Madame X: Discussion (LISTENING PARTY info within)

3 minutes ago, side_streets said:

Crazy and Come Alive aren't Mirwais tracks and both of them are among the tracks with the highest ratings. 

Exactly.  The album isn’t primarily the work of a man (Mirwais), it’s the work of a woman named Madonna, and that’s why most of the songs will be great in spite of who she collaborated with.  Some fans want to paint Madonna as needing to be saved by some male producer.  She doesn’t need saving.  And some fans do the same thing they accuse critics of, saying that tracks are produced “by Mirwais” or “by Mike Dean” instead of including the name of, you know, Madonna the coproducer.

I like seeing the ratings and reviews trickling in ever so slowly.  

Twelve days!

Nobody likes Faz Gostoso. It is A Mirwais production. Wonder why the low rating, it is a good and catchy song.

9 hours ago, karbatal said:

Love the fact that she launched iTunes and now launches Apple Music. 

The only thing that would make Spotify stumble would be the vast catalogue of iTunes. There's lots of music with no license for Spotify.

She did NOT launch iTunes. 

8 hours ago, peter said:

I understand what you are saying and normally I would agree with you, buf Madonna herself called them singles, Karb. I would call them “pre-release tracks” but ... whatever. Suit yourself. We’ll see what happens when Dark Ballet is released — whether it has a video or not.

Considering the way that account words things (she did not inaugurate iTunes in 2005, as others have said; she inteoduced her catalogue on iTunes in 2005), we may be splitting hairs over something that is not accurate anyway.

Madonna called I Rise a single on Instagram and then quickly corrected herself and made it “track.”

8 minutes ago, Bat-Fan said:

Nobody likes Faz Gostoso. It is A Mirwais production. Wonder why the low rating, it is a good and catchy song.

Maybe they don't like Madonna singing in portuguese.

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks
40 minutes ago, peter said:

The Apple thing is in-store only ... ?! And there are no scheduled sessions in the two Apple stores in my metropolitan area. So ... where are these events being held? NY and LA only? 

I get the impression that it's a web video/lab deal.  I don't think she's doing anything live in a store. I have a feeling, she filmed an introduction and interview for Apple coinciding with this new remix lab deal. 

Also, Madonna is old school, so of course she calls songs released "singles".  She misspoke in the sense you're interpreting it as.  "I Rise" and "Future" are not considered singles. They are simply promotional tracks released early, like most artists do anymore.

36 minutes ago, Bat-Fan said:

It'a a Mike Dean production

9 minutes ago, Amelia said:

I get the impression that it's a web video/lab deal.  I don't think she's doing anything live in a store. I have a feeling, she filmed an introduction and interview for Apple coinciding with this new remix lab deal. 

Also, Madonna is old school, so of course she calls songs released "singles".  She misspoke in the sense you're interpreting it as.  "I Rise" and "Future" are not considered singles. They are simply promotional tracks released early, like most artists do anymore.

Or, she spoke correctly, and we are projecting what we want to believe on it.

Look, I get what everyone is saying. It’s just funny to me how everyone still re-translates what “record” means when Rosie says it and what “single” means when Madonna says it.

At this point, I kinda don’t care. We know she has prepared a visual feast as well as an aural odyssey for us, and I am ready for it. What label we want to slap on the music — the SONGS and COLLECTION OF SONGS — is of little concern to me now. We’ll get videos for songs that aren’t singles, I suspect. 

Also, if you click the first link to the Apple website in this thread (a page back now, I think?) — it says something about this session having ended, and to try selecting a different store location. It says you’ll be able to use new apps to re-construct Madonna’s “Crave” on devices provided in store.

10 minutes ago, peter said:

Or, she spoke correctly, and we are projecting what we want to believe on it.

Look, I get what everyone is saying. It’s just funny to me how everyone still re-translates what “record” means when Rosie says it and what “single” means when Madonna says it.

At this point, I kinda don’t care. We know she has prepared a visual feast as well as an aural odyssey for us, and I am ready for it. What label we want to slap on the music — the SONGS and COLLECTION OF SONGS — is of little concern to me now. We’ll get videos for songs that aren’t singles, I suspect. 

Also, if you click the first link to the Apple website in this thread (a page back now, I think?) — it says something about this session having ended, and to try selecting a different store location. It says you’ll be able to use new apps to re-construct Madonna’s “Crave” on devices provided in store.

You're right, you are projecting what you want to believe into to it.  😉

As for the expiration, I think someone else posted that it's a U.S. base link. (edit: I just checked it out!  People have to apply to certain locations.  It's to test out their app and remix the song. It's not very clear! )  Again, it's not a live session of anything.

Edited by Amelia aka Neutrocks

10 minutes ago, Amelia said:

You're right, you are projecting what you want to believe into to it.  😉

As for the expiration, I think someone else posted that it's a U.S. base link. (edit: I just checked it out!  People have to apply to certain locations.  It's to test out their app and remix the song. It's not very clear! )  Again, it's not a live session of anything.

I’m in the U.S.

And others are projecting just as much as me. Fine, you can say I’m wrong. What you are saying is that Madonna is wrong. Which is completely possible. But I am telling people what she said. 

57 minutes ago, Bat-Fan said:

Well, we only have a couple reviews to go by, so that could change.  I will say that from the moment I read the track list, I just had a feeling that Faz Gostoso and Bitch I’m Loca would be the two tracks that would drag down the critics’ consensus.  All early signs point to the majority of the material being amazing, but she often insists on including one or two fluff type songs that critics don’t like.

7 minutes ago, Shane said:

Well, we only have a couple reviews to go by, so that could change.  I will say that from the moment I read the track list, I just had a feeling that Faz Gostoso and Bitch I’m Loca would be the two tracks that would drag down the critics’ consensus.  All early signs point to the majority of the material being amazing, but she often insists on including one or two fluff type songs that critics don’t like.

It is a pity the most "latin" tracks are rated lowest. Was looking forward to latin Madonna

12 minutes ago, Shane said:

Almost every Madonna album has at least one or two "silly" songs (exceptions IMO are Ray of Light, Music and American Life). I personally don't understand why to put this kind of song on a record, specially when some time later demos leak and we ask why on heaven these unreleased songs weren't chosen. But I simply learned to accept that this is what Madonna does (Jimmy Jimmy, Did you do it, Don't Stop, I love New York, Spanish Lesson, Bday Song, Autotune Baby and many others say hello...while Love won't wait, Your honesty, You'll stay and many many many others cry on the corner 🤣)

Edited by Geiger83

8 minutes ago, Geiger83 said:

Almost every Madonna album has at least one or two "silly" songs (exceptions IMO are Ray of Light, Music and American Life). I personally don't understand why to put this kind of song on a record, specially when some time later demos leak and we ask why on heaven these unreleased songs weren't chosen. But I simply learned to accept that this is what Madonna does (Jimmy Jimmy, Did you do it, Don't Stop, I love New York, Spanish Lesson, Bday Song, Autotune Baby and many others say hello...while Love won't wait, Your honesty, You'll stay and many many many others cry on the corner 🤣)

Bday song is the worst... Unlistenable 

3 minutes ago, Bat-Fan said:

Superstar says hi.

12 minutes ago, Geiger83 said:

*I’m so stupid has joined the chat* 

2 minutes ago, Bat-Fan said:

I love M but Bday song is terrible. I pray for God M didn't make anything in the level of Bday song for the new album🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

1 hour ago, Bat-Fan said:

Because it features Anitta and it’s brazilian funk! Not a good idea. But hey, that’s just me. I hope people love it.

Just now, Iconic Fetus said:

Superstar says hi.

Oh God...I had forgotten these...

1 minute ago, Iconic Fetus said:

Superstar says hi.

I wonder why people hate superstar. It’s a very silly sweet perfect pop song. I love it. 

1 minute ago, Iconic Fetus said:

Superstar says hi.

I m So Stupid is not a silly song. Period.

1 minute ago, Messiah said:

I m So Stupid is not a silly song. Period.

In fact I have to agree. But the others are really another level...

1 hour ago, Shane said:

Exactly.  The album isn’t primarily the work of a man (Mirwais), it’s the work of a woman named Madonna, and that’s why most of the songs will be great in spite of who she collaborated with.  Some fans want to paint Madonna as needing to be saved by some male producer.  She doesn’t need saving.  And some fans do the same thing they accuse critics of, saying that tracks are produced “by Mirwais” or “by Mike Dean” instead of including the name of, you know, Madonna the coproducer.

I like seeing the ratings and reviews trickling in ever so slowly.  

Twelve days!

👌🙌👏

32 minutes ago, peter said:

I’m in the U.S.

And others are projecting just as much as me. Fine, you can say I’m wrong. What you are saying is that Madonna is wrong. Which is completely possible. But I am telling people what she said. 

I am not saying she is WRONG!  I know what she said.  But you're just getting too wrapped up in the terminology. You need to chill. Enjoy the era.  She's released two singles so far and two more tracks to give a taste of the album.  She even said that. 

The Apple deal is just a LAB people can participate in to remix her song. Madonna isn't performing anything live in a store or showing up in a store. She pre-recorded/filmed everything for the project and it will be part of an introduction/interview that will be available through this Lab.  I suspect the interview will be available at APPLE MUSIC at some point. 

Here's more on the Apple-Madonna-Music Lab:

https://9to5mac.com/2019/06/02/today-at-apple-madonna-music-lab/

Edited by Amelia aka Neutrocks

9 minutes ago, FeTuoni said:

I wonder why people hate superstar. It’s a very silly sweet perfect pop song. I love it. 

Yeah, I love it.  Many of her albums have fun and sometimes humorous love/pop songs.  I think of the songs "Cherish", "True Blue", "Supernatural", "Cry Baby", "Don't Stop", "Birthday Song", and even "Material Girl" are in similar vein.  Certainly, a few are far superior than the others, but they are all in fun. 

I am chill, @Amelia, and I’m enjoying things just fine. 

I never insinuated Madonna was performing live at an Apple store. I’m simply reading the text on the page — the link I clicked on from this thread.

Taking a break from the internet to do some things in the real world where words mean what they mean.

Honestly, we have gotten so much this era. 

Remember the MDNA era? Where we had a Superbowl performance, and three videos? That’s IT? Or the Hard Candy era, where there was a gig and TWO videos?

For Madame X, we already have two videos, probably MANY more to come, two big performances (that had extra holographic visuals with different looks), a connection to Apple, light magazine coverage...she might not be doing physical promotion as much as RH, but she is already doing quite a bit compared to other albums.