"Crave" thread

6 minutes ago, Danmacevents said:

I'm getting a lot of abuse on other forums for praising crave. And I'm met with this as an "acceptable" response. 'well I've been a fan since 1983 and I disagree'. This is not a valid reason. I cannot help being born in 1989. 

Crave is quintessential Madonna. 

I know, they can be very bitter sometimes

Don't forget to like the video and positive comments

Crave hit iTunes top 40 in US! Climbing slowly

iTunes:
#2 Chile
#3 Dominican Republic
#3 Portugal
#4 Greece
#6 Brazil
#7 Costa Rica
#10 Spain
#11 France
#11 Italy
#13 Poland
#14 Brazil
#16 Czech Republic
#21 Mexico
#23 Finland
#24 Hungary
#25 United Kingdom
#27 Netherlands
#28 Canada
#40 United States

13 minutes ago, Danmacevents said:

I'm getting a lot of abuse on other forums for praising crave. And I'm met with this as an "acceptable" response. 'well I've been a fan since 1983 and I disagree'. This is not a valid reason. I cannot help being born in 1989. 

Crave is quintessential Madonna. 

I've been abused on Facebook. 😂😂😂

3 minutes ago, Bat-Fan said:

You didn't like 4M? ☺

Oh you mean the Timbo/Justin song featuring Madonna? Doesn't count

1 minute ago, Danmacevents said:

Yes a thousand times yes 

Correct answer.

4 minutes ago, M_Sinner said:

I know, they can be very bitter sometimes

Don't forget to like the video and positive comments

Crave hit iTunes top 40 in US! Climbing slowly

iTunes:
#2 Chile
#3 Dominican Republic
#3 Portugal
#4 Greece
#6 Brazil
#7 Costa Rica
#10 Spain
#11 France
#11 Italy
#13 Poland
#14 Brazil
#16 Czech Republic
#21 Mexico
#23 Finland
#24 Hungary
#25 United Kingdom
#27 Netherlands
#28 Canada
#40 United States

Seems like it has very good potential 

1 hour ago, Mensch said:

sooner than the typical "at least 4-5 weeks of editing" timeframe. Next week...they've been editing nonstop the last 3 days and the video is clean and simple so within the next two weeks tops...

Wonderful! Thank you 😘

I have to admit this song is growing on me her vocals are amazing. This guy is happy.

For such an amazing, brave, adventurous artist Madonna surely has some of the most narrow-minded, shallow, self-conceited assholes as fans.

This is Madonna. NOT an easy artist to deal with. 

Fuck the whole world :fuckoff:

1 hour ago, the-queen said:

Look at this beautiful woman. She’s on my mind during the day and she keeps me up all night. 1527A622-DB65-48FA-85C2-09F7A9EE5DAD.gif5E8A04D3-CA19-4E44-B77D-E8ECBB47D6BA.gif

It's the 'Susan' hair!

*Dies* 

1 minute ago, Kim said:

Ray of SHITE more like  (not really but just say that to annoy them!)

Yeah, I usually say that Ray of Light and Confessions are here worst albums just to make them furious. Anyway, I really like everything about Madame X, from songs to visuals. ❤️

Madonna and Swae Lee Are Breathless Lovers On 'Crave'

Being away from each other drains the two singers of their powers

Soft jazz clings to the cool nighttime air like an evening breeze. A mysterious man in a pinstripe suit stands in a wide alleyway with an unlit cigarette in his mouth. After a few moments, a woman with frosty blonde hair turns the corner and slowly walks towards him. Her eyes are locked on the manilla folder in the man's hand that he gently flicks when she got close. He sighs, telling her she's late, and hands it to her. She opens it to find a picture of Swae Lee. "Your mission is to make a song with this chap," the man says, reaching for a lighter. When he looks back up, the woman's gone. The folder too.

A SHORT TIME LATER

Now, Madonna has intertwined her voice with Swae Lee's for a happy new record about innocent love called "Crave." On the track, the pair are obsessed partners who realize the power of their attraction and aren't afraid to test the waters. The track is set to appear on Madonna's forthcoming, spy-themed album espionage-themed album Madame X, set to drop on June 14. It's nearly impossible to listen to this without a smile sneaking to the corners of your face.

It's not quite pleading, but "Crave" bounces along with a frantic tone, grasping for affection that's just out of reach. The pair's manufactured love for each other here is heavy and the lip-biting is steamy. Madonna sighs and sings breathlessly, and Swae joins her for a breezy chorus about feelings that never fade and strong, dangerous love. "'Cause you're the one I crave / And my cravings get dangerous," the pair sing together, their voices twisting themselves around each other until they lock in place.

"Crave" is the latest of the vast world that Madame X will explore. Last week, she released an empowering anthem about resilience, "I Rise," featuring the voice of Stoneman Douglas shooting survivor Emma González. Last month, she released "Medellín," a tropical anthem with Maluma. Listen to the song up above.

http://www.mtv.com/news/3123805/madonna-swae-lee-crave-song/

Doesn’t it seem like the theme she’s been building has just gone away in effort to have a mainstream hit? I don’t see “Madame X” in this at all. Even the cover art looks a bit slapped together when everything else up to this point has been extremely well art directed. 

I do think the song is good and catchy but it leaves me feeling a bit empty. Medellin took me someplace other than the top 40 which is all I’m really getting from this song. There’s nothing inherently wrong with doing something mainstream, but that’s not how she was setting this era up. Just feels kinda meh. Hoping there’s more interesting stuff on the album. 

Just now, ketchup said:

Doesn’t it seem like the theme she’s been building has just gone away in effort to have a mainstream hit? I don’t see “Madame X” in this at all. Even the cover art looks a bit slapped together when everything else up to this point has been extremely well art directed. 

I do think the song is good and catchy but it leaves me feeling a bit empty. Medellin took me someplace other than the top 40 which is all I’m really getting from this song. There’s nothing inherently wrong with doing something mainstream, but that’s not how she was setting this era up. Just feels kinda meh. Hoping there’s more interesting stuff on the album. 

Nope.

4 minutes ago, Andra said:

Madonna and Swae Lee Are Breathless Lovers On 'Crave'

Being away from each other drains the two singers of their powers

Soft jazz clings to the cool nighttime air like an evening breeze. A mysterious man in a pinstripe suit stands in a wide alleyway with an unlit cigarette in his mouth. After a few moments, a woman with frosty blonde hair turns the corner and slowly walks towards him. Her eyes are locked on the manilla folder in the man's hand that he gently flicks when she got close. He sighs, telling her she's late, and hands it to her. She opens it to find a picture of Swae Lee. "Your mission is to make a song with this chap," the man says, reaching for a lighter. When he looks back up, the woman's gone. The folder too.

A SHORT TIME LATER

Now, Madonna has intertwined her voice with Swae Lee's for a happy new record about innocent love called "Crave." On the track, the pair are obsessed partners who realize the power of their attraction and aren't afraid to test the waters. The track is set to appear on Madonna's forthcoming, spy-themed album espionage-themed album Madame X, set to drop on June 14. It's nearly impossible to listen to this without a smile sneaking to the corners of your face.

It's not quite pleading, but "Crave" bounces along with a frantic tone, grasping for affection that's just out of reach. The pair's manufactured love for each other here is heavy and the lip-biting is steamy. Madonna sighs and sings breathlessly, and Swae joins her for a breezy chorus about feelings that never fade and strong, dangerous love. "'Cause you're the one I crave / And my cravings get dangerous," the pair sing together, their voices twisting themselves around each other until they lock in place.

"Crave" is the latest of the vast world that Madame X will explore. Last week, she released an empowering anthem about resilience, "I Rise," featuring the voice of Stoneman Douglas shooting survivor Emma González. Last month, she released "Medellín," a tropical anthem with Maluma. Listen to the song up above.

"Good job, agent," the man says, curling the cord of the pay phone around his fingers. The woman reclines into her couch, smiling.

http://www.mtv.com/news/3123805/madonna-swae-lee-crave-song/

Who knew an MTV journalist could include epic elements in his article.

Great read. Could this be what the video for this amazing new single will look like?

Remember that iTunes calculates the rankings by sales over the last 24 hours, so it will be really high exactly 24 hours after it was released for everyone. 

Edited by imakicola

6 minutes ago, ketchup said:

Yes I know, but hey we have 15 more songs to be excited about! 😍 I think Crave wasn't planned as a second single at the beginning and I hope it's going to do well on the radio

1 minute ago, Shaun said:

OH LAWD!!!!!!!

AN OUTDOOR SCENE!!! OH MYYYYY🤩

I love how this song once it has managed to get into your head, it does not want to leave it. I have listened to it at least 25 times since this morning, which has not happened to me with a new Madonna song in a long time.