UPDATED: Rate the first songs released from Madame X in order

20 hours ago, Jim34 said:

Medellin - 9

I rise - 7

Crave  - 4

It took me a while to get Into Crave. After hearing it more than ten times it got me hooked. Now Crave - 8

Rise > Crave > Medellin

I hate her vocals on the "1, 2, 1, 2, 3" parts on the song they sound so rough. Maluma is also unnecessary. I love the shorted version without these parts though.

Rise is just perfect and Crave is nice, but I want to think the best is yet to come.

Medellin 10

Crave 10

I Rise 8

Medellin and Crave are equally strong songs though totally different and both have immense replay value - I never get tired to listen to them, they only get better with each listen. I Rise pales a little in comparison.

At the moment:

#1 - Crave

#2 - Medellín

#3 - I Rise

Not ready to rate the songs out of 10.

1 - Crave : I'm completely in love with this song but most of all with her voice and the way she sings... Such humanity and fragility

2 - Medellin : A very good song, very cleverly produced and built... I love the bridge and the chorus but the voice effects blocks me from being moved by the verses even though the lyrics are beautiful

3- I Rise : I think this song will make more sense once hearing the full album... If it was sang with the same intentions as Crave I would probably be addicted

Medellin 9/10 --> It's so fresh, catchy and original, a perfect combination of the best Madonna, Mirwais style and Maluma's charm. For me it's already a classic.

Crave 8'5/10 --> Really beautiful, a delicate and touching ballad. Sometimes less is more. Swae Lee is one of the best featurings she's ever had.

I Rise 6'5/10 --> It's a good song but not my type. I like the multi-layered chorus and overall good production. It's a fine way to end the album.

Edited by JohnnyUtah

Medellin 11/10 It is that damn good.  I love every single thing about this song.  This is an instant classic.  So complex and delicious.  An absolute delight.

Crave 9.5/10. The bridge gives me serious Justify My Love vibes.  Swae Lee is great on it and the two blend fantastically.  I love the mumble rap.  This song is exactly what a featured artist selection should be.  Perfection.  Would get a 10 if the lyrics were just a bit more clear.  It is just a little hard to understand what she is singing, here and there.  Still love this song.  

I Rise. 9/10.  Would get a 10 if it was longer.  It is a bit too short to be anthemic.  I also wish that she had included additional "speeches" to extend the message to other issues.  However, I love the lyrics and the autotune actually works for me.  Just wish that it was longer.  

Medellin 11/10 It is that damn good.  I love every single thing about this song.  This is an instant classic.  So complex and delicious.  An absolute delight.

Crave 9.5/10. The bridge gives me serious Justify My Love vibes.  Swae Lee is great on it and the two blend fantastically.  I love the mumble rap.  This song is exactly what a featured artist selection should be.  Perfection.  Would get a 10 if the lyrics were just a bit more clear.  It is just a little hard to understand what she is singing, here and there.  Still love this song.  

I Rise. 9/10.  Would get a 10 if it was longer.  It is a bit too short to be anthemic.  I also wish that she had included additional "speeches" to extend the message to other issues.  However, I love the lyrics and the autotune actually works for me.  Just wish that it was longer.  

Medellin_____6/10 (Video 10/10) that song gives me feeling like Maluma part is a paste copy on some cool Madonna solo demo song

I rise______5/10, 100% Madonna song, multi-layer vocal kills the vibe of the song, production try to imitates Mirwais past work and fails 

Crave_____8/10, best featuring in any Madonna collaboration, don't like that repeating;  rush, russssh, rushh, ...komm, komg, kong, love, luv, luuvvv!!!???? and if producers find better vocal ideas for that part the song will, for me be 10/10

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks

I must admit, all three didn't grab me right off.  Most definitely, they are growers, and I think "Crave" is so damn infectious.  I listen to that one the most of the three.  But compared to her catalog, these don't hold a candle to most of her iconic songs:

I Rise: 7/10  Interestingly enough, this song I like right off than the other two, but I listen to this the less.

Medellin: 8/10  It took a few listens before I got into this one, but it's great.  I think Maluma completes this song very much.  His parts grabbed me more than Madonna's. 

Crave: 9/10  I agree this is "pop perfection".  I love everything about this song.  Again, Swae Lee makes this song pop just as Madonna. 

I have a feeling these songs aren't even the best off the album.  But they are so darn fun to listen to, especially "Medellin" and "Crave". 

Edited by Amelia aka Neutrocks

Medellin 9/10 Song and Video

I Rise   7/10 Song

Crave 9/10 Song, with huge Streaming potential

Medellín - i absolutely adore this song. I have listened to it hundreds of times already and now have the remixes on repeat also

Crave - beautiful song - gorgeous

I Rise - good song, great last minute

On 5/10/2019 at 2:42 AM, rekha said:

1. Crave 10/10 Love her voice and the melody

2. Medellin 9/10 Something unexpected and new from her. The video is also amazing!

3. I Rise 8/10 I love the chorus. 

Extremely happy with all 3 releases thus far❤️❤️👍👍㊗️㊗️🎉🎉

this would be my vote exactly!

58 minutes ago, tuckeye said:

this would be my vote exactly!

Great minds... 😝😝

# 1 - Medellin (8/10)

# 2 - Crave (7/10)

# 3 - I Rise (6/10)

Like them all, much better than Living For Love or Bitch I`m Madonna...

Guest Future feat Quavo

1. Crave (9/10)

2. Medellín (8.5/10)

3. I Rise (6/10)

1. Medellín (10/10) - Atypical song and song structure and the structure/production are incredible...such a grower.

2. Crave (9/10) - Love the singing, mellowness and Swae Lee is also a genius (Swaecation is excellent)

3. I Rise (8/10) - The more I've listened the more I like it, but feels more like an album track to me, still great and I look forward to hearing it in the context of the full album.