Rate: Future

Rate: Future  

222 members have voted

1. 1. Rate: Future

Okay putas,

same procedure as with the last songs! Let's rate M's newest endeavor into Jamaican dancehall!

Personally, I'm gonna go with 'Good'. Normally it's not the kind of genre I listen to a lot, nor am I a fan of Quavo KuVo, but M did a good job making it her own and it stayed in my head right after the first listen, so that's always a good sign :thumbsup: Highlight to me is definitely the bridge, plus M chanting "Let your love shiiine" into Quavo's verse. If the voice effects were a bit toned down and the hook a little stronger, I'd give it an excellent.

Now it's your turn! 

My favourite along with Crave. Very summery, nostalgic&futuristic at the same time, escapist. So sad it's not an official single. I voted 'excellent', a 10.

I really love it, especially because I had very low expectations. Quavo's participation is not too much and the song has a very positive vibe. I wish it had a little less effects on Ms voice, but I get the concept of the song and think it is ok.

7/10 (for me a 7 is very good grade 😉 )

I think I had REALLY low expectations for this song too, not just because I think Madonna and featured artist tracks are super uneven, but also because of I Rise and Crave. I like them just fine, but both sound like Rebel Heart album tracks to me, and RH is truly her most boring album (just my opinion). So I was basically expecting an Unapologetic Bitch redux, and that song isn't my favorite. I say this not because I wanna throw shade at her other projects to build up this one or to make myself seem less excited (I swear) but just to underscore how everything has just been surprising me as of late. I keep saying that the reason Madonna remains successful is cuz she knows how to throw curveballs... even to her own fans. She's really good at regaining her creative spirit in times when people are quick to write her off. I anticipate really good reviews for this album too. I also have a feeling that the rest of the album is far more complex and layered than the last 3 songs would have you believe (I happen to think Medellin is a super unique song). 

Anyway, all that to say... Future is LUSH

My initial reaction to every song released from this album so far has been disappointment, but then a quick 180° with a few more listens. I love all four tracks. It’s shaping up to be a concept album, and I love concept albums! 

17 minutes ago, Ai Papi Si. said:

I think I had REALLY low expectations for this song too, not just because I think Madonna and featured artist tracks are super uneven, but also because of I Rise and Crave. I like them just fine, but both sound like Rebel Heart album tracks to me, and RH is truly her most boring album (just my opinion). So I was basically expecting an Unapologetic Bitch redux, and that song isn't my favorite. I say this not because I wanna throw shade at her other projects to build up this one or to make myself seem less excited (I swear) but just to underscore how everything has just been surprising me as of late. I keep saying that the reason Madonna remains successful is cuz she knows how to throw curveballs... even to her own fans. She's really good at regaining her creative spirit in times when people are quick to write her off. I anticipate really good reviews for this album too. I also have a feeling that the rest of the album is far more complex and layered than the last 3 songs would have you believe (I happen to think Medellin is a super unique song). 

Anyway, all that to say... Future is LUSH

Rebel Heart was a step up from MDNA, which was a step down from Hard Candy, which was a fall into the abyss from Confessions. But Madame X is a step way, way up from anything she’s done since Confessions, and quite a bit more sophisticated. 

I think the most accomplished phase of her career was the middle: Erotica, Bedtime Stories, Ray of Light, Music, and American Life. What began as a sexual polemic evolved and turned inward. It’s the most musically experimental phase of her career, too. Madame X feels like the beginning of an innovative closing chapter. 

Edited by bcx
Typo

It's OK. An good album track but it is the first song from Madame X am not connecting with at all . 

1 hour ago, Flip The Switch said:

15/10

We're like the same person.

Future is EXCELLENT! Can't get enough.

This album will be another milestone for her in terms of quality. Definitely the best of the 10's!

I love and admire it.  Can’t understand fans who want only one kind of song.  The joy of a Madonna album is always that she satisfies everyone with a combination of dance, ballads, mid tempo, and experimentalism.  Always a feast and a journey.

When people call an amazing song like I Rise “basic,” I take it with a grain of salt, because they are essentially saying that it sounds like some lesser pop tart who ripped off Madonna in the first place, so basically it sounds like classic Madonna.

However, Future sounds like nothing else in her catalog or anything out there really.  Unique blending of styles.

With these four songs, she has given something for everyone.  I happen to love them all.

Rated Future excellent.

I rated it Good. Personally it doesn’t rise to the level of Excellent, mostly because it starts to get long with little payoff (after the don’t tell me part). Most importantly, I would’ve loved another verse from M, or more M in general. I also realize I may have something against Diplo lol. All his songs with M are good but there is always an element of laziness to them. I just think he’s not a perfectionist (when working with M) and does not put in the creative time to take something to the next level. 

I rate it good for now, but there are some excellent things in it, (the horns, the summersih feeling, Madonna's verses) so it may grow on me, specially after Eurovision and the L.A. video (?).

I don't know if this is the best option for Eurovision setlist, but I'm very happy that this song is in the album. I think it will fit perfectly alongside Medellin, Batuka, Bitch I'm Loca, Faz Gostoso and all that hot global different beats.

Excellent. A bop with a message. Love the lyrics and Quavo is a perfect fit for this track. Surprised how well he blends in to this.

I’m obsessed with this song! Very euro / cuban vibes. I love her bionic voice. Love the overall futuristic style reggaeton. My favorite part are the trumpets! Fading out then coming back around like a really good orgasm lol  

Just now, Katypatra said:

I’m obsessed with this song! Very euro / cuban vibes. I love her bionic voice. Love the overall futuristic style reggaeton. My favorite part are the trumpets! Fading out then coming back around like a really good orgasm lol  

yes baby!! :jerkoff:

Those trumpets are giving me life!! REALLY hope she explores this album with organic instruments on the tour. There MUST be REAL trumpets for this song.....perhaps she could also use them for an album version of Express Yourself too. :dramatic:

Very catchy, summer-y song.

Definitely an album track, not a single, but still good and high quality. 

I'd give it a 5 out of 10.

I do like it but feels robotic/somewhat chill though...it's a grower.