Eurovision

3 minutes ago, vertigokane said:

She’s going to do 2 mins of LAP and then bust into a 13 minute set of Candy Shop (Hey You, Champagne Rose Grillz remix) with looping videos of the twins shouting and dancing and Mercy accompanying on the piano, and then close it out with a sales pitch for MDNA skin. 

🤣

2 minutes ago, Andra said:

That Like A Prayer original track ...listened to it so many times and yet it still SLAPS every time I hear it, damn..it's so fucking good.

The best version, if she had a great live band would sound out of this world.

Just now, ricardoanaya1102 said:

The MDNA Tour version of Like a Prayer was actually very good in my opinion. Something like that but with a live band would be just amazing

You mean the Immaculate Collection version? Lol

Omg this is EXACTLY what I've been dreaming about!! I LOVED the Met Gala performance and one of my first thoughts after first watching it last year was "This should be seen by much more people". Artistic performances with dramatic staging is something M completely excels at, so it's a GREAT decision to showcase that talent of hers in front of a large TV audience. Kudos to M!!! :thumbsup: She knows her audience.

Also, to the people who are disappointed it's a similar performance, keep in mind majority of the audience will have never seen the Met performance so to most it will be a new experience.

Oh and does anyone else think that kind of performance will probably mean LIVE singing? :wow: This is the other thing I've been really hoping for, as it would be a bit odd for M to lip-sync after 2 hours of (mainly) live singing. Crossing my fingers!

8 minutes ago, Nonoka said:

Oh and does anyone else think that kind of performance will probably mean LIVE singing? :wow: This is the other thing I've been really hoping for, as it would be a bit odd for M to lip-sync after 2 hours of (mainly) live singing. Crossing my fingers!

I really hope that M will be singing live.

Dana International's interval act in semifinal 1 was fully lipsynched, and it was painful to watch because the lipsynching was so obvious. 

2 minutes ago, Msig said:

I really hope that M will be singing live.

Dana International's interval act in semifinal 1 was fully lipsynched, and it was painful to watch because the lipsynching was so obvious. 

Please sing live Mx! 🙏🏽

38 minutes ago, vertigokane said:

She’s going to do 2 mins of LAP and then bust into a 13 minute set of Candy Shop (Hey You, Champagne Rose Grillz remix) with looping videos of the twins shouting and dancing and Mercy accompanying on the piano, and then close it out with a sales pitch for MDNA skin. 

Would be awesome imho!

1 minute ago, luluthecat said:

I don’t mind her lipsyncing as long as it’s to pre-recorded “live” vocals eg. Vogue RIT. It just looks wrong when she’s mouthing studio vocals. 

I mind her lip syncing at a singing competition. The press will LYNCH her. Hahaha.

Super excited about the performance, and the costuming looks brilliant.  I just hope she gives her new material sufficient air time too though, or it would be a wasted opportunity as far as promoting her new singles/upcoming album. 

7 hours ago, M_Sinner said:

Whaaaa... Kate...whooo? 😂 Kate is a contestant on ESC, Madonna is best selling female artist of all time and queen of pop.

giphy.gif

Mama is serving some Joan of Arc vibes

C’mon! 

Kate’s stage technique was used by Madonna’s dancers in last tour, Illuminati.

Nice presentation though.

i love that tons more people will see that MET GALA PERFECTION art piece!

just confused why perform Future and not the actual single Crave. but great promo none the less.

Do you think she will somehow directly mention the plight of the Palestinians like she did on the MDNA tour? I was wondering if a part of the contract negotiations was perhaps having to agree to avoid certain topics,etc. What if she went ahead and said something or did something anyway? She'd lose her booking fee perhaps but she'd definitely be talked about everywhere around the world and shut up the detractors. I just don't know what to think I don't really understand BDS entirely, I know it worked for south african apartheid and I'm super ignorant but the two situations aren't the same to me. Can anyone help educate me and think through this? I believe in Madonna the freedom fighter, and the artist who will NOT be shut up.

2 minutes ago, reQuiem4adream said:

So when is the performance and how can we watch it?

Saturday night. 

4 minutes ago, tuckeye said:

i love that tons more people will see that MET GALA PERFECTION art piece!

just confused why perform Future and not the actual single Crave. but great promo none the less.

I’m excited to see what kind of track Future is. I’m expecting a str8forward dancehall mid to uptempo dance song. Kind of like UB but with a more uplifting carefree message and feeling!!! 

53 minutes ago, dcbyebyebaby said:

Right. Any Madonna fan should not be confused on why she would repeat a performance.

Live Aid, Live 8, Live Earth.

Living for Love promo performances.

Hung Up promo performances. 

Confessions promo tour and Confessions tour

etc... 

she will change it up slightly like she always does. 

I've never know her to repeat herself at the beginning of an era for new music. Yes she will re-use the same routines for promo tours, then concerts and sometimes benefits, which is to be expected. This is all people are saying, it's not a criticism, it's just very unusual for her to reuse a performance from a year ago for a brand new era and new album. She usually has something completely brand new - you know like a virgin?

2 minutes ago, reQuiem4adream said:

So when is the performance and how can we watch it?

The show starts on Saturday at 9 p.m. CEST. 

It will be aired by several public TV stations around the world and streamed live on YouTube:

9 minutes ago, MichaelDieker said:

Do you think she will somehow directly mention the plight of the Palestinians like she did on the MDNA tour? I was wondering if a part of the contract negotiations was perhaps having to agree to avoid certain topics,etc. What if she went ahead and said something or did something anyway? She'd lose her booking fee perhaps but she'd definitely be talked about everywhere around the world and shut up the detractors. I just don't know what to think I don't really understand BDS entirely, I know it worked for south african apartheid and I'm super ignorant but the two situations aren't the same to me. Can anyone help educate me and think through this? I believe in Madonna the freedom fighter, and the artist who will NOT be shut up.

She won't be allowed to say or do anything that could be interpreted as promotion of any particular political agenda. 

As for the BDS movement, it aims to promote several types of boycott against the Israeli state until Israel 1) ends its occupation of all territories recognized as Palestinian under international law, 2) recognizes the fundamental rights ethnically Palestinians with Israeli citizenship, and 3) respects the right of Palestinian refugees to return to their original homes.

1 minute ago, Msig said:

She won't be allowed to say or do anything that could be interpreted as promotion of any particular political agenda. 

That’s for the contestants. 

Someone posted either a joke or a rumor earlier that she may say a poem. (I sorta hope it’s true) It doesnt have to be political in the literal sense.

20 minutes ago, Danmacevents said:

I mind her lip syncing at a singing competition. The press will LYNCH her. Hahaha.

They’ll lynch her regardless! They’ll go for her even more if she’s does her crow or nervous voice.