Eurovision

I am still curious to find out what she'll perform at Eurovision. Particularly, because I think both Medellin and Crave have very particular markets to target, so what song would she present to European audiences? Or maybe she'll just push Crave/Medellin as well over there? 

2 hours ago, Bette Davis Dub said:

It seems Madonna and the EBU / ESC organizers are still fighting over the distribution rights.

oh ok. I guess we will know on Wednesday then.

1 hour ago, Jairo said:

If she's performing for 12-15 minutes, this will be bigger than Super Bowl. And if that's true, there's no way she will sing only new songs in front of her biggest broadcasted audience ever (200 million viewers + the people will only turn on the TV and YouTube to watch her).

She needs a performance like the Superbowl and I'm pretty sure they're rehearsing for that. Performing new songs are really good, but she needs also an iconic hit for her catalogue. 

Needless to say, I think all this drama about her not signing a contract is to build up expectations about her performance. She's doing it and show will rock it.

I'm starting to think this too. Maybe she's wanting to keep people wondering or guessing as part of the illusion/magic/mysteriousness of "MadameX"? Whatever the case, I can't wait to see.  Go Madonna!! 👸🏼👸🏼💃💃✨💫❤️🦋☀️

53 minutes ago, Voguerista said:

I'm starting to think this too. Maybe she's wanting to keep people wondering or guessing as part of the illusion/magic/mysteriousness of "MadameX"? Whatever the case, I can't wait to see.  Go Madonna!! 👸🏼👸🏼💃💃✨💫❤️🦋☀️

E00735F0-90CD-4D99-9299-EB2A6F784E65.gif

I remember right after the Billboard performance, it appeared on Billboard's YouTube channel but only for a few hours. It was pulled down and uploaded to Madonna's channel. I'm thinking she wants to do the same thing with the Eurovision performance. I can see them pushing back on that.

4 minutes ago, frzndrwnwrld said:

I remember right after the Billboard performance, it appeared on Billboard's YouTube channel but only for a few hours. It was pulled down and uploaded to Madonna's channel. I'm thinking she wants to do the same thing with the Eurovision performance. I can see them pushing back on that.

Why? She would want an exposure of Future.

6 minutes ago, elijah said:

Why? She would want an exposure of Future.

Yes, I think if they refuse to give up the rights of the performance, she should do it anyway. It's great promo. But let's be fair, she's used to getting her way.

Strange all this....I really can’t believe this situation. The statement from the official man 4 days prior to the event “if not contract signed, she won’t perform”, it makes no sense in the whole picture of the Eurovision, it’s too late for them to get prepared/rehearsed for the plan B....they need something to happen on that stage in those 15 min....they can’t just improvise if “she won’t sign”.....

Otherwise said, for me she will definitely be there it’s something already settled by contacts. 

What i found as well wired, the official man has not called her by her name, but either “she” or “the artist”...and his statement was more like explaining (in a very common sense style) a “general” rule....

11 minutes ago, justinian said:

Strange all this....I really can’t believe this situation. The statement from the official man 4 days prior to the event “if not contract signed, she won’t perform”, it makes no sense in the whole picture of the Eurovision, it’s too late for them to get prepared/rehearsed for the plan B....they need something to happen on that stage in those 15 min....they can’t just improvise if “she won’t sign”.....

Otherwise said, for me she will definitely be there it’s something already settled by contacts. 

What i found as well wired, the official man has not called her by her name, but either “she” or “the artist”...and his statement was more like explaining (in a very common sense style) a “general” rule....

EBU has even a Plan B for the location. They can not play with fire. In fact hey have a PlanB for everything.

2 minutes ago, Ladyplus said:

EBU has even a Plan B for the location. They can not play with fire. In fact hey have a PlanB for everything.

It must then cost them a fortune....😂

46 minutes ago, frzndrwnwrld said:

It was on NBC’s YouTube channel. They had an exclusive for some hours and it was only viewable to U.S. based YouTube viewers. NBC did that with all the performances and most of the artists then uploaded the performances on their respective channels. 

9 minutes ago, Ven Conmigo said:

It was on NBC’s YouTube channel. They had an exclusive for some hours and it was only viewable to U.S. based YouTube viewers. NBC did that with all the performances and most of the artists then uploaded the performances on their respective channels. 

Ok! Thanks for the info.

1 hour ago, justinian said:

He did say Madonna!

If it's about rights, EBU is VERY VERY draconian. Madonna will have to give in. That's why that man was using the dry and  arrogant language: they've been doing that to artists for decades. 

Madonna: I'll never stop playing music to suit someone's political agenda
By REUTERS

LOS ANGELES - Pop superstar Madonna on Tuesday explained her decision to perform at the Eurovision Song Contest in Israel this week, saying that she will always speak up to defend human rights and hopes to see "a new path toward peace."

Madonna will make a guest appearance on Saturday during the Eurovision finals in Tel Aviv. The venue has prompted calls for a boycott by pro-Palestinian activists who want companies, performers and governments to disengage from Israel.

The popular Eurovision competition features musicians from more than 40 nations and was watched last year by some 189 million viewers in around 50 European countries.

In her first comment on her decision to sing at the event, Madonna said she was a supporter of all human rights.

"My heart breaks every time I hear about the innocent lives that are lost in this region and the violence that is so often perpetuated to suit the political goals of people who benefit from this ancient conflict. I hope and pray that we will soon break free from this terrible cycle of destruction and create a new path towards peace," she added.

Israel is hosting the Eurovision contest after local singer Netta Barzilai won last year. The winning country customarily hosts the following year.

The singer's Ray of Light foundation, which promotes social justice and women's empowerment worldwide, supports a number of Palestinian projects.

They include funding teachers' salaries at schools in the Gaza Strip through the United Nations Palestinian Refugee Agency UNRWA and micro loans to female farmers through the Palestine Fair Trade Association. The foundation also supports Americans for Peace Now, which campaigns for a diplomatic solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.

Israel has launched a PR campaign to counter calls for a boycott of the Eurovision contest by the international Boycott, Divestment, Sanctions (BDS) movement. Security has been tight in Tel Aviv amid fears that activists may seek to disrupt the competition.

Tony Villanueva, Madonna’s chief dresser on tour (and for many high profile performances), posted something on IG that insinuated Madame X was headed there.

Madonna Eurovision performance in doubt

Madonna's performance at the Eurovision Song Contest has been thrown into doubt by organisers, who say she has yet to sign a contract for the show.

Speaking on Monday, Eurovision's executive supervisor Jon Ola Sand said: "The European Broadcasting Union has never confirmed Madonna as an act."

He continued: "If we do not have a signed contract she cannot perform on our stage."

The contest takes place in Tel Aviv in Israel on 18 May.

Madonna's appearance was announced by her US and UK publicists in April.

Eurovision organisers downplayed the story at the time, saying "no final decisions" had been made - although this appeared to be a formality.

But Sand, who has produced the contest since 2010, said on Monday that negotiations were still underway.

"We are in a situation now that is a bit strange," he said.

"We have an artist who would like to participate in the Eurovision Song Contest, and who we would love to welcome on that stage. But for that we need to have the framework secured.

"We are negotiating now, in the final stage of that - but if there is no signed contract this week, she will not be on the stage."

According to the Jerusalem Post, Madonna will arrive in Tel Aviv to start rehearsals on Wednesday.

It is not clear how Eurovision would fill the half-time show were her appearance to be cancelled.

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-48265290

Love this part of the article. Those who love to engage in social media with haters can paste it:

The singer's Ray of Light foundation, which promotes social justice and women's empowerment worldwide, supports a number of Palestinian projects.

They include funding teachers' salaries at schools in the Gaza Strip through the United Nations Palestinian Refugee Agency UNRWA and micro loans to female farmers through the Palestine Fair Trade Association. The foundation also supports Americans for Peace Now, which campaigns for a diplomatic solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.

Do we know for sure how much time she has on stage?  If it is true that she has 15 minutes for her performance? If that is the case,  why would she only do 2 songs??? How many songs did Justin Timberlake do? 

1 minute ago, CalinB said:

Do we know for sure how much time she has on stage?  If it is true that she has 15 minutes for her performance? If that is the case,  why would she only do 2 songs??? How many songs did Justin Timberlake do? 

He did only 1 song as long as I remember.