes ago, Confessit said:

it was strange and bizarre.

Are you for real? Seriously?!

Clearly you have missed the whole point, you totally did not get the whole meaning of Madonna's performance.

1 hour ago, boy skeffington said:

YASSSS like the two flags literally embracing and unifying between the two dancers is anything other than the RIGHT MESSAGE. Thanks for sharing. 

10 minutes ago, smirnoff_ice said:

This is the news. Instead of the easy digs, memes or whatever worthless piece of crap people these days write. I just hope that her message doesn't get lost between all the senseless hatred she gets.