"Crave" thread

Ok... been listening to the song for a bit now, 4-5 times. I like it. I love her voice, and I like the vibe of it. I feel like something we haven't discussed here is Lauren D'Elia's input. Madonna is singing differently in these new batch of songs, and this, I feel, may have something to do with hiring a vocal engineer for the recording process. I love the silkiness of her voice, particularly in the middle of the song, right when it mixes with Swae Lee's. I stand by what I said before, this is current US sound. Medellin is LatAm mainstream. She's covering many bases here, very strategic. She's really putting a lot of strategy into this. 

Guess I've yet to find any particular Portuguese or lusophone influences in this. We'll see.

The video looks so beautiful! I can’t get enough of this song! It’s sad and beautiful at the sametime! She sounds like Madonna and sings so differently than we’ve heard from her ever   😢

Medellin and Crave are outstanding singles❤️❤️

1 minute ago, Gabriel Ciccone said:

When the video of Crave is gonna be released?

Like Medellin, probably next week? Although they probably won't want it to clash with Future's release so either before that or the week after. 

4 minutes ago, Wunderkind said:

The rollout of this era is absolutely perfect. They are finally using modern media the right way. Week after week we get new music, visuals, interviews. Madame X is shaping up to be one of the best things ever. And the music is living up to all of it. More than 35 years into her career she still delivers so much greatness. What an awesome time to witness. 

THIS 100 PERCENT.

Best album rollout in two decades.

So far so good! I love the 3 tracks we've heard from Madame X.

Medellin is the latin Madonna that makes you dance in a differente way.

I Rise is the classic Madonna empowerment song.

Crave is the urban/R&B Madonna we love.

And I have to say that the production in these 3 songs sound more cohesive than Rebel Heart or MDNA.

Might I add this is probably the best use of a feature in a Madonna song.  It’s still very much her song, with Swae merely complementing it.  

4 minutes ago, Icykiller said:

Ok... been listening to the song for a bit now, 4-5 times. I like it. I love her voice, and I like the vibe of it. I feel like something we haven't discussed here is Lauren D'Elia's input. Madonna is singing differently in these new batch of songs, and this, I feel, may have something to do with hiring a vocal engineer for the recording process. I love the silkiness of her voice, particularly in the middle of the song, right when it mixes with Swae Lee's. I stand by what I said before, this is current US sound. Medellin is LatAm mainstream. She's covering many bases here, very strategic. She's really putting a lot of strategy into this. 

Guess I've yet to find any particular Portuguese or lusophone influences in this. We'll see.

You said it! 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

This song is a honey candy....smooth...luscious....when you suck on it the first few seconds it's somewhat flat then the more you suck...the more you get in and you're filled with pure tasty honey! ONLY FUCKING MADONNA!!

6 minutes ago, Flip The Switch said:

This album just exudes QUALITY on every level. 

What a fantastic WOMAN. They way she sings?! :wow: Just when we thought we heard it all and she surprise us all again! 

Just today I was listening to Inside of Me from Bedtime Stories and I was thinking how Madonna uses her voice in so many different ways depending on the song. Her voice is definitly underrated.

Oh My God.... I have never been more in love.  EVER!  #unapologetic

4 minutes ago, Macromad said:

So far so good! I love the 3 tracks we've heard from Madame X.

Medellin is the latin Madonna that makes you dance in a differente way.

I Rise is the classic Madonna empowerment song.

Crave is the urban/R&B Madonna we love.

And I have to say that the production in these 3 songs sound more cohesive than Rebel Heart or MDNA.

Yaaas!

51 minutes ago, Dams said:

Thanks for that.

To each their own, everyone can have their own opinions, as long as they express opinions. I hate when some here write statements like ‘this or that is garbage’. That does not just express a preference. That means you think everyone else liking that song/album doesn’t have any proper taste. It doesn’t leave any room for debate and discussions. It’s childish. 

That's true. I've been critical of the new music but I would never say it's garbage or attack anyone for liking it. Madonna's discography is more diverse than anyone out there. Because of that, we may like certain sounds more than others from her and that can lead to many disagreements amongst the fan base. But the main thing to focus on is how lucky we are to have her. She keeps putting stuff out and never stops.

12 minutes ago, Wunderkind said:

The rollout of this era is absolutely perfect. They are finally using modern media the right way. Week after week we get new music, visuals, interviews. Madame X is shaping up to be one of the best things ever. And the music is living up to all of it. More than 35 years into her career she still delivers so much greatness. What an awesome time to witness. 

Yes, that's what I thought about. It's clear that she changed her team and glad she did. 

HEARD IT! its on fuckin repeat....holy fuckin hell...this is sweet, sexy, catchy...it makes me smile knowing she can still fuckin be in this game and kick its ass!

fuckin love it!

She looks amazing!! Love the song even more now. Can't wait for the video!!

O

G

I love love love this song! My absolute favorite of the three so far. Love at first listening! 

Sigh, I’m so relieved. Finally something I can truly and wholeheartedly celebrate.

33 minutes ago, Cesky said:

This is song is pretty subtle but it's my favorite single since Hung Up. Bedtime Stories 2019 yasssssss

It's simple and cute but also melancholy? 

Definitely a hint of melancholy, which is part of why I’m loving it. She knows she’ll get hurt, but can’t help trying to satisfy her craving for love.