"Crave" thread

6 minutes ago, Martin B. said:

I love how this song once it has managed to get into your head, it does not want to leave it. I have listened to it at least 25 times since this morning, which has not happened to me with a new Madonna song in a long time.

Agreed 100%!!!!

25 minutes ago, ketchup said:

Doesn’t it seem like the theme she’s been building has just gone away in effort to have a mainstream hit? I don’t see “Madame X” in this at all. Even the cover art looks a bit slapped together when everything else up to this point has been extremely well art directed. 

I do think the song is good and catchy but it leaves me feeling a bit empty. Medellin took me someplace other than the top 40 which is all I’m really getting from this song. There’s nothing inherently wrong with doing something mainstream, but that’s not how she was setting this era up. Just feels kinda meh. Hoping there’s more interesting stuff on the album. 

Sounds like nit picking to me. The purpose of the 5 differing style 'taster' songs is to maximise appeal and anticipation for the album, not necessarily to tell the full Madame X story which is what the album (and videos) will most likely do. I wish we could put this Madonna isn't interested in being commercial/selling/charts thing to bed. She IS, but she does it through her own artistic lens.

22 minutes ago, ketchup said:

Doesn’t it seem like the theme she’s been building has just gone away in effort to have a mainstream hit? I don’t see “Madame X” in this at all. Even the cover art looks a bit slapped together when everything else up to this point has been extremely well art directed. 

I do think the song is good and catchy but it leaves me feeling a bit empty. Medellin took me someplace other than the top 40 which is all I’m really getting from this song. There’s nothing inherently wrong with doing something mainstream, but that’s not how she was setting this era up. Just feels kinda meh. Hoping there’s more interesting stuff on the album. 

Disagree with this.

Madame X has 18 personnalities and CRAVE is one of them. The video imagery, we just saw on her Instagram, says it all. Can't wait to see it full. 

11 minutes ago, Kim said:

Sounds like nit picking to me. The purpose of the 5 differing style 'taster' songs is to maximise appeal and anticipation for the album, not necessarily to tell the full Madame X story which is what the album (and videos) will most likely do. I wish we could put this Madonna isn't interested in being commercial/selling/charts thing to bed. She IS, but she does it through her own artistic lens.

Well said!!  :tigger:

I recommend and humbly suggest you listen to Crave and I rise back to back. Loud. Good speakers or headphones. Then come tell me how you feel. Goosebumps. 

13 hours ago, Wunderkind said:

The rollout of this era is absolutely perfect. They are finally using modern media the right way. Week after week we get new music, visuals, interviews. Madame X is shaping up to be one of the best things ever. And the music is living up to all of it. More than 35 years into her career she still delivers so much greatness. What an awesome time to witness. 

Absolutely every single word of this!

38 minutes ago, ketchup said:

No!!!! The X is all over her in the preview of the video. The lightings of the columns make an X on the spot she's standing and when she's layed down there's an X above her too!

32 minutes ago, runa said:

Disagree with this.

Madame X has 18 personnalities and CRAVE is one of them. The video imagery, we just saw on her Instagram, says it all. Can't wait to see it full. 

a spy in the house of love ? or ?

Guys, I keep saying I don't think she will have a hit just because of the industry but I dunno, this is a fucking SONG!

I'm ELATED. ☕

1 hour ago, Kim said:

Is Crave Madonna's best "featuring" song ever? I think it might be. 

Definitely yes if you don't count Take A Bow (would it be considered a featuring nowadays?)

In terms of official featurings YES.

32 minutes ago, ketchup said:

I think the same!   Everything about Crave seems rushed up: the single cover, the video, etc.  And the imagery doesn't feel part of the Madame X concept but I'm not complaining, she looks gorgeous! 

Probably they changed the choice of the second single. =/  

23 minutes ago, Mat.Guy said:

Absolutely every single word of this!

No!!!! The X is all over her in the preview of the video. The lightings of the columns make an X on the spot she's standing and when she's layed down there's an X above her too!

And the eyepatch too!

Nooooo. Then it might screw up the chart stuff. 

Anyway, that weird drawing on M’s Instagram looks like the one she posted for Valentine’s Day. 

4 minutes ago, madmex said:

I think the same!   Everything about Crave seems rushed up: the single cover, the video, etc.  And the imagery doesn't feel part of the Madame X concept but I'm not complaining, she looks gorgeous! 

Probably they changed the choice of the second single. =/  

Let's stop this nonsense because since the beginning we knew that Crave was released on the 10 just the same that Future is released next week and afterwards Dark Ballet. 

1 minute ago, imakicola said:

Nooooo. Then it might screw up the chart stuff. 

Anyway, that weird drawing on M’s Instagram looks like the one she posted for Valentine’s Day. 

It will be a Madonna hit no matter where account it comes from!