Madonna's CONTROVERSIAL & SHOW-STOPPING Eurovision performance

Just now, ursula said:

The persone who wrote them.

Wanna know me more?

18 minutes ago, Ai Papi Si. said:

I have this theory that sometimes Madonna fans make up negative reactions from invisible media sources just to immerse themselves in drama on here. 

I'm glad you say that. Even if there negativity, there'll be positivity too! 

5 minutes ago, Ai Papi Si. said:

Yes, this is my primary criticism. 

The Human Nature/Like A Virgin/Love Spent section from MDNA is a good example of being able to entertain without having to do acrobatics. I don't know why she was so safe in this perf. Oh well. Tomorrow is a new day. 

I know she’s not a crowd pleaser. Ok, but this is the biggest audience she ever play. People who only know 1 or 2 sons from her. Dont you think an energic medley would have been wonderfull for her brand? 

I just watched parts of LAP and Future again.

Much better on second viewing. I really think this has more to do with me being from the USA and not being able to grasp the massiveness of this moment. Perfect example -  I was (privately) SUPER SUPER critical of the Super Bowl performance (aside from Vogue) in the moments and days after it. You have no idea how nervous us Americans were for that perf. It was a huge deal and we had no clue what to expect. IT WAS SO SECRET. So when it happened I was like "OH." I didn't know quite what to think. With time, I recognized the brilliance of the entire thing. I think maybe Eurovision being so massive is kinda coloring the reactions for a lot of us here

Anyway 

So proud of her tonight.

I just wish she did crave instead since that is the best pre-released song but now I see she did future because she wants to create a better future

Grills are terrible for singing so theres that. Why she wears them when singing i can’t understand  🤷🏻‍♂️

She know we, people don’t like them and she does it anyway.  She’s always been that way. What can we do?!🤷🏻‍♂️😂

So many negative comments on social media... and we fans are not happy. Medellin would go so perfectly!!! My dear M, change your "yes" team first. Well, can't wait for the next chapter of this era!!! This is just a start!

Still no video? They afraid of negative comments or copyright reasons?

Future seemed quite repetitive.

I thought Netta's banana song was more entertaining and I like future as as song.

She really should have gone with Medellin and made the people come together that way. She could have had the arena up and jumping but instead she used an interlude from the fruit and nut advert. 😂

1 minute ago, Monkey said:

I know she’s not a crowd pleaser. Ok, but this is the biggest audience she ever play. People who only know 1 or 2 sons from her. Dont you think an energic medley would have been wonderfull for her brand? 

I think at this point, her brand is big enough she does very well with touring

5 minutes ago, Bette Davis Dub said:

We know she CAN sing Like a Prayer like an angel. It was awful.

Her aging also impacts her voice. It is what it is. She has nothing to prove #imho

26 minutes ago, Ai Papi Si. said:

It's interesting because we are the first ones to rabidly attack people who pile on Madonna for being 60, yet here in this very thread, we have people posting Madonna's 30 year old performances and comparing her to 2012, a year that by the end, had clearly exhausted Madonna physically. She had to take out an entire leg of her show (much to the chagrin of Australia) because it was fucking her up so much.

She's a human being and she's not Springsteen who can sit and strum a guitar for 2 hours. And once you hit 50, the aging process really does accelerate. Ask anyone including your own parents. She's doing incredible under the circumstances. Quit with these bizarre calls for her to perform like she did at 51, which even then was EYE POPPING for a woman her age. Ugh I will stop 

standing-ovation-gif-4.gif

2 minutes ago, Je5u5 said:

Yikes. Some of those articles are really unprofessional (yes I can read Spanish). I mean, if that's how people are writing about this, it's just editorializing to me. They may as well be on Twitter. 

Just now, ursula said:

I don't want to answer that question.

oh.. I think you were here for sharing the moment and stuff like that. 🙂

That arrangement of LAP was so awful, it just spilled into everything that came after it, that I could not even concentrate on "Future" to appreciate it. There was no energy, everything felt extremely flat. 

It's cool that she brought a strong political message. But I am a huge fan of Madonna because of her MUSICALITY before anything else, not for the non-musical aspects, since she is first and foremost, well, A MUSICAL ARTIST. 

I liked it. I liked the chanting monks. I can see why it felt lacking for some people but I'm glad she did a slower version of LAP for a change.

Just now, Kim said:

Obviously US based posters with different media feeds, but accusing fans of making shit up is very unhelpful.

I wasn't even referring to Jesus when I said that. Calm down. I  know for a fact some ppl on this forum pull shit like that ALL THE TIME. I haven't been here in a few years but I know how this place works. "WELL MY GRANNY IS WATCHING THE NEWS AND THE ANCHORS ALL SAY THAT MADONNA BELONGS IN THE NURSING HOME" and never give receipts. And then they get banned/flushed eventually. 

1 minute ago, jonski43 said:

Future seemed quite repetitive.

I thought Netta's banana song was more entertaining and I like future as as song.

She really should have gone with Medellin and made the people come together that way. She could have had the arena up and jumping but instead she used an interlude from the fruit and nut advert. 😂

I think when we look at the song choice here we have to factor in that Future is a reggae inspired song which has a message of spreading peace through protest - which is basically what she was doing here, and the song is about making a better future which is what she is trying to do here so it makes sense in that context

35 minutes ago, boy skeffington said:

This statement is more dramatic even than the arrangement for LAP, which was essentially chanting monks. 

🙄

Stop saying she should've sang Medellin or some other bloody song!!!!

She went there with a message. Future was perfect for that message!

Oy Vey!!!

Some of you have really missed the point of the performance.

53 minutes ago, Edivad said:

Not necessarily, I Guess there are great songs in the album, Crave Is a gem

Crave is my favorite!!

the visuals of that intro though.. I mean.. how can you not have been impressed by that? are people seriously JUST focusing on what some think are bad vocals and that somehow ruins the whole thing? perhaps it should've been more energic, that would've helped..