Madonna's CONTROVERSIAL & SHOW-STOPPING Eurovision performance

It was fine, LAP was cute, my favorite part was the spoken one and Future was ok, Quavo was annoying and no one asked for him, she should have done Medellin or La Isla bonita or something more light for Eurovision but whatever it happened, hopefully at least 500K of the 200M viewers buy Madame X and stream Future, my mom who’s part of the GP messaged me to tell me that Future was cool.

Just now, Ai Papi Si. said:

Well, that was also 7 years ago.

This is a delicate subject and I KNOW I'll get piled on for this, but Madonna is 60, almost 61. 7 years is also 7 years for your body. She was slowing down even before this. Compare Rebel Heart and MDNA, you can see the change. It doesn't mean she's unhealthy or sick, she's just getting older. We need to cut her some slack on this. She even admits she doesn't work out like she used to. Stop comparing her to younger versions of herself. 

➕1

And thusly, a DARK BALLET was birthed.

"They are so naive – they think we are not aware of their crimes. We know, but we’re just not ready to act. The storm isn’t in the air, it’s inside of us. I want to tell you about love and loneliness. But it’s getting late now. Can’t you hear outside of your Supreme hoodie, the wind that’s beginning to howl?"

15 minutes ago, bardo said:

i've only seen a short clip of "future," so i'll wait to see it in full, but her vocal performance during like a prayer was easily one of her worst. once she got off track she seemed to struggle to get back. she did this same performance at the met gala and it was good, so i just think her nerves (and maybe some sound issues) got to her. it was really, really hard to watch. 😖

I don't even think her vox on LAP were bad. It was the AWFUL AWFUL arrangement that killed it, and I suppose it somewhat exposed the vocals. You could actually feel the arena atmosphere deflate as it went on. I'll leave it at that.

Anyway LOL at UK coming last, LOL at the host nation's score (all the smiles fool no one while there's atrocities being committed just down the road), BOO at my boo from Estonie flopping and well done Madge for the political statement.

For those who value their mental health, stay away from social media.

Who cares what her haters think, they have been saying that she cannot sing for the last 36 years, so what...she delivered her strong message against all the rules as always, she looked stunning and the visuals were great. Long live the Queen! 

The album will do exactly how it was always going to do, she could have absolutely smashed it and it would have made little to no difference to Madame X sales.

3 minutes ago, boy skeffington said:

This statement is more dramatic even than the arrangement for LAP, which was essentially chanting monks. 

We all need chanting monks in our lives.

Just now, TRVC said:

Because he was probably high as fuck. 

I questioned if he smoked up before hand, but I honestly don't know.

5 minutes ago, Monsieur X said:

So much hate for her from the establishment & some of her fans

WAKE UP

Do not listen to the establishment (i.e. the press & social media)

I am ashamed in some of you

It's not hate though from fans it's just disappointment that's all. 

I am proud she used the flags and called out the Israelie troubles but the performance itself was static, the sound arrangement terrible and it lacked the usual energy and entertainment value if her previous performances that's all. 

I adore this woman and I am proud to be a fan but a spade is a spade. 

1 minute ago, boy skeffington said:

BALLS OF STEEL. Pity to those worrying about perfect pitch on LAP. 

Warrior Bitch Goddess forever. 

Amen! 

It is so basic to criticize the vocal and dont look further. Voice is shaky and a little off key so the performance is bad.... I mean I feel sorry for you if you can't see beyond that  

I just want this Eurovision fiasco to go away fast. Yeah I'm avoiding social media, but the negative press is now clogging my news streams. Really sad 😢 

1 minute ago, boy skeffington said:

BALLS OF STEEL. Pity to those worrying about perfect pitch on LAP. 

Warrior Bitch Goddess forever. 

this this and this

3 minutes ago, wherelifebegins said:

And thusly, a DARK BALLET was birthed.

"They are so naive – they think we are not aware of their crimes. We know, but we’re just not ready to act. The storm isn’t in the air, it’s inside of us. I want to tell you about love and loneliness. But it’s getting late now. Can’t you hear outside of your Supreme hoodie, the wind that’s beginning to howl?"

Easily my favorite song so far. I cannot wait to hear this in full and the visuals she’s got built around it! ❤️

It's interesting because we are the first ones to rabidly attack people who pile on Madonna for being 60, yet here in this very thread, we have people posting Madonna's 30 year old performances and comparing her to 2012, a year that by the end, had clearly exhausted Madonna physically. She had to take out an entire leg of her show (much to the chagrin of Australia) because it was fucking her up so much.

She's a human being and she's not Springsteen who can sit and strum a guitar for 2 hours. And once you hit 50, the aging process really does accelerate. Ask anyone including your own parents. She's doing incredible under the circumstances. Quit with these bizarre calls for her to perform like she did at 51, which even then was EYE POPPING for a woman her age. Ugh I will stop 

Just now, TRVC said:

I just want this Eurovision fiasco to go away fast. Yeah I'm avoiding social media, but the negative press is now clogging my news streams. Really sad 😢 

don't pay any attention to it. just retweet "wake up"

42 minutes ago, Je5u5 said:

I actually enjoyed Future a lot. It probably was the wrong song to do there though. The audience seemed to be in a funeral.

It's a shame Like a Prayer will take all the attention for the wrong reasons.

Agree. Most comments are about how bad she sang LAP. 

Future was FANTASTIC. 

39 minutes ago, FreeMySoul said:

AMEN! 

On another note I did think this performance piece is going to look/feel great in a theatre environment- i think she is showcasing the feel of her theatre shows with this eras public performances, Even medellin at BMAs was very theatrish 

She probably doesnt give a f about Esc and cheesenes of it all

And performance went above that crowds head

They understand likes of Kylie or Cher. Madonna is in another level and still current and evolving artist with a message.

27 minutes ago, VogueMusic said:

So it was controversial? In Israel? GOOD.

So she broke the rules?  That's the M I expect.

So the hell-hole of social media/twitter is crucifying her?  Surprise, surprise.

She she wasn't perfect in the way fans expected and built up for themselves?  You don't say.

So fans aren't happy? What's new.

Another day in Madonnaland.  :newspaper:

Sorry but this condescending tone towards M's own fans whenever there is criticism voiced is the other side of the extreme. Personally I enjoyed the performance, but expecting solid vocals or at the very least a good musical arrangement is not some unattainable illusion by over-zealous fans.

1 minute ago, Ai Papi Si. said:

It's interesting because we are the first ones to rabidly attack people who pile on Madonna for being 60, yet here in this very thread, we have people posting Madonna's 30 year old performances and comparing her to 2012, a year that by the end, had clearly exhausted Madonna physically. She had to take out an entire leg of her show (much to the chagrin of Australia) because it was fucking her up so much.

She's a human being and she's not Springsteen who can sit and strum a guitar for 2 hours. And once you hit 50, the aging process really does accelerate. Ask anyone including your own parents. She's doing incredible under the circumstances. Quit with these bizarre calls for her to perform like she did at 51, which even then was EYE POPPING for a woman her age. Ugh I will stop 

preach papi// preach papi