Eurovision

5 minutes ago, Confessit said:

I know I find it odd surly they'll be some TV (Graham or Johnathan) lined up for the album....unless the time is filled with some decent promo what's the point of hanging on weeks after the Eurovision to drop the album when tonight will be the biggest exposure she will get for the entire album era.

Oh don't. I've already been barked at once on here for my disappointment of her choosing Future for tonight's performance but it really isnt a great song choice I think it's a mistake a la super bowl and GMAYL....but here we are and it doesn't rain on my utter excitement to see her unveil an epic performance!!!!

There is a reason why its performed. Its probably the best choice for the message she wants to deliver. Maybe about the climate chance..

18 minutes ago, loveperanders said:

Eurovision is super camp, gay, glittery over the top entertainment🤩 If you're expecting amazing singers and serious music then you're a bit off the mark. Too European for big part of the British(brexit..hrm) people maybe but the rest of us will have a gay ole time 🤗🌟🥂

Maybe you can check out The Netherlands song 'Arcade'. It's a beautiful song from the heart. Not manifactured but written from the heart and sould of this talented dutch guy. 

1 minute ago, dollhouse said:

There is a reason why its performed. Its probably the best choice for the message she wants to deliver. Maybe about the climate chance..

You could be right. I might change perspective after tonight's performance and although I'm not keen on the track I do hope they capitalise on tonight and follow it up with a video/radio serving etc. Otherwise what was the point …?

I do wonder what will she sing first 

2 minutes ago, Kim said:

This might tip LAP over into being her first UK million seller? I know ITG was the closest but LAP must be close behind.

When I look at some of the million sellers in the UK the fact LAP isn't already there is sacrilege. 

19 minutes ago, Confessit said:

Not all us British are mad brexiters 😜

I know and thank you for that. I live in London, my husband is English and he's not a Brexiter either😉

Just now, loveperanders said:

I know and thank you for that. I live in London, my husband is English and he's not a Brexiter either😉

That is most reassuring 💋💋

55 minutes ago, Geiger83 said:

Well, once I wrote here Madonna should pay more attention to her singing technique and I was almost banned. I just meant the human voice needs training like our body. If Madonna wants to sing live well then she needs to take care of her voice . She has a wonderful voice but she also should take care of her voice, she is a singer after all 

(no shade at all here, it is just an observation)

Completely agree and I think that this is a general rule for every singer (as you said).

I absolutely love the way she sang Like a Prayer during the Re-Invention Tour. Such a powerful, confident and pleasant voice:

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks
19 minutes ago, Confessit said:

I know I find it odd surly they'll be some TV (Graham or Johnathan) lined up for the album....unless the time is filled with some decent promo what's the point of hanging on weeks after the Eurovision to drop the album when tonight will be the biggest exposure she will get for the entire album era.

Oh don't. I've already been barked at once on here for my disappointment of her choosing Future for tonight's performance but it really isnt a great song choice I think it's a mistake a la super bowl and GMAYL....but here we are and it doesn't rain on my utter excitement to see her unveil an epic performance!!!!

The performance on Eurovision can definitely interest people in buying what's already available from the new album (and her catalog) as well as pre-order the album.  You can bet pre-orders will sky rocket for her after this performance.  It also can remind people what a great performer she is, and get people to purchase tickets for her upcoming tour (where available). 

16 minutes ago, Confessit said:

When I look at some of the million sellers in the UK the fact LAP isn't already there is sacrilege. 

I just checked and LAP is on  850,500 so far!

voices change. when you get older, your voice grows old. Madonna is not a robot. Madonna is good enough to sing in her 60s.

Just now, fandonna said:

voices change. when you get older, your voice grows old. Madonna is not a robot. Madonna is good enough to sing in her 60s.

she sounds fine in stonewall.. I hope to god @Kim's theory is right and she's just not putting in the effort for rehearsals and saving voice for in a few hours

Just now, Nikki said:

she sounds fine in stonewall.. I hope to god @Kim's theory is right and she's just not putting in the effort for rehearsals and saving voice for in a few hours

absolutely

i was very surprised by her stonewall performance. especially at the end of CHFIL, she sounded angelic.

45 minutes ago, loveperanders said:

Eurovision is super camp, gay, glittery over the top entertainment🤩 If you're expecting amazing singers and serious music then you're a bit off the mark. Too European for big part of the British(brexit..hrm) people maybe but the rest of us will have a gay ole time 🤗🌟🥂

I don't agree with the 'too European' for the British. It gets good ratings and is on BBC 1. If it were niche TV it would be tucked away on BBC 2 or 4.

And also there are always some great songs on there. However, this year is quite weak all round.

Shame Kelly didn't win for Britain but I remember on the night, her sound didn't seem great so the song fell a bit flat even though it sounds great on the radio. So we've entered a Westlife reject. Nil pointes!

The most disappointing part of this whole era is that she's using that cheap remake instrumental of Like a Prayer

2 hours ago, Kim said:

It's just a rehearsal, she's not necessarily putting her all into the singing. No need for panic stations yet.

It's a pity it's the same casio keyboard arrangement though, but oh well.

Very true, we have seen many of her rehearsals where she sings minimally as she is having to coordinate the choreography, staging and has someone talking in her ear. She will no doubt be fantastic on the night as she sings this song very well (see tours and Tsunami Aid). We will get VocoderMadonna for Future as the song has that effect on her voice. 

that freaking wigiblogs or whatever their names are, published a false article saying M "thinks" she lip synched not knowing her voice was recorded in that bad rehearsal. That's how it starts. Oh gosh

26 minutes ago, Amelia said:

The performance on Eurovision can definitely interest people in buying what's already available from the new album (and her catalog) as well as pre-order the album.  You can bet pre-orders will sky rocket for her after this performance.  It also can remind people what a great performer she is, and get people to purchase tickets for her upcoming tour (where available). 

I just wish this performance will remind the GP who THE REAL QUEEN is again!

7 minutes ago, jonski43 said:

I don't agree with the 'too European' for the British. It gets good ratings and is on BBC 1. If it were niche TV it would be tucked away on BBC 2 or 4.

And also there are always some great songs on there. However, this year is quite weak all round.

Shame Kelly didn't win for Britain but I remember on the night, her sound didn't seem great so the song fell a bit flat even though it sounds great on the radio. So we've entered a Westlife reject. Nil pointes!

I live in London and I don't know any English people who watch it a part from gays but ok. 

Yes Kelly would've been so much more fun instead they're sending another boring Xfactor ballad.

My favorites tonight a part from Queen M are Sweden, Greece and Cyprus who actually feels a bit Madonna imo😊

3 hours ago, Confessit said:

I just can't wait she's been mentioned in everything to do with tonight's contest here in the U.K. from TV specials about the Eurovision to radio nods to the show itself. She's been in all the newspapers so everyone knows she is coming the hype is certainly there!!!

Madonna back on mainstream TV in front of an epic production dressed in head to toe in iconic JPG is just magic......I can't wait for social media to explode tonight following her performance....

I do wonder will there be a push on Future tonight on radio/as a single following its debut to the Europe/world? Is there a music video for the song round the corner.....I mean is it being treated as just an album track promotion for Madame X or is it truly the 3rd single?

Whatever happens I'm sure after tonight the streams/sales of Future will enjoy a big boost across Europe.

This is why the album should have been good to go yesterday or next Friday. Capitalize on the promotion! 

6 minutes ago, loveperanders said:

I live in London and I don't know any English people who watch it a part from gays but ok. 

Yes Kelly would've been so much more fun instead they're sending another boring Xfactor ballad.

My favorites tonight a part from Queen M are Sweden, Greece and Cyprus who actually feels a bit Madonna imo😊

Nearly 7 million people watched it last year in the UK. There ain't that many gays here. 

I really like Azerbaijan, Norway was peak Eurovision, San Marino was fun. I even liked the Slovenian song but the couple were a bit creepy.

And so long as M stays standing up, it's a win!

2 minutes ago, Mensch said:

Why is he saying “no no no, wow” in the beginning I wonder...😒

Why do you think?  🤣 

But as we've all said, it's just a rehearsal.

2 minutes ago, Mensch said:

Why is he saying “no no no, wow” in the beginning I wonder...😒

Its obviously a secret recording, this maybe someone nearby talking and have nothing to do with her performance. It's such a shame she keeps going to the Casio Keyboard for backing music. It spoils this version, Met Gala and also Nothing Compares 2 U. Kevin Outoftunes needs to go...