Madonna @ NYC pride - CONFIRMED !

Just now, Jazzy Jan said:

I love the puppies !  :lol:

Well, they are far safer for work, I can tell you. Because I just came back to work and opened this thread and bam! On Ma Face! 

4 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Why do we have to know what she is performing ?   Do people not want to get surprised ?  

Honestly in this case..no. I'm glad I'll at least be prepared for the meltdowns. Imagine us expecting she'll do a great setlist, just to get american life, future, and I rise.The forum would collapse.

The saddest thing about this forum at the moment is that it's actively starting to ruin the experience of a new madonna era.

i appreciate we all have opinions but acting like her career is about to end over something no-one's seen or had any confirmation over is just the height of obnoxious drama seeking. Logging on here at the moment is really unpleasant and she's just released her best album in years, something's off.

2 minutes ago, Carey said:

The saddest thing about this forum at the moment is that it's actively starting to ruin the experience of a new madonna era.

i appreciate we all have opinions but acting like her career is about to end over something no-one's seen or had any confirmation over is just the height of obnoxious drama seeking. 

honey we are all streaming Madame X and living for it. You should go do the same cause the UK are FLOPS this era

But the bitch is about to potentially fuck up PRIDE

1 minute ago, Stephen said:

honey we are all streaming Madame X and living for it. You should go do the same cause the UK are FLOPS this era

But the bitch is about to potentially fuck up PRIDE

i've been doing! 😂😂

and yeah fair enough, but maybe lets wait and see if she actually does rather than spend two weeks ruminating in the pits of despair? it's just a lot every single day.

1 minute ago, Carey said:

i've been doing! 😂😂

and yeah fair enough, but maybe lets wait and see if she actually does rather than spend two weeks ruminating in the pits of despair? it's just a lot every single day.

its....its jsut that...its PRIDE!!!!!!!!! Like and MADONNA AT PRIDE. 

She is going to get DRAGGED to HELL if she does this set list. 

1 minute ago, Stephen said:

its....its jsut that...its PRIDE!!!!!!!!! Like and MADONNA AT PRIDE. 

She is going to get DRAGGED to HELL if she does this set list. 

Get prepared then lol cause she about to get dragged hard. It's exhausting, head shaking, pretty inspiring, totally bizarre. Like you said she could easily phone this one in and please everyone. But she's going in to battle instead. She's stubborn, uncompromising, and committed to making her statement. It may cost her album and ticket sales, it may bring her an incredible amount of hate and vitriol, but here she goes anyway. She doesn't like being told what to do, and if she is getting wind of all the moaning about this, she'll double down, she literally has zero fucks to give.

Wtf she’s doing AL? That’s so mental and wacko but exciting!

I’ll take AL over LAP, hopefully they made a new arrangement and cools props, it makes sense that leads to Future, then the other two.

Everyone knows AL so it’s fine.

2 minutes ago, Iconic Fetus said:

Wtf she’s doing AL? That’s so mental and wacko but exciting!

I’ll take AL over LAP, hopefully they made a new arrangement and cools props, it makes sense that leads to Future, then the other two.

Everyone knows AL so it’s fine.

Imagine a sea of gays all chanting the AL rap! "I'm drinking a soy latte, I get a double shot-te..." omg I'm getting chilllllls But this makes me want her to do God Control even more because it's such a clear sequel to AL esp the rap haha

Maybe AL will be received the way it should’ve been all those years ago. She may be such a genius that the crowd will go wild and she’ll be like “exactly motherfuckers!!! About time you caught up with me!” Lmfao I can see that happening. I just, at the very least, wish she sang 2-3 more songs. That’s my biggest complaint. But again, idk what she’s doing or in what fashion so maybe she’ll blow us away! 

Just now, MichaelDieker said:

Imagine a sea of gays all chanting the AL rap! "I'm drinking a soy latte, I get a double shot-te..." omg I'm getting chilllllls But this makes me want her to do God Control even more because it's such a clear sequel to AL esp the rap haha

Yeah I would love GC

I've had time to mull this over and I have mixed feelings.

On paper, the choices are very WTF but truly, we have no idea how she's going to present these songs.

Part me finds it admirable that Madame X is so many things......one thing she doesn't seem to want to be though is a "pop star".....I kind of dig that. Perhaps though, she should choose outlets more suitable for that mentality. Attack me all you want but as time has gone one, I absolutely LOVE the Eurovision performance. Even more now that the album is out. Although, that outlet MAY not have been the best for that type of performance. If we'd seen that very same performance on one of her tours, would many here have hated it as much as they did?? Wasn't too far off from Met and everyone was drooling over that! 🤷‍♂️

For 10 yrs a lot of fans have wanted her to completely eschew the pop star thing....and just do her....fuck being commercial and all that....release Gang Bang and FF instead of GGW and TUTR kind of thing......well, looks like we got that now but we ain't all as ready for it as we thought I guess!! 😬

20 minutes ago, Mensch said:

Maybe AL will be received the way it should’ve been all those years ago. She may be such a genius that the crowd will go wild and she’ll be like “exactly motherfuckers!!! About time you caught up with me!” Lmfao I can see that happening. I just, at the very least, wish she sang 2-3 more songs. That’s my biggest complaint. But again, idk what she’s doing or in what fashion so maybe she’ll blow us away! 

Is AL definitely confirmed? CHRIST ON A BIKE someone needs to have a word with her.

1 hour ago, Rugbyguy said:

This forum is an embarrassment 

Yes, exactly.

Somehere want a Cher / Kylie act of what ?

AL is a great choice.

I'm not too crazy about AL or Future for Pride. I can live with I Rise although I don't think it adds much value to Madame X.

But.

People who are saying she should do a string of fun hits because Pride is a celebration and a party are forgetting something.

Pride may be a party now but deep down it's a political protest. No matter how much fabulous, champagne-fueled fun people have there now, Pride is, at its core, a demostration against the establishment and a cry for freedom. There is still a lot of work to do until LGBTQI+ people have reached equality, and the fight goes on. That's what the Pride movement is all about, to this day, behind its glittery surface. 

So for a Stonewall ambassador to choose political, even angsty songs for the setlist is perfectly in tune with the event, especially considering that Stonewall happened 50 years ago. 

Whether the songs she chose serve this purpose well is another story.

Edited by Foolio

1 minute ago, Foolio said:

I'm not too crazy about AL or Future for Pride. I can live with I Rise although I don't think it adds much value to Madame X.

But.

People who are saying she should do a string of fun hits because Pride is a celebration and a party are forgetting something.

Pride may be a party but deep down it's a political protest. No matter how much fun people have there, Pride is, at its core, a demostration against the establishment and a cry for freedom. 

So for a Stonewall ambassador to choose political, even angsty songs for the setlist is perfectly in tune with the event, especially considering that Stonewall was 50 years ago. 

true but like...

she gonna get dragged

I assume she sees this and thinks she's down with the kids. 

People saying that they don't want a frothy Kylie type performance and it's not Madonna's interpretation of pride need to remember is a 50th anniversary. It should be a celebration, upbeat and fun.

You don't go to a birthday party to remind people they are a year closer to death. You go celebrate the positive and remember the good times.

Medellin was all over the internet and people loved it. If she'd continued with that and done an upbeat ESC she could easily have picked up a few thousand more sales.

She fucked it up. Pride isn't looking good either. 

I wish she would take a bloody pill and cheer up.

7 minutes ago, jonski43 said:

You don't go to a birthday party to remind people they are a year closer to death. You go celebrate the positive and remember the good times.

BOOM. Yall are dropping some good ones today.

This and;

I fell in love with the greatest entertainer on earth and not Che Guevara

are outright gems. 

27 minutes ago, Selena said:

Is this for pride show?

Screenshot_20190619-195514.jpg

She's # prideanthem so assume yes. I'm sure this will be a poignant moment at the event though.

Right before a storming 10 minute version of Vogue! 😁

What about at pride a mixture of some her political points of view along with some joyous music. There's a point when activism feels narcissistic and toxic and people who would be open to your message get turned off by having it shoved in their faces. 

I do think it will all turn out amazing at the end even though too many of recent appearances have been received negatively.