"Crave" thread

For those wondering about how this might relate to Portugal, NME posted this track review, which makes reference to how it ties into Fado music... one of my (very smart) co-workers also picked up on the Fado-ness of it immediately.

https://www.nme.com/blogs/madonna-crave-swae-lee-madame-x-track-review-2486323

15 minutes ago, iasonas said:

Many HOT AC and AC stations played it this morning in the US. This is getting pushed!

Even WKTU in NY which is under the Top40 panel played it.

This is great news!

11 minutes ago, Lolasmommy said:

Ghost town is paint by numbers compared to this song

Dont go there pls.

Having said that, I'm digging "Crave" with repeated listens, after finding it so-so on first spin.

Liking it more and more . Finished work and it was the first song played at the top of the hour on BBC Radio 2

8 minutes ago, mtsanis said:

For those wondering about how this might relate to Portugal, NME posted this track review, which makes reference to how it ties into Fado music... one of my (very smart) co-workers also picked up on the Fado-ness of it immediately.

https://www.nme.com/blogs/madonna-crave-swae-lee-madame-x-track-review-2486323

Interesting! I think it’s the element of melancholy and longing found in Fado.  I believe the term is saudade.  In spite of it’s contemporary trap sound, Crave definitely captures that feeling.

2 minutes ago, Dr Lecter said:

Liking it more and more . Finished work and it was the first song played at the top of the hour on BBC Radio 2

did radio 2 play crave?

11 minutes ago, Sideris said:

did radio 2 play crave?

Yeah I heard it at just gone 4pm on the drive time show 

11 minutes ago, material_boy said:

Sounds like any generic pop princess track with a rap feature.

At least “Medellin” was good.

Yes and we also know how the "Medellín" video was shit with the praying intro, and she was just a "prop" on the MDNA Tour. I have no intention to be mean, but I really think that Madonna is over for you. It's time to move on. 

Saw on twitter that a few US radio stations are playing it! So happy that radio is FINALLY playing a new Madonna song. I think she’s done everything perfect this era. 

It’s total and complete pop perfection. I can’t remember the last time she created a song like this that blends pop with a melody that’s both melancholy and blissful all at the same time. 

I don’t know why, but something about this song reminds me of Borderline. Like if Borderline grew up and became an adult, this would be what she matured into. 

Can’t get enough of it. 

I'm getting a lot of abuse on other forums for praising crave. And I'm met with this as an "acceptable" response. 'well I've been a fan since 1983 and I disagree'. This is not a valid reason. I cannot help being born in 1989. 

Crave is quintessential Madonna. 

1 minute ago, Danmacevents said:

I'm getting a lot of abuse on other forums for praising crave. And I'm met with this as an "acceptable" response. 'well I've been a fan since 1983 and I disagree'. This is not a valid reason. I cannot help being born in 1989. 

Crave is quintessential Madonna. 

it's being 10000000% adored on youtube comments. That's a pretty nice change from the always divisive M.

1 hour ago, Mensch said:

idk ...but Crave just wrapped Wed night...idk what persona...

Cool thanks - sorry that sounded like I was bombarding you - was sort of thinking out loud. 

3 minutes ago, Kim said:

Is Crave Madonna's best "featuring" song ever? I think it might be. 

You didn't like 4M? ☺

5 minutes ago, Kim said:

Is Crave Madonna's best "featuring" song ever? I think it might be. 

Yes a thousand times yes