Madame X: Discussion (LISTENING PARTY info within)

I programmed a simple full screen countdown timer to the release of Madame X. I'll have it set on my second monitor, haha.

(and of course the font is Times New Roman to match the album)

Here is a screenshot:

countdown.thumb.png.3980244b5783d2532113bac67c8fd6a1.png

Edited by kubi

Guest Future feat Quavo

I love how Madame X ends with "I Don't Search I Find" 😍

3 minutes ago, Future feat Quavo said:

I love how Madame X ends with "I Don't Search I Find" 😍

Except that it ends with I Rise.

21 minutes ago, strictmachine said:

I can’t decide if I should do an edible before listening to it for the first time or hear it completely clear headed first 

Clear headed first listen, then edible and glass of fill in the blank after that!

8 hours ago, Get Together said:

Clear headed first listen, then edible and glass of fill in the blank after that!

Yes that’s the exact plan I was leaning towards. The things we go through in our minds when Madonna releases a new album...:lmao:

next week at this time fans beginning in NZ will be experiencing Madame X first hand, while the rest of us slowly anticipate our turn

20 hours ago, strictmachine said:

I can’t decide if I should do an edible before listening to it for the first time or hear it completely clear headed first 

Definitely edible! 😎

I have a very reductive and possibly incorrect system of categorization I am using to anticipate the album next week based on reviews.  Two songs in each category.

Dance Bangers: God Control, I Don’t Search I Find 

Ballads: Extreme Occident, Looking For Mercy

Experimental: Batuka, Killers Who Are Partying 

Upbeat, silly bops: Faz Gostoso, Bitch I’m Loca

Classic Madonna with a Twist: Crazy, Come Alive.

Would anyone revise or tweak this based on your interpretation of reviews so far?

Come Alive is still a bit of a wild card, and I think each of the ten songs will defy easy categorization and be very unique.  But breaking things down is fun for me.

19 hours ago, svperstar said:

Jesus, what a campaign launch.

20190606_135955.gif

Indeed. Romantic, different, profound, theatrical, cinematic, and creative is what these images say to me on the album as a whole. 

1 hour ago, Shane said:

I have a very reductive and possibly incorrect system of categorization I am using to anticipate the album next week based on reviews.  Two songs in each category.

Dance Bangers: God Control, I Don’t Search I Find 

Ballads: Extreme Occident, Looking For Mercy

Experimental: Batuka, Killers Who Are Partying 

Upbeat, silly bops: Faz Gostoso, Bitch I’m Loca

Classic Madonna with a Twist: Crazy, Come Alive.

Would anyone revise or tweak this based on your interpretation of reviews so far?

Come Alive is still a bit of a wild card, and I think each of the ten songs will defy easy categorization and be very unique.  But breaking things down is fun for me.

God Control has been described as totally crazy with distorted vocals with a 70s beat were her voice is almost unrecognisable, starts with a choir and goes into this madness. Come alive has different Madonna vocals mixed, like many Madonnas and is very experimental. Killers has Fado mixed with electronica, mid to uptempo with english and portuguese lyrics. Batuka is uptempo and ends with a guitar solo. Crazy is midtempo and starts with accordion.

Just now, sepulveda said:

So this little snippet below should be from God Control?

No it is I dont search I find, a disco st....er ☺

6 hours ago, Sideris said:

Lil Nas (Old Town Road)will release his new EP on 14th of June

oh god :hotmess:

Lil Nas X is a future one hit wonder. And as much as I don't want her to chase chart success I at LEAST want her to secure that #1 album spot. 

3 minutes ago, rayofgod said:

I wonder which track this is. It doesn't really fit with any of the descriptions we've heard

I was just about to ask the same thing. A few weeks ago, I would've said it was Future but obviously not. Could it be "Crazy"?

With Dark Ballet as second track of the album and Future being the song promoted in Eurovision I don't think Madonna is for a valid number one spot but for a message to get through. 

4 minutes ago, Shaun said:

This album could debut at #17 and I’d give 0 fucks.

I agree however she deserves the #1 spot. That stupid forgetful (now about to be cancelled) show Empire blocked Rebel Heart all because of the stupid streaming rule. Ridiculous.