Madonna's CONTROVERSIAL & SHOW-STOPPING Eurovision performance

1 minute ago, wherelifebegins said:

This made me genuinely sad. I can appreciate the feeling though.

Noooo!!! Don’t be sad! Madonna is amazing! She just had an off night. Again...it’s an opinion, and I am still watching this shitfest like I care who wins! I haven’t had the chance to rewatch, and I’m sure I’ll see greatness I missed out on. 

Heavy costume and eye-patch limiting her moves, grillz limiting her singing, a slow version of a dance classic and a new unknown song to entertain live 200 millions of people? Well, let's say that the stars were aligned for a flat performance. It's in situations like this that I feel that Madonna is for sure surrounded by yes people, cuz how come all of that got green-lighted? It wasn't bad per se, but, in my opinion, was just boring and unmemorable and in the end it feels like a big wasted opportunity.

1 minute ago, whyme? said:

Why are you all shocked about like a prayer? It's exactly what we already saw at the met gala.

Because the MET gala was a one off special performance not broadcast live to 200 million.

Tonight's performance deserved a first rate arrangement.

1 minute ago, Amelia said:

Why do people bring up cesspools like Twitter and no doubt future reviews from people who we know is going to trash her?  I couldn't give two fucks what anyone thinks on Twitter and will not care what DailyMail and those other silly people who attack her all the time.  

Yes, the vocals were not that great.  Again, I don't care because there was so much more going on there. First off, she look stunning. She gave us a hell of a visual performance.  Getting past the shaky vocals which no doubt was nerves, I really enjoyed this.   Like a Prayer was and upgrade of Met Gala, and stunning to watch.  That spoken part was so cool especially when she blew and everyone fell to the floor.  Greatly choreographed.  I'd admit I was hoping for a third song, but still enjoyed her on "Future" and Quava was great.  I love how they all at the end fell backwards. That was pretty awesome as well.

The short talk with her before her performance was fun as well.  And yes, we can sit here and concentrate on what other people think at Twitter or wherever else about her vocals, but the fact is, she did sing LIVE.  Most people that performed before her were lip synching everything.  Have I seen and heard better performances from her?  Yes, but I don't care!  I love Madonna, but I can cut her some slack on the vocals because first off, she never was always the greatest live singer.  What she lacked in her vocals she totally made up in the performance. 

Long live the Queen! 

Word!!

2 minutes ago, Confessit said:

You better pour me one whilst your there dear.

When yer own MUM txts you after a Madge performance to see if you're okay you know it's fucked.

1 minute ago, MLVC82 said:

MADONNA is FUCKING INCREDIBLE!!
THAT was a HUGE FUCK YOU!

to Establishment, Government, Organized religion if you did not get any of that..........you ain't WOKE.

I could feel her RAGE!! it was epic.

PREACH!!!!

giphy (11).gif

I thought her vocals were weak on LAP at least in the beginning, but that the rest of the performance was fine, a little lacking in energy but ok, I did not expect the vicious lashings she's receiving right now all over the internet...this is so upsetting.

it was suggested that she had bad sound in her earpiece, which caused her to lose the melody line...: (

Im so confused.. maybe it's the sound system of my cousin where I was watching her baby, but I was SO RELIEVED at first when I heard her sing LAP thinking it was wonderful.. then I chatted a little with my cousin and I guess missed the weak parts? I was literally telling my cousin how relieved I was cuz she sounded good and then I go online and hear the opposite?

But thing is, I KNEW THIS WOULD HAPPEN. I said it before since the Eurovision rumours started.. she can only do this performance if it's REALLY GOOD. I had a bad feeling about this from the start especially with the shitty Quavo nonsense. (Fans, stop pretending you like this??!!) I just knew it. Sometimes you just have this feeling.. she's been so insecure lately.. I have to rewatch the performance (for better audio I guess? except the sound system I heard it at was good so I really don't get it) 

Maybe it's naive of me to say.. but I really hope this wakes her up, makes her fire Antunes and the other amateurs, and get a live band and good people around her again that'll be honest..

Just now, Kim said:

When yer own MUM txts you after a Madge performance to see if you're okay you know it's fucked.

I'm bracing myself for work on Monday.

Just now, Andra said:

I thought her vocals were weak on LAP at least in the beginning, but that the rest of the performance was fine, a little lacking in energy but ok, I did not expect the vicious lashings she's receiving right now all over the internet...this is so upsetting.

Oh hon I was prepared for this. I fucking told you. 

Just now, Nikki said:

Im so confused.. maybe it's the sound system of my cousin where I was watching her baby, but I was SO RELIEVED at first when I heard her sing LAP thinking it was wonderful.. then I chatted a little with my cousin and I guess missed the weak parts? I was literally telling my cousin how relieved I was cuz she sounded good and then I go online and hear the opposite?

Same...I did not think it was that bad at all

Just now, impr3ssive_instant said:

Same...I did not think it was that bad at all

there must be really something with the sound system or perhaps part of my brain made her sound better to protect me from disappointment, lol I don't know, but I thought she sounded really good.. 

I do not think I've sung so badly in Like a prayer,

if it had been playback we would also be complaining ..sorry.  but Quavo remains on stage.

I expected more choreography in Future.

maybe it was not his best performance but it has not been so horrible either.

7 minutes ago, ursula said:

Still, she gained some exposure. More people know she has new material now. That's already something.

Do you come from twitter? I mean, you live there judging from you sentences.. I have another question: I love Madonna, I come here to live events like this with other real fans, but.. what's in the mind of someone who clearly doesn't like her, but create an account to write shady comments? Could we call it "the Madonna syndrome"?😉

She should’ve taken my advice and just lipsynced it!.......apart from her usual “award show nervous” vocals the useless Quavo.....ultimately I think I really liked it 😕  I loved the the costume, the set, the interlude and touch of controversy!! 

i've only seen a short clip of "future," so i'll wait to see it in full, but her vocal performance during like a prayer was easily one of her worst. once she got off track she seemed to struggle to get back. she did this same performance at the met gala and it was good, so i just think her nerves (and maybe some sound issues) got to her. it was really, really hard to watch. 😖

3 minutes ago, Andra said:

I recommend you purposely ignore social media for your own peace of mind. People are always very mean about Madonna, and it's not worth it.

5 minutes ago, Sky Fits Heaven said:

Heavy costume and eye-patch limiting her moves, grillz limiting her singing, a slow version of a dance classic and a new unknown song to entertain live 200 millions of people? Well, let's say that the stars were aligned for a flat performance. It's in situations like this that I feel that Madonna is for sure surrounded by yes people, cuz how come all of that got green-lighted? It wasn't bad per se, but, in my opinion, was just boring and unmemorable and in the end it feels like a big wasted opportunity.

I think that’s a fair assessment and I’m surprised no one in her team picked up on any of this when they were developing the performance. I personally enjoyed it but it was totally wrong for this occasion and won’t help promote the album or tour.

Anyone keeping an eye on the iTunes Charts in Europe? Just curious if she’s receiving a boost in sales (like the Super Bowl), negative press and all.