Madonna @ NYC pride - CONFIRMED !

I dont think she cares a bout performing in live shows/awards anymore.

Dont know why she was even booked on this if ishes not willing to at least make it a promo tour show.

This would have been perfect

7 minutes ago, Starman said:

Dont know why she was even booked on this if ishes not willing to at least make it a promo tour show.

She obviously still cares she went to the Billboard Awards.

I think it's to early to write it off yet she has never ever played PRIDE this is a significant moment in time she knows she is the biggest living gay icon and this the first time she has ever embraced PRIDE/perform at the event so I can't imagine for a second they'll be no effort going into it. 

1 minute ago, Confessit said:

She obviously still cares she went to the Billboard Awards and she's going to the iTunes Radio awards.

I think it's to early to write it off yet she has never ever played PRIDE this is a significant moment in time she knows she is the biggest living gay icon and this the first time she has ever embraced PRIDE/perform at the event so I can't imagine for a second they'll be no effort going into it. 

iTunes radio awards?

3 minutes ago, Starman said:

This would have been perfect

I think the opposite. She loves performing. She’s just lost her ability to read the room as someone else said.

i love hearing her new music live. But she has 13 or 15 songs (depending on which version of MX you consider the real album) to choose from  to perform a cute set. She chooses one song that went down like a lead balloon on Europe’s biggest tv event of the year, and another that sounds like a forgettable Rebel Heart album track.

it defies logic like I said. She’s not stupid either. She knows other songs would make a way bigger splash. That’s why she was dancing to I Don’t Search on her instagram a few days ago. To a very warm reception I might add. 

I heart radio show I meant sorry. 

Ohh but this one it's only one interview, she won't be performing any song there

Ohh indeed she is !

Ohh so was it confirmed that she's performing? 

If yes, great, because she really needs to present the album to the GP

Just now, lautert said:

Ohh so was it confirmed that she's performing? 

If yes, great, because she really needs to present the album to the GP

No it's just a Q&A 

17 minutes ago, Ai Papi Si. said:

I think the opposite. She loves performing. She’s just lost her ability to read the room as someone else said.

i love hearing her new music live. But she has 13 or 15 songs (depending on which version of MX you consider the real album) to choose from  to perform a cute set. She chooses one song that went down like a lead balloon on Europe’s biggest tv event of the year, and another that sounds like a forgettable Rebel Heart album track.

it defies logic like I said. She’s not stupid either. She knows other songs would make a way bigger splash. That’s why she was dancing to I Don’t Search on her instagram a few days ago. To a very warm reception I might add. 

well im sure quite a few passed the album and tix coz eurovision

it was like anti-promo 😂

not worried about pride thou, I Rise is perfect for it and Future probably goes better in States anyway

I guess I’m not worried either since pride is way lower stakes. But it feels like (YET AGAIN) another missed opportunity. I wanted something to be excited about. The god control video is going be brilliant but we’re gonna have to weather yet another storm of crap when that comes out. Would be nice to have something truly pure to brag about 

According to a dutch news paper interview she thought euro performance was great so why not for pride😁

I just hope this time there will be back up singers to support her . This event can't turn into a total meltdown afterward too

2 minutes ago, Flip The Switch said:

Ideal setlist:

01. Like a Prayer

02. Vogue

03. Future

04. I Don’t Search I Find

Only 4 songs? Feels light I'd love Like a Prayer and Vogue but I don't think we will get both and Vogue surly is a cert it's a gay anthem after all. 

I was thinking at least 6 songs and 45 minutes in stage with a speech half way through ?

1 hour ago, boy skeffington said:

“I am so disappointed in Madonna’s creative decisions. I should be the artistic director. Then she would be so popular.”

MADONNA doesn’t care. She’s doing her. 

In the official announcement, they even used the word BRIEF I think because it has always been four songs and she’s not cutting it short or shortchanging anyone. You know that’s the default outrage...”why not a full 2 hour concert🙄

She’ll get bashed no matter what she does so why bother pandering. The fans bash hardest with the unfulfilled expectations.

also, Future is a bop

Yes and yes to this

4 minutes ago, Ai Papi Si. said:

Like why? Why can’t it just be an album track and leave it at that? Christ 

I wonder if it's because her two little kids like it - honestly I wouldn't be surprised if that's why she performs this. 

It is by  far my least favourite song on MADEMOISELLE X

Just now, Monsieur X said:

I wonder if it's because her two little kids like it - honestly I wouldn't be surprised if that's why she performs this. 

Stop listening to fucking 5 year olds Madonna I swear 

you’ve finally made a really progressive, cutting edge album that only a WOMAN could make

i wish she’d stop playing around like this

12 minutes ago, Confessit said:

Only 4 songs? Feels light I'd love Like a Prayer and Vogue but I don't think we will get both and Vogue surly is a cert it's a gay anthem after all. 

I was thinking at least 6 songs and 45 minutes in stage with a speech half way through ?

Mensch said I Rise, Future, and two classics.  She mentioned in an interview that she would probably do Vogue at Pride. So that leaves one song. Probs Like a Prayer.

5 minutes ago, Monsieur X said:

All of this, I genuinely love/enjoy every song except Future. I actually wouldn't be that mad if Future is performed as long as it's without homophobic Quavo. She can definitely do it solo if she wants. 

Just now, dcbyebyebaby said:

Mensch said I Rise, Future, and two classics.  She mentioned in an interview that she would probably do Vogue at Pride. So that leaves one song. Probs Like a Prayer.

This thread has been so fast I missed that info !!

Now I understand the frustration.

Out of all Madame Xs great songs she is performing those 2? They are hardly among the albums best. That's disappointing.

But she had that week long workshop earlier this month.....obviously mainly for the tour then. 

Future AGAIN? And at PRIDE? 

giphy.gif

If that ends up being the setlist hopefully the show isn’t officially streamed and broadcast massively to the public. 

2 minutes ago, Ugly Hecty said:

All of this, I genuinely love/enjoy every song except Future. I actually wouldn't be that mad if Future is performed as long as it's without homophobic Quavo. She can definitely do it solo if she wants. 

Even her performances require a bloody feature with her these days. 

It will be a seriously sad fucking day if she takes Quavo to PRIDE. She's playing 4 songs at her first and perhaps only ever appearance at a pride event and she gives a quarter of it to him.