Madonna @ NYC pride - CONFIRMED !

Given that enough time has passed, I think it would be amazing if she reunites with some of the original Blonde Ambition/TOD crew for her Vogue performance.   If there's a time for burying the hatchet, World Pride would be it.   And for a generation of gays, that movie and tour is absolutely seminal and is still groundbreaking today.  

Just now, Dindi said:

Given that enough time has passed, I think it would be amazing if she reunites with some of the original Blonde Ambition/TOD crew for her Vogue performance.   If there's a time for burying the hatchet, World Pride would be it.  

Lol that would be so fucking amazing. Amazing enough to perhaps make the stupider setlist choices moot. 

It's interesting that people are calling Future this political song because it's really not. The lyrics are about barely anything. Just because it's, let's face it, kinda más o menos doesn't mean it's political. :lol: And just because God Control is a banger doesn't mean it isn't political - it's much more so than Future.

Y'all be so dramatic. 

The same wishing Madonna should never do a disco song/confession like album are now wishing Madame X should perform a disco set when her lastest album is far from that genre outside 1 song out of 18. 

On paper Madonna is sometime hard to understand. But she's the queen.  She's woke and above us. We have to listen and learn the message she tries teach us.

Is celebrating pride only require disco?? Dance songs?? Are we not allowed to make a political statement and give an empowering message because you cant twerk during a performance.    

She's not walking the predictable path. Like she always did. 

I want Madonna to perform get together since forever. Get together, living for love, vogue, IDSIF, god control, music etc would have made a incredible setlist. But hey why not surprising us.  

Always liked AL and some of the official remixes, butt it feels like  another weird choice for a setlist. Not really sure though.

Madonna is getting more and more eccentric. Wouldn't be surprised if she quotes Marx and Trotsky during her speech. lol

9 minutes ago, MadFan said:

It's interesting that people are calling Future this political song because it's really not. The lyrics are about barely anything. Just because it's, let's face it, kinda más o menos doesn't mean it's political. :lol: And just because God Control is a banger doesn't mean it isn't political - it's much more so than Future.

Yep. That big dissertation about gay pride from @Raider of the lost Ark is like ok great - let's make the performance both activist in nature and also uplifting. He maintains she's aiming for deeper meaning. Why not go for the most political song on the album? God Control. It hits every mark. Lyrically, it's incredible. Future can be on the setlist too as a bookend - clearly she loves it. Fine. I am not opposed to it being in the mix. But American Life is a lurch into incompetence for me. Why that song? 

I'm not saying Madonna's career is over or that I hate her. I just want to understand these choices. American Life is a song about vanity and fame that accompanied an album (and music video) with very politically charged imagery, so people automatically assume it's a political song. We can dissect that word all we want, but that song about Madonna.  Performing that song at this event is ridiculous. No one even likes it. Music is democratic in a way. A fan here and there may like American Life. Most do not. It won't play well. 

Alright I'll stop posting about this :rotfl:

30 minutes ago, Dindi said:

Given that enough time has passed, I think it would be amazing if she reunites with some of the original Blonde Ambition/TOD crew for her Vogue performance.   If there's a time for burying the hatchet, World Pride would be it.   And for a generation of gays, that movie and tour is absolutely seminal and is still groundbreaking today.  

jose is featured in the current season of pose (which is very much about "vogue"), so that would be really cool if she brought a few of them out for that song. 

1 minute ago, YannBouch said:

I'm just happy she's not doing it full clown 

everything else is good for me 😂😂😂

Omg, are you sure though :lmao:

Just now, vertigokane said:

I’m paraphrasing, but he basically asked if she had any idea what she meant to people/fans, and she didn’t offer any sort of gratitude, but instead implied that it was a burden and that she couldn’t get caught up in caring.

Interesting.

well, that has its advantages and disadvantages.

5 minutes ago, vertigokane said:

I’m paraphrasing, but he basically asked if she had any idea what she meant to people/fans, and she didn’t offer any sort of gratitude, but instead implied that it was a burden and that she couldn’t get caught up in caring.

I love her #GetAlife moments and she s right about it , she s honest .

1 hour ago, Ai Papi Si. said:

Yep. That big dissertation about gay pride from @Raider of the lost Ark is like ok great - let's make the performance both activist in nature and also uplifting. He maintains she's aiming for deeper meaning. Why not go for the most political song on the album? God Control. It hits every mark. Lyrically, it's incredible. Future can be on the setlist too as a bookend - clearly she loves it. Fine. I am not opposed to it being in the mix. But American Life is a lurch into incompetence for me. Why that song? 

I'm not saying Madonna's career is over or that I hate her. I just want to understand these choices. American Life is a song about vanity and fame that accompanied an album (and music video) with very politically charged imagery, so people automatically assume it's a political song. We can dissect that word all we want, but that song about Madonna.  Performing that song at this event is ridiculous. No one even likes it. Music is democratic in a way. A fan here and there may like American Life. Most do not. It won't play well. 

Alright I'll stop posting about this :rotfl:

I agree with this 100%. Reading the room. I love AL, but that song has no place in Pride.

With Madame X she was rebellious and did her thing but she made something amazing- so everyone was loves it and gets the message. If she does the same with her performance she ll please her fans, warm her public and say the message she wants to say. Singing AL sounds lazy concep wise considering the gold of an album she has just released.

I love M when she is transgressive (dwt!) but failing to read the room (like she did in eurovision makes it so less people get the message. Thats something I have learnt from her- how to communicate things in ways that can get the most amount of viewers, biggest reception of crowd whilst still being transgressive, experimental and speaks truth.

51 minutes ago, luluthecat said:

I’m so confused......what the hell is this all about??? Since when did M do an “appropriate” setlist? She never has and never will......you get what you’re given.....it’s Madonna. 

super bowl? obviously a different audience but similar set length.

1 hour ago, luluthecat said:

I’m so confused......what the hell is this all about??? Since when did M do an “appropriate” setlist? She never has and never will......you get what you’re given.....it’s Madonna. 

Live aid/Live 8/Live Earth

Superbowl

6 hours ago, dcbyebyebaby said:

Live aid/Live 8/Live Earth

Superbowl

Yes, and she got so much love in the UK for Live8. People were blown away about how good she was.

Superbowl was another example of getting it just right. And GMAYL was squeezed in too and worked well 

But there we go. 🤷