Madame X: Discussion (LISTENING PARTY info within)

I haven't listened to any songs besides Medellín, and I only listened to Medellín a few times. I want to wait for the full album before listening to anymore songs. 

Am I the only weird person doing this? lol

19 minutes ago, poprock said:

I haven't listened to any songs besides Medellín, and I only listened to Medellín a few times. I want to wait for the full album before listening to anymore songs. 

Well, I wouldn't say you are weird, you just have an extreme self control LOL

But as we still have 10+ songs to hear I think it is okay to listen to the songs she released. She want us to get a flavour of the album. I am totally for it. Even having heard the released songs I know I will be surprised by the album. It is shaping up to be extremely varied and a love it

What I really love about her art is that she s always been putting in her fans and the world 's face " DARE TO CHANGE , DON T STAND IN THE SURFACE , GO DEEPER , DON T HOLD ONTO THE PAST , RISK " ...and this album s shaping up to be once again a step ahead in popculture .

33 minutes ago, poprock said:

I tried to do this but I had Alexa play Medellin and straight after came I Rise and I'd heard it before I realised so o just listened to all the tracks so far. 

You're in for a treat, by the look of it.

She's definitely created something special, here

For the first time, I feel the ‘featuring’ artists are really part of the songs and this album. They’re just no ‘guests’. This is part of the diversity of this album and the idea of Madame X. No wonder they’re enlisted as M & (artist name). 

Can’t wait for the full thing now. ❌

39 minutes ago, Flip The Switch said:

For the first time, I feel the ‘featuring’ artists are really part of the songs and this album. They’re just no ‘guests’. This is part of the diversity of this album and the idea of Madame X. No wonder their enlisted as M & (artist name). 

THIS! +

It's amazing how easily these songs have slotted into her discography. Especially Medellin and crave, it's like they've always been here. So happy right now.

3 hours ago, poprock said:

Your strength is admirable. Stay true! 

1 hour ago, Flip The Switch said:

For the first time, I feel the ‘featuring’ artists are really part of the songs and this album. They’re just no ‘guests’. This is part of the diversity of this album and the idea of Madame X. No wonder they’re enlisted as M & (artist name). 

Agreed! All of them come as natural has her having background singers on the songs. None sound forced or out of place at this point. Even Soltera sounds like a true collab. Nothing just stuck on randomly just because.

7 hours ago, mr_boogiewoogie said:

+1! 🤩

Future has really helped to get a bigger picture of what the album has in store for us !!!

2 hours ago, blackmamba109 said:

I am dyyyyyying to hear more!!!!!!! June 14 can't come soon enough ugh!!!!! Has there been any write ups or descriptions on the rest of the songs??

Literally nothing except a couple of lyrics for God Control and Batuka quoted in the British Vogue article.

I believe some “insider” mentioned God Control being a dance song, but I tend to take these people with a grain of salt.

Some people claim the snippet in the album trailer video is Extreme Occident and that might be accurate but I can’t pinpoint why that took hold as fact. Also she quoted some lyrics from that song in her Glaad speech. Some people think there are snippets from two songs featured in the trailer.

Basically we know nothing which I find to be a wonderful thing indeed!

4 minutes ago, Shane said:

Literally nothing except a couple of lyrics for God Control and Batuka quoted in the British Vogue article.

I believe some “insider” mentioned God Control being a dance song, but I tend to take these people with a grain of salt.

Some people claim the snippet in the album trailer video is Extreme Occident and that might be accurate but I can’t pinpoint why that took hold as fact. Also she quoted some lyrics from that song in her Glaad speech. Some people think there are snippets from two songs featured in the trailer.

Second instrumental/snippet after EO is probably another song. Maybe ''Batuka''?

4 minutes ago, Shane said:

This comes from the fact that if you Shazam the trailer it comes up as Extreme Occident. And then the lyrics from that clip and the ones she quoted in her GLAAD speech seem to fit together. 

The insider who talked about God Control being a "disco fever" and I Don't Search I Find being another disco influenced song, was the same guy who first talked about the horns in Future, and he was right about that. So I want to believe him.

Also, I've heard there's a couple 90s-like dance songs in the album (I guess, they are the same two songs mentioned by that insider). The rest of the album may be more mid-tempo with some ballads, like the songs we all know by now.

Edited by JohnnyUtah

So, with Future being the third clunker in a row for me I am worried about the album. I guess I am predisposed to like the Mirwais stuff which means I may get an EP of music I like out of Madame X. 

I'm actually very, very sad right now. Sorry to be a Debbie Downer here, but I just am. 

46 minutes ago, Shane said:

Because we shazam the snippet video of IG and the name Extreme Occident came out. 

28 minutes ago, Mozo1 said:

So, with Future being the third clunker in a row for me I am worried about the album. I guess I am predisposed to like the Mirwais stuff which means I may get an EP of music I like out of Madame X. 

I'm actually very, very sad right now. Sorry to be a Debbie Downer here, but I just am. 

Awww I am sorry to hear this. I can’t imagine not liking Madonna’s songs, especially three in a row, but I would probably be sad if that happened.

Maybe you will end up loving the rest of the album when it comes out on June 14!  Plus you have Dark Ballet to look forward to on June 7th!

6 minutes ago, Flip The Switch said:

Because we shazam the snippet video of IG and the name Extreme Occident came out. 

Thank you to you and @Cesky for informing me!

21 minutes ago, Shaun said:

I can’t stop listening to these four songs. Holy shit, she’s giving it to us.

When the whole album comes out it will be on loop. I’ll probably freak out at the idea I can’t listen to everything all at once. That’s how hungry I am for this era. 

54 minutes ago, Mozo1 said:

I know what you mean but I'm playing them in the background and actually they work together. I'm surprised four mid tempo songs have been released in succession and I'm still hoping there will be some instant classics on the album.

However, I remember being the same with bedtime stories - no uptempo pop songs but that's become one of my favourite albums, way above Ray of light.

They do start to grow on you. Have a drink or three and put them on in the background! 🍾🥃

1 hour ago, Shane said:

Awww I am sorry to hear this. I can’t imagine not liking Madonna’s songs, especially three in a row, but I would probably be sad if that happened.

Maybe you will end up loving the rest of the album when it comes out on June 14!  Plus you have Dark Ballet to look forward to on June 7th!

Thank you. ❤️ I hate feeling this way,  and I am surprised by it as Medellin floored me with its awesomeness,  but I am excited to hear Madame X in its entirety. Mirwais will Rescue Me—I believe in the power of (his) love! 🙂🙂