Madame X: Discussion (LISTENING PARTY info within)

does anyone have some problems with the MP3 downloaded from the album purchase on madonna.com? my players don't show single covers of I Rise and Future, when I copy Future to a folder on my phone it gives an error, I rise appears on a different folder even I put on the same folder with the rest. When I listen Future appears the cover from Crave...  🤪

Some other rumours from another forum (so take it with a grain of salt)

God Control starts out angelically with a gospel choir and smoothly turns into a disco upbeat fever, after a few gunshots lol. (I Don't Search I Find is the other disco-inspired track left in the  album).

That info comes from Mr.S on the ATRL forum. I might not listen to his description for the weird jazzy piano-led track and crazy vocodors "God Control". Just saying. And it's not a ballad. It's a banger. The lead word is World Music. Inspiration from French House music with elements of a space disco sound and repetitive 'funky' hooks and world pop for most of the Mirwais tracks. "Killers" uses a guitar sample in the intro from fado music. And transcends into this huge manifesto song. They've made it sound modern. The extremely short sample snippet you've heard from Madonna's instagram might be from "I Don't Search, I Find". There you hear this euphoric, space sounding disco theme heavily inspired by French house. It's there on the album for sure.

"Bitch, I'm Loca" is not so crazy after all. A more suggestive and enticing track.

"Crazy" is one of the more traditional old school pop songs from Madonna.

I wrote this comment at Drowned Madonna. Might be deleted now:

You're wrong again Giampiero. "Killers Who Are Partying" is not the disco track Lucy O'Brien was talking about. "Killers" is a huge manifesto song but NOT "the disco track that takes you back to the Detroit dance floor". It's inspired from Morna and Carpe Verde music. The guitar intro of the song they use is a sample from a fado session. It has a melancholy over it. "I’ll be Israel if Israel is imprisoned, I’ll be Islam if Islam is attacked”. There's only one disco track on Madame X. The only track that sounds like traditional pop old school Madonna is "Crazy". "There’s a beautiful, weird piano-led track" might be "God Control". Hard to tell from that short description. Might also be "Extreme Occident".

Omg I spoke to somebody who heard the album!!! He said it was amazing! The drag queens video is for Killers! He said it’s amazing! He said so much but idk what to believe!!! 😱😱😱

I’m beyond excited! 

2 minutes ago, Mensch said:

Omg I spoke to somebody who heard the album!!! He said it was amazing! The drag queens video is for Killers! He said it’s amazing! He said so much but idk what to believe!!! 😱😱😱

I’m beyond excited! 

So exciting!! I'm glad your friend has reiterated what everyone else has said about the album being amazing!!

4 minutes ago, Mensch said:

I’m beyond excited! 

Can you share some more of what he said / thought?!

4 minutes ago, TXIII said:

Can you share some more of what he said / thought?!

The video is based on Scarface (I guess that explains her looking like Michelle Pheiffer in the still we got of her in the sequin outfit)  and the dancing is weird and there’s a shootout in the club. 

Apparently he said it reminded him of living for love but much better 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️ 

Also I don’t know how much I believe this but there will be another record dropped soon afterward...apparently already recorded and ready but THAT I find hard to believe. A full dance record

A song during Pride will be filmed for a music video possibly for I Rise...idk how much I believe that either.  

I saw pics and he described lots of songs!!! 

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks
2 minutes ago, Mensch said:

The video is based on Scarface (I guess that explains her looking like Michelle Pheiffer in the still we got of her in the sequin outfit)  and the dancing is weird and there’s a shootout in the club. 

Apparently he said it reminded him of living for love but much better 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️ 

Also I don’t know how much I believe this but there will be another record dropped soon afterward...apparently already recorded and ready but THAT I find hard to believe. A full dance record

A song during Pride will be filmed for a music video possibly for I Rise...idk how much I believe that either.  

I think you are being duped. I appreciate what you share, but I just don't belive another record will be dropped soon after.  You seem to doubt it as well, so I suspect a lot of what you are trying to share is well intended, but I hope people are taking with a grain of salt.

Just now, Amelia said:

I think you are being duped. I appreciate what you share, but I just don't belive another record will be dropped soon after.  You seem to doubt it as well, so I suspect a lot of what you are trying to share is well intended, but I hope people are taking with a grain of salt.

Yeah I found that way too hard to believe. But I’m just relaying the info. He did sound extra enthusiastic about the album and Killers so I’m excited. He sounded like a true fan too which made me wanna believe him a little bit more

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks
Just now, Mensch said:

Yeah I found that way too hard to believe. But I’m just relaying the info. He did sound extra enthusiastic about the album and Killers so I’m excited. He sounded like a true fan too which made me wanna believe him a little bit more

I know how exciting it can be, but there are people who like to mislead.  We all know the next album will be amazing. Though, it's subjective to most.  But some are determined to think every album is going to have this "banger" that might not exist for this album.  We know Madonna is very visual and that alone can be very telling to a "theatrical" tour, especially since she's focused on more intimate performances.

Thanks, @Mensch, as always!

The follow-up record rumor — not to be too cynical — isn’t especially new ... Veronica Electronica, anyone? (For those newbies: a remixed alternative version of Ray of Light was rumored to come out as a follow-up to RoL ... Madonna even discussed it herself.  But it never happened.)

I had a friend who worked for MTV2 around the time of COADF, and his friends at the parent network said that she had enough recorded for a second album to swiftly follow up COADF. (This basically turned out to be true, as we know from surfacing demos that she DID have a lot of recorded material, partially because of cancelled musical film projects. But again, no such record was released.)

Sorry to pour cold water. Maybe this time it will actually happen! (#mixtape might mean something?!) But I wouldn’t hold my breath.

PS - I think Mensch told us about the Michelle Pfeiffer inspiration before, so that bit might be “old news” being recycled by an enthusiastic fan — unless he showed you things you hadn’t seen previously.

1 minute ago, peter said:

Thanks, @Mensch, as always!

The follow-up record rumor — not to be too cynical — isn’t especially new ... Veronica Electronica, anyone? (For those newbies: a remixed alternative version of Ray of Light was rumored to come out as a follow-up to RoL ... Madonna even discussed it herself.  But it never happened.)

I had a friend who worked for MTV2 around the time of COADF, and his friends at the parent network said that she had enough recorded for a second album to swiftly follow up COADF. (This basically turned out to be true, as we know from surfacing demos that she DID have a lot of recorded material, partially because of cancelled musical film projects. But again, no such record was released.)

Sorry to pour cold water. Maybe this time it will actually happen! (#mixtape might mean something?!) But I wouldn’t hold my breath.

PS - I think Mensch told us about the Michelle Pfeiffer inspiration before, so that bit might be “old news” being recycled by an enthusiastic fan — unless he showed you things you hadn’t seen previously.

Yeah I think we all already came to that conclusion. It was just exciting to hear from someone who saw the video! 

Of course, we can discuss whether “record” means single or album again — and whether this person (unlike Rosie) would have meant album, etc.

Glad to hear more positive pre-buzz, though! And to reaffirm the existence of a video I notice more fans are doubting as the weeks wear on — labelling it an “urban myth” etc.

Keep the faith!

58 minutes ago, Mensch said:

Awesome. Love your excitement. Thanks for all the info. 

1 hour ago, Mensch said:

you mean an album? because someone said the French record store (that mostly cares about Mylene farmer) said M is releasing two albums..

33 minutes ago, Nikki said:

você quer dizer um álbum? porque alguém disse que a loja de discos francesa (que mais se preocupa com o fazendeiro Mylene) disse que M está lançando dois álbuns.

Where ?

56 minutes ago, Nikki said:

you mean an album? because someone said the French record store (that mostly cares about Mylene farmer) said M is releasing two albums..

Album. I mean a full on dance album is what he said. 

It will take me the rest of the year to fully digest Madame X.

So if there really is another full album ready I hope she waits until 2020.

51 minutes ago, Mensch said:

Album. I mean a full on dance album is what he said. 

Thanks Mensch!

.I think that rumor from another album was already commented on by someone in the forum. 

It seems a bit strange that it's true ... we'll see..

3 hours ago, Mensch said:

game-of-thrones-ellaria-sand-scream.gif

5 hours ago, Amelia said:

@Mensch has been right about a lot of stuff, Thank you for sharing this info, it’s all so exciting. 

Regarding a new album, did you say it was more of a remix album?