Eurovision

2 minutes ago, ashtangi74 said:

im sure it will look breathtaking with costumes, led and staging. If only she would chose another musical director. It sounds so flat and takes all of the energy out of the arrangement, song.

I have to agree with you on that I think the arrangement sounds naff and karaoke.

13 minutes ago, Kim said:

giphy.gif

(I know she won't)

Is it too soon to say lip sync for your life 😂😋😋

God I can't wait I don't know if I need an early cocktail or something stronger.....I'm suspecting both if I'm going to sit through the Eurovision waiting for her interview and performance !! 

6 minutes ago, Confessit said:

cocktail or something stronger.....I'm suspecting both if I'm going to sit through the Eurovision waiting for her interview and performance !!

Straight vodka should do the trick. This will be my first time watching this crap all the way through since the days of old Terry Wogan taking the piss on commentary.

9 minutes ago, Eltacubo said:

You guys are all going bananas. Get a hold of yourselves and ENJOY THE MUSIC!!

We're just having a bit of FUN HUN.

1 hour ago, Messiah said:

Thanks for sharing! 

Honestly, I really hope she warms up her voice before the show because it doesn't sound very strong... She raises the notes too high, I noticed the same thing last year at the MET.

Well, once I wrote here Madonna should pay more attention to her singing technique and I was almost banned. I just meant the human voice needs training like our body. If Madonna wants to sing live well then she needs to take care of her voice . She has a wonderful voice but she also should take care of her voice, she is a singer after all 

(no shade at all here, it is just an observation)

Edited by Geiger83

For the umpteenth time:

Madonna will be on almost 3 hours into show - probably around 11.55 p.m. CEST.

For those wondering when that is in London / NYC / LA time: look it up!

Official EBU live stream:

For other live streams with national commentary, go to eurovision.tv.

It's not Available to North America....on that link......so I hope you European fans will record this in TOP QUALITY for us.....and we will love you LONG TIME ! 

Thank you....and please enjoy it for us! 😍😍

18 minutes ago, Kim said:

Straight vodka should do the trick. This will be my first time watching this crap all the way through since the days of old Terry Wogan taking the piss on commentary.

As long as it's flavoured dear pour me a large one. 

'I know it's sacrilege to some but I'm not a fan of the contest usually but I like Graham Norton so I'll give it a try.

9 minutes ago, paradise said:

If just 1% of the tv audience buy a copy of madame x it will generate over 1.5 million sales 

That's an amazing statistic. 

I honestly thought she would take a single there and we would get big sales/stream numbers on the back of the performance.....I still expect Future to get streamed/purchased digitally in big numbers tonight and tomorrow following the performance though. 

8 minutes ago, MLVC82 said:

It's not Available to North America....on that link......so I hope you European fans will record this in TOP QUALITY for us.....and we will love you LONG TIME ! 

Thank you....and please enjoy it for us! 😍😍

They better record it! 

13 minutes ago, Geiger83 said:

Well, once I wrote here Madonna should pay more attention to her singing technique and I was almost banned.

I doubt that.

If you said OMG SHE SOUNDS LIKE SHIT (with 15 posts)... then yes.

17 minutes ago, paradise said:

If just 1% of the tv audience buy a copy of madame x it will generate over 1.5 million sales 

Yes, it's a pity the album wasn't out this week. I wouldn't be surprised if LAP the song gets a huge boost (even more than Future in fact)

8 minutes ago, Confessit said:

'I know it's sacrilege to some but I'm not a fan of the contest usually but I like Graham Norton so I'll give it a try.

Doesn't help that the UK routinely sends absolute SHIT to it. I've already see the predictions of coming dead last (again).

Just now, Kim said:

Yes, it's a pity the album wasn't out this week. I wouldn't be surprised if LAP the song gets a huge boost (even more than Future in fact)

Doesn't help that the UK routinely sends absolute SHIT to it. I've already see the predictions of coming dead last (again).

I agree about both points here.

The fact she isn't dropping the a,bum on the back of tonight seems odd but makes me think there must be a whole lot of promo coming our way as the album still isn't out for another 4 weeks!

I imagine they'll be an assault on TV promo around Europe/America before the album drops.

I think they'll be a surge of streams fro LAP after tonight I can see the song going into iTunes top tens across Europe following tonight's performance.

Furture.....hmmm....it will get attention but I don't think personally it's a good enough track for people to stream/buy in massive numbers but for sure the massive audience she is about to get will gurentee Future gets some attention!

I think this years entry is really good and he can actually sing as well.

5 minutes ago, Kim said:

Eurovision is super camp, gay, glittery over the top entertainment🤩 If you're expecting amazing singers and serious music then you're a bit off the mark. Too European for big part of the British(brexit..hrm) people maybe but the rest of us will have a gay ole time 🤗🌟🥂

Just now, loveperanders said:

Eurovision is super camp, gay, glittery over the top entertainment🤩 If you're expecting amazing singers and serious music then you're a bit off the mark. Too European for big part of the British(brexit..hrm) people maybe but the rest of us will have a gay ole time 🤗🌟🥂

Not all us British are mad brexiters 😜

7 minutes ago, Confessit said:

The fact she isn't dropping the a,bum on the back of tonight seems odd but makes me think there must be a whole lot of promo coming our way as the album still isn't out for another 4 weeks!

I imagine they'll be an assault on TV promo around Europe/America before the album drops.

I think they'll be a surge of streams fro LAP after tonight I can see the song going into iTunes top tens across Europe following tonight's performance.

Furture.....hmmm....it will get attention but I don't think personally it's a good enough track for people to stream/buy in massive numbers but for sure the massive audience she is about to get will gurentee Future gets some attention!

I think TIC and Celebration will see big sales surge after the performance.

And LAP song which already is her biggest digital seller..

Just now, dollhouse said:

I think TIC and Celebration will see big sales surge after the performance.

And LAP song which already is her biggest digital seller..

I agree. 

Is it really? I thought Hung Up was her biggest digital seller.....didn't it smash 10 million and become one of the biggest digital singles ever…

31 minutes ago, Confessit said:

I'm curious (and slightly surprised) that we haven't heard anything definite about UK promo yet. It's one of those markets that she really HAS to try and get back (album sales wise).

Yes, LAP will get a huge boost even with the midi arrangement. The question is, how do you follow up a perfect pop song? With "Future" apparently...

26 minutes ago, loveperanders said:

Well that's my point. On the selection show, the UK chose a fat x-factor reject singing a shit ballad instead of the black woman with the camp factor and the better song to represent them. So it's racist Brexit Britain (England to be precise) that has the problem.

45 minutes ago, Kim said:

Same here, I stopped watching several years back when it really got too big for its boots. I believe it now runs over several nights, and even Australia is in it? Crazy! I’ll literally be watching at 10:55 and finish with Madonna 💃❌

8 minutes ago, Confessit said:

I agree. 

Is it really? I thought Hung Up was her biggest digital seller.....didn't it smash 10 million and become one of the biggest digital singles ever…

Initially yes, but I think LAP is now doing better catalog sales every year

And the fact shes performing it now more makes it even more "de facto" Madonna song associated with her the most

Lets see what people think about the new song. Especially when its in direct comparison with such old and loved megahit.

Just now, Kim said:

I'm curious (and slightly surprised) that we haven't heard anything definite about UK promo yet. It's one of those markets that she really HAS to try and get back (album sales wise).

Yes, LAP will get a huge boost even with the midi arrangement. The question is, how do you follow up a perfect pop song? With "Future" apparently...

I know I find it odd surly they'll be some TV (Graham or Johnathan) lined up for the album....unless the time is filled with some decent promo what's the point of hanging on weeks after the Eurovision to drop the album when tonight will be the biggest exposure she will get for the entire album era.

Oh don't. I've already been barked at once on here for my disappointment of her choosing Future for tonight's performance but it really isnt a great song choice I think it's a mistake a la super bowl and GMAYL....but here we are and it doesn't rain on my utter excitement to see her unveil an epic performance!!!!

1 minute ago, dollhouse said:

Initially yes, but I think LAP is now doing better catalog sales every year

And the fact shes performing it now more makes it "de facto" Madonna song associated her the most

Lets see what people think about the new song. Especially when its in direct comparison with old megahit.

A boost for a classic!!! I do think it will be in all the iTunes top tens tomorrow LAP is an unstoppable force.