"Crave" thread. Official video out TODAY!

I made a mock picture disc for crave...this era is REALLY lacking physical releases so far. Yes people don't buy them in droves but a limited edition would help especially since this fan base loves them. I'm hoping for some killer mixes as well!

IMG_20190514_163345_411.jpg

1 minute ago, Showdown said:

I made a mock picture disc for crave...this era is REALLY lacking physical releases so far. Yes people don't buy them in droves but a limited edition would help especially since this fan base loves them. I'm hoping for some killer mixes as well!

Beautiful. I love this!!

59 minutes ago, Showdown said:

This is so good, I want it! I would settle for a cd maxi single like the olden days though. You should have that design pressed yourself and sell them for $$$.

2 hours ago, systemvalues said:

Why don't you call her? I mean you could save her little career.. she's just starting and she can make mistakes. 😋

Don't get me wrong but let's face it, if she doesn't sing CRAVE in Eurovision, the music video is not going to do much for the song in terms of charts (spotify/itunes/billboard).

Just now, madmex said:

Don't get me wrong but let's face it, if she doesn't sing CRAVE in Eurovision, the music video is not going to do much for the song in terms of charts (spotify/itunes/billboard).

But who cares? Its not like a Eurovision performance ensures a smash single. Im pretty sure the song she sings will go up the itunes chart and then fall. She just wants to sell tour tickets and have people hear the different songs off the album.

3 minutes ago, madmex said:

Your answer makes me think she really needs your advice at this point. 

2 minutes ago, systemvalues said:

Your answer makes me think she really needs your advice at this point. 

haha I love your sarcasm but guess what? maybe!  =p

Let's see what happens. 😉

Edited by madmex

2 minutes ago, madmex said:

haha I love your sarcasm but guess what? maybe!  =p

Let's see what happens. 😉

Yes, let's see what happens, but Crave is not rubbish. 😉

8 minutes ago, Ugly Hecty said:

A solo radio edit of Crave was also sent to AC/Hot AC radio stations as well that goes up to 2:32. Hopefully that leaks soon!

Hope they don’t ax the bridge - one of her best ever 

10 minutes ago, Ugly Hecty said:

A solo radio edit of Crave was also sent to AC/Hot AC radio stations as well that goes up to 2:32. Hopefully that leaks soon!

Is this is serious? The length is damn fine and it feels kinda short...2:32?! Yikes. 

4 minutes ago, luizotaviobarros said:

Hope they don’t ax the bridge - one of her best ever 

if it's a solo edit, it means they cut swae, not the bridge.

12 minutes ago, Ugly Hecty said:

Not sure how I feel about that, should have just left the song as is. 

(I’ve never been a fan of radio edits)

Just now, jjmor95 said:

Not sure how I feel about that, should have just left the song as is. 

(I’ve never been a fan of radio edits)

Yeah there is no reason to cut the song. It's short enough to begin withwith

11 minutes ago, Flip The Switch said:

Is this is serious? The length is damn fine and it feels kinda short...2:32?! Yikes. 

Hot AC stations usually cut out rap verses out of pop songs all the time. "Crave" will remain intact for pop and rhythmic stations, these are just for listeners that prefer to not have rap verses in their music, several pop songs have these types of "edits" just for Hot AC radio.

12 minutes ago, Ugly Hecty said:

Hot AC stations usually cut out rap verses out of pop songs all the time. "Crave" will remain intact for pop and rhythmic stations, these are just for listeners that prefer to not have rap verses in their music, several pop songs have these types of "edits" just for Hot AC radio.

It makes sense! Thanks. 👍🏻

19 minutes ago, Ugly Hecty said:

but Swae Lee’s part in the song isn’t even rap....

I am not sure why Madonna "fans' always want to eliminate the featured artists from her songs.  Personally, I prefer all of her songs in the precise way that she intended.  That is the only genuine manner to appreciate a Madonna track.  

Just found the Hot AC solo radio edit. It's nice. It flows nicely. Some of Swae's backing vocals are still in there but her bridge is still there too. 

https://www.allaccess.com/hot-modern-ac/cool-new-music

Edit: you might need an account to listen to this.

1 hour ago, Ugly Hecty said:

Remain intact? But according to All Access, it’s only impacting AC anyway, right? 

6 minutes ago, imakicola said:

Remain intact? But according to All Access, it’s only impacting AC anyway, right? 

They could push it to pop radio if it does well enough at Hot AC radio though. 

26 minutes ago, Ugly Hecty said:

They could push it to pop radio if it does well enough at Hot AC radio though. 

Oh? Is that how it works?

ok so if it does well on AC and gets really popular; why would top 40 stations play it just because they were alerted with an add date? I don’t really get what incentivizes radio stations to follow certain format add dates and not play things early but play things when the add date happens. 

Also would top 40 stations decide hey let’s play this month old song because AC played it a lot and now we have an add date to add this AC hit to our list?

Edited by imakicola

45 minutes ago, imakicola said:

Oh? Is that how it works?

ok so if it does well on AC and gets really popular; why would top 40 stations play it just because they were alerted with an add date? I don’t really get what incentivizes radio stations to follow certain format add dates and not play things early but play things when the add date happens. 

Also would top 40 stations decide hey let’s play this month old song because AC played it a lot and now we have an add date to add this AC hit to our list?

yeah, it usually works the other way. a big top 40 hit will be added to adult stations. are there any examples of it working the other way around?

12 hours ago, Gessi said:

Crave will impact US AC / Hot AC stations on May 20th, so I guess they're finally pushing it 🤗

https://www.allaccess.com/hot-modern-ac/future-releases

Finally, glad to see there will be a push!!! Great to see her in radio news update...

Madonna radio.JPG

12 hours ago, Mensch said:

My guess is video is coming tonight or tomorrow! 

I think the vide will be released in the morning my time, which is evening in Israel Wednesday.

Get your comments ready everyone!!

12 hours ago, iasonas said:

No photo description available.

How do you get this info?  Can you share with us the link 🙏