Madonna @ NYC pride - CONFIRMED !

As much as I hate rushing to judgement, I feel like the short set list she did at Stonewall might even be a better idea than this rumoured one.   

4 minutes ago, boy skeffington said:

She sang Love Makes The World Go Round 🤷🏻‍♂️.

Well in the 80s people didnt see LMTWGR as a bad song. Times change and songs become dated. It works for some songs and not for others.

Just now, boy skeffington said:

I think if someone said, “M you need to rethink what you are performing to make it more digestible, popular, less divisive..” her response would be ...”f*ck off I am not interested in your opinion of my show”

That’s literally been Madonna since 1983-I think she won’t change. I understand it makes her unpopular and it’s head scratching but that’s always been the way she is as an artist. 

Well sometimes art can be bad, and maybe you need ppl who understand you and your work to tell you that this ain’t it. Ppl have done this with her before and it has worked. Remember when she wanted to have black face for Hard Candy?

Artists need to be given proper feedback from trustworthy sources especially when they’re massive pop stars like Madonna. otherwise they just suck. Ppl will start saying Madonna sucks as a performer now, and we won’t have much recent material to point to to rebut it.

4 minutes ago, Crystal Coffin said:

FFS, you are ridiculous here. Out of 3 songs, two of them were amazing performances of HOLIDAY and INTO THE GROOVE. We have no reasons at all to bash Live Aid. 

I love it all no bashing from me. But how is the possibility of her performing Jimmy Jimmy different from LMTWGR from a popular perspective. It was a response. 

If she was aware of the altered vocals used on her Eurovision upload, she must at least know how that original performance went........And that also dispels the belief that she "doesn't care what people think." 

20 minutes ago, boy skeffington said:

And the “lazy” recycling of Hung Up choreo and props / ROL Confessions guitar performance would be additional outrage.  

I did not say anything about these two performances in my post that you quoted. I only talked about LIB. 

It's the same tactic you did with Nikki to prove a point, where you mentioned "Oh she did sing LMTWGR at Live Aid!".

It's all a desperate move to demonstrate that as if "She has always given people reasons to bash her right from the beginning!". 

3 minutes ago, karbatal said:

I think we Europeans got such a shock with Eurovision that I can't join the meltdown :lol:. I mean Eurovision was Pride multiplied by a thousand and we got raw  Casio keyboard. She clearly has another point of view as we do :chuckle:

Eurovision was horrible, I understand her message, but it was a completely bad decision if she wanted to promote the album. Imagine if she would have done God Control, they would have praised her a lot, probably Madonna X would have more pre-sales and she would not be struggling to get a number one album in many countries as she's doing now. 

Just look at SuperBowl, she delivered a nice performance with a message, and thanks to that MDNA tour was huge sucessful in North America. If she keeps going on with this not so good performances, it'll only get the general public away from her. 

1 minute ago, Crystal Coffin said:

She herself provided the reasons for fans (= people who actually GET her, not haters) to bitch. Especially recently.

Yes, I get it after this setlist, I actually might get a bit sick if she does LAP again. But it's just this negativity is never ending and about everything really; I mean, some fans bitch about the eyepatch, not as a performance prop (which indeed might be better if she didn't wear onstage) but as it being "gimmicky" according to some. Yeah, surely the leotard, the cowboy hats and good tooth weren't gimmicky, right? Oh, it's just it's 2019 Madonna we're talking about here. 🙄

maybe some people can let that Aaron makeup guy and that manager know. idk if it'll help but at least we can try. if we don't, there's no chance she will reconsider.

7 minutes ago, Ai Papi Si. said:

Well sometimes art can be bad, and maybe you need ppl who understand you and your work to tell you that this ain’t it. Ppl have done this with her before and it has worked. Remember when she wanted to have black face for Hard Candy?

Artists need to be given proper feedback from trustworthy sources especially when they’re massive pop stars like Madonna. otherwise they just suck. Ppl will start saying Madonna sucks as a performer now, and we won’t have much recent material to point to to rebut it.

She has always done art with her performances but in a way that at the same time she could deliver what the general public wants for her. It's jut lately that she seems disconected. 

1 minute ago, Nikki said:

maybe some people can let that Aaron makeup guy and that manager know. idk if it'll help but at least we can try. if we don't, there's no chance she wont reconsider.

You know nothing is going to change her mind no matter how much we complain on her IG or to Aaron, it's useless.

1 minute ago, Andra said:

You know nothing is going to change her mind no matter how much we complain on her IG or to Aaron, it's useless.

Well, there's still a chance. you never know. they just experienced Eurovision, that should be fresh in their minds.. 

People will be BORED by this setlist, not offended.   That's the difference.   I can see the latter making her perform it out of defiance and pushing people's buttons.   But I'm sure bored is not the reception she's aiming for.  She is still an entertainer. 

1 minute ago, Nikki said:

Well, there's still a chance. you never know. they just experienced Eurovision, that should be fresh in their minds.. 

Clearly not, given she's just about to do a repeat of it.

Just now, Andra said:

Clearly not, given she's just about to do a repeat of it.

well, im the kind of person who tries anyway, just in case.. otherwise I just get annoyed with myself for not at least giving it a chance..

by the way, what are the two oldies? or maybe just say one.. we can assume LAP MAY be there, but what's the other song? perhaps if she ends with hung up or vogue (predictable, but it works), it wont be so bad?

2 minutes ago, Andra said:

Yep. Don't even bother... This will make her more determined to perform these 2 songs. It is what it is. 

I am just a little surprise with the lack of promo. Those who are saying she gave so much this era, yes, it's true, but she didn't give exactly what it was needed. Anyway, I have a sad feeling she is more and more insecure performing live. 

55 minutes ago, Dr Lecter said:

......She’s making LAP boring 

We're about an hour and a half past that.

Much ado about... nothing more than a rumor right now. A rumor. No official confirmation yet.

A lot of you should step away from the wild wild web until Madame X tour starts.