Madonna @ NYC pride - CONFIRMED !

3 hours ago, Crystal Coffin said:

Doesn't pander, doesn't live for the applauses, doesn't want to be liked, yes we get it. So remember to not complain at all about any negative reviews that come into our sight. 

I agree...this is getting so annoying. Oh well.

Just now, Confessit said:

This thread has been so fast I missed that info !!

Now I understand the frustration.

Out of all Madame Xs great songs she is performing those 2? They are hardly among the albums best. That's disappointing.

But she had that week long workshop earlier this month.....obviously mainly for the tour then. 

Lol yes we have been in meltdown mode for 2 hours because of the "reveal".   

So many better tracks to choose from.

1 minute ago, Confessit said:

This thread has been so fast I missed that info !!

Now I understand the frustration.

Out of all Madame Xs great songs she is performing those 2? They are hardly among the albums best. That's disappointing.

But she had that week long workshop earlier this month.....obviously mainly for the tour then. 

Welcome to the frustation group haha :kiss2:

1 minute ago, dcbyebyebaby said:

Lol yes we have been in meltdown mode for 2 hours because of the "reveal".   

So many better tracks to choose from.

Just now, lautert said:

Welcome to the frustation group haha :kiss2:

Oh lovers now I get it!!! For the love of all that's holy Madonna !!!!

1 hour ago, ratzuo said:

Ugh. I'd be as happy as the next gay if she did God Control, Deeper And Deeper, Medellin and Into The Groove but she isn't, so what can you do?

What gets REALLY tiring is the fact there is ALWAYS something to bitch about. There's always this fucking negativity permeating every choice she makes, from "her clothes are too black", to "her hair is so boring", "why is she taking so long to record" and now "I hate this setlist, they're gonna boo her off stage!!!".

It's not been one week since Madame X was released and everyone was praising it to high heavens, but all of a sudden everyone is questioning her reasoning and her skills as a live performer (!), just because of a less-than-stellar performance at ESC and now because of a meh setlist.

Is it so hard to see the good instead of ALWAYS focusing on the negative? We're getting a performance at Pride AND a new video in less than two weeks time, ffs.

🙏🏼 

I’m laughing and my eyes have rolled so far up they will flip shortly! Some of these posts...Madonna hasn’t lost the ability to do anything. She simply isn’t doing what her hordes of backseat managing fans feel would either benefit her or them better...and that’s a whole lotta opinions pulled out of a whole lotta asses that she honestly clearly has no time for. You’re finding commonality in her making poor choices, and yet aside from some inexplicable hatred for Future, which is an amazing track and has universality to it through the language of reggae and a message of hope and awakening, you’d be tricky as advisers because you all want different things! 😝 Like A Prayer is a bore. The Save The Planet Leo DiCaprio show is a good template. She only wants to sing the bad songs from her brilliant new album. 🥴🥴🥴

I’d never assume I know better than the most successful pop star of all time how the game is played. We don’t know, and in truth, how can she either? The landscape is so impossible to map out at this point. There are no precedents! She has this massive fame and legacy, she wants to keep challenging herself creatively, and yet everyone wants to stick her in the legacy artist box. It’s literally The antithesis of her artistry! 

Maybe it’s the Pitchfork review that has made its way into the collective conscience? I’m sensing a lot of revisionist opinions will follow not too far down the road claiming that Madame X wasn’t really that good after all. 

Just now, Herfaceremains said:

🙏🏼 

I’m laughing and my eyes have rolled so far up they will flip shortly! Some of these posts...Madonna hasn’t lost the ability to do anything. She simply isn’t doing what her hordes of backseat managing fans feel would either benefit her or them better...and that’s a whole lotta opinions pulled out of a whole lotta asses that she honestly clearly has no time for. You’re finding commonality in her making poor choices, and yet aside from some inexplicable hatred for Future, which is an amazing track and has universality to it through the language of reggae and a message of hope and awakening, you’d be tricky as advisers because you all want different things! 😝 Like A Prayer is a bore. The Save The Planet Leo DiCaprio show is a good template. She only wants to sing the bad songs from her brilliant new album. 🥴🥴🥴

I’d never assume I know better than the most successful pop star of all time how the game is played. We don’t know, and in truth, how can she either? The landscape is so impossible to map out at this point. There are no precedents! She has this massive fame and legacy, she wants to keep challenging herself creatively, and yet everyone wants to stick her in the legacy artist box. It’s literally The antithesis of her artistry! 

Maybe it’s the Pitchfork review that has made its way into the collective conscience? I’m sensing a lot of revisionist opinions will follow not too far down the road claiming that Madame X wasn’t really that good after all. 

No, MX IS GOOD. That’s why we are fucking pissed.

Just now, Sloane said:

If this Quavo is a homophobe I doubt she could convince him to play Pride.

He was probably too high to understand the e-mail she sent him asking him to go.

5 minutes ago, Herfaceremains said:

🙏🏼 

Yes to this. 

Omg All people wanna do is bitch and moan lately.  I’m happy she’s performing.  Do I want Future? No. I mean she can bring maluma or Anita and blow the house down.  But it’s Madonna she always does what she wants.  Just happy she’ll be at pride. My dream pride set list would be

Hung up 

faz Gostoso with Anitta 

vogue 

Physical Attraction.  

13 minutes ago, MrK1ngB33 said:

Omg All people wanna do is bitch and moan lately.  I’m happy she’s performing.  Do I want Future? No. I mean she can bring maluma or Anita and blow the house down.  But it’s Madonna she always does what she wants.  Just happy she’ll be at pride. My dream pride set list would be

Hung up 

faz Gostoso with Anitta 

vogue 

Physical Attraction.  

YES! This would be an amazing set list for Pride.

Just now, Mensch said:

I love her but 4 songs is like 30 min...every other performer does 6-8 songs or even a full 1hr40min set ...idk it’s just underwhelming 

Well I hope you said something even if it won’t make much difference 

2 minutes ago, Mensch said:

I love her but 4 songs is like 30 min...every other performer does 6-8 songs or even a full 1hr40min set ...idk it’s just underwhelming 

Because she is beginning to take it easy with the live performances from now on. And how would she do a set of 1hr 40 min? She needs to rehearse and rehearse for such a big set. 

If she sings LAP with Future, it would be already rehearsed from Eurovision and she just needed to create 2 songs-set from Eurovision To Pride. Then 2 full months for the tour (from which Medellin, LAP, Future, I Rise, the other oldie from Pride are already rehearsed). 

The audience is gonna shit talk her all the way out of the venue...we can be 10000000000% sure about that. I wish it weren’t the case but it is what it is...

Just now, zephyralexxx said:

Because she is beginning to take it easy with the live performances from now on. And how would she do a set of 1hr 40 min? She needs to rehearse and rehearse for such a big set. 

If she sings LAP with Future, it would be already rehearsed from Eurovision and she just needed to create 2 songs-set from Eurovision To Pride. Then 2 full months for the tour (from which Medellin, LAP, Future, I Rise, the other oldie from Pride are already rehearsed). 

She’s not singing LAP ...yes she’s slowing down...Kylie did a 100 min set, beautifully

Also, grace is likely gonna give everyone her 2 hour incredible show the night before... it’s just gonna further alienate M from her audience but I guess we’ll see 

Just now, Mensch said:

Also, grace is likely gonna give everyone her 2 hour incredible show the night before... it’s just gonna further alienate M from her audience but I guess we’ll see 

Oh so it just gets worse. Lmfao

sticking up for Madonna is exhausting.

Jesus, people. M. did 4 songs at live Earth and it was almost 30 minutes long and amazing despite Hey You. 

Calm the fuck down. 

Mensch- I don't recall Janet J. and Whitney H., doing that many songs the years they performed? Cher did just three, but Deborah Cox also performed a handful, from what I remember. And the two of them were majorly spaced out.

Not surprised at all if it's just four songs- more than five would have been a surprise, even if she is the only one performing that day.

1 minute ago, Mozo1 said:

Jesus, people. M. did 4 songs at live Earth and it was almost 30 minutes long and amazing despite Hey You. 

Calm the fuck down. 

Yes, but what songs... with Hung Up already a classic in 2007. Not Future with Quavo and I Rise. 😁

if she does it, it's not the best decision but some people here are acting like it'll kill her career if she does future again lmao.

perspective doesn't hurt once in a while, it's just a performance.