"Crave" thread

14 minutes ago, Kurt420 said:

Seriously, why are you even here at this point? What happened is YOU got stuck on one version of Madonna and think that's the "ultimate" Madonna. NEWS FLASH: EVERYONE thinks their favorite version of Madonna is the "real" or "ultimate" Madonna. Do you know how many times I've heard/read that "something happened" after 1990?? That anything after Vogue is garbage? Definitely not necessary to like everything she does but seriously......it's been 14 yrs......your Lady Of The Manor/Disco Queen is gone!  Either go and listen to '98-'05 Madonna on repeat or MOVE ALONG and try to embrace what she does now. If you can't do that, then you can't do that, fair enough. But why do you stick around basically just to say in many different ways "she's just not that good anymore".....because in a nutshell, that's 90% of what you say on this forum.

But I love Medellín.  =/

Besides, I said "thats why some fans consider...." ....  I mean, not me! ><    #CalmDown

3 minutes ago, runa said:

yes it is - they are all, in fact

I was looking at the poll results, and some people put horrible or bad to every song... must be sad to be them, :lol:

Sad indeed. I can’t wait to hear the rest of the songs. So much respect for the QUEEN. 

3 minutes ago, vertigokane said:

This is an iHeartRadio station in Miami, FL here in the USA. Looks like Crave has been sent to radio here!

5A59A7D8-50FF-40FF-AA1B-A9ADB8D0C853.jpeg

Ah!!!! I am screaming!!!!!!!  :tigger:

Does anyone have the text numbers for stations in the big US Markets? We did this with RH in 2015.  I have not helped any artists with radio since then. Please share...

35 minutes ago, dcbyebyebaby said:

Someone talked about Z100 in NY playing a song that wasnt I Rise or Medellin. It might have been Crave and they are giving it a push at radio

Z100 is the big Top 40 station in NY, that is great! and the biggest radio market along with LA and Florida.

Z-100 NY contact info:

https://www.instagram.com/z100newyork/

https://twitter.com/Z100NewYork

https://z100.iheart.com/

Text Studio Line: 55100

Call Studio Line: 800-242-0100

Crave is deliciously heartwrenching, cool and seductive and both absolutely modern and classic Madonna. An absolute treat. Queen of melancholy and yearning. I could listen to this song all damn day, gaaah

31 minutes ago, vertigokane said:

This is an iHeartRadio station in Miami, FL here in the USA. Looks like Crave has been sent to radio here!

29 minutes ago, dcbyebyebaby said:

Someone talked about Z100 in NY playing a song that wasnt I Rise or Medellin. It might have been Crave and they are giving it a push at radio

Excellent the payola is finally starting! :tigger:Hopefully it will be more than the measly payola done for the RH singles. And hopefully she does a junket of radio interviews too soon. 

Just heard the whole song on YT.

It's excellent. Much stronger than Medellin. It's very current and commercial. This is Madonna's big chance at getting a new hit in the US market.

I think fans were expecting a dance-y disco song. And this isn't it. Doesn't mean it's not VERY strong. It's a VERY good single.

Mark my words. You'll all be digging it in no time, we're gonna get a video and we'll hear it a lot.

Keep streaming Medellin. I Rise and Crave. Medellin is still rising and radio stations have started playing it. I dont know this selective pushing. IRise would have been in the top ten by now had she pushed it.

I prefer IRise to Medellin and Crave. I bought all three. I have been buying to gift all three. I do not stream. I have been streaming. Instead of moaning, buy and stream the one you like if you are too annoyed by others. If you still like none, we have heard you, stop spreading your negativity. Keep quiet. Somewhere in the 15 songs you will find one you like. Rave then. For now, just pre-order the album and shut it instead of clogging the pages with your repetitive explanations of why you like nothing.

3 hours ago, Ai Papi Si. said:

Doesn’t mean they were total failures, but I don’t know if they’re near the top of any Madonna fans favorite albums.

A hell of a lot of us here, myself included, have ranked Rebel Heart very high on our Madonna albums lists over the past few years. We've had quite a few threads and discussions about it. For myself, its been in my top three or so since it came out.

3 hours ago, Danmacevents said:

I don't meant this negatively but I think sometimes we over exaggerate how innovative she is a CREATOR if music. She is an innovator in the sense she makes something familiar unique. Yes there are exceptions. ROL. (In my opinion). Some tracks on music,

I think she just missed the mark in that respect with HC BUT still a strong album. 

Making this relevent to crave, it's current but it's so very Madonna. And at this stage in her career. Just being Madonna and experimenting with the current is an amazing thing. Like she said in vogue no one is doing what she does. But they kind of are, only she does it better.

I hope it makes sense I've had wine.

Makes perfect sense. She's always tapped into current music, she's just had a way of going about it that separates her from the pack. Exactly.

3 hours ago, Carey said:

but she's also a pop artist so i don't get the criticism of her working with popular producers? did it produce nothing but rubbish? absolutely not.

thing is, lets say she went completely experimental and left field, the vast majority would be complaining that it's not commercial enough to get a hit, she goes too commercial (MDNA) and she's desperate to be relevant and lost her touch.

some of you just cannot accept that this is what she wants to do, if it's not for you then that's totally okay and valid but i don't get the endless complaints about it. Don't get me wrong, it's fine not to like something and critique but when it becomes a thesis statement for how "something happened" to her artistic prowess, no, maybe you and madonna just drifted apart? it happens when an artist stays true to themselves and doesn't rest on the laurels that got them millions of fans.

people want madonna to do what THEY think madonna ought to be doing and we've all been around the fan block long enough to know that's a losing game so embrace it or move on.

Best. Post. Ever. 

giphy.webp

8 minutes ago, Flip The Switch said:

So sweet! Their voices are surprisingly in synch. Beautiful!

1 hour ago, vertigokane said:

I just went to the link and made a comment! 

10 hours ago, CalinB said:

I agree it's a perfect pop gem.

Show me a person that does not like current top 40 music played on the radio, and I will show you a person that will not like Madonna's new singles album music offerings. 🙂 You have to be open minded to something new.  Hope everyone on this forum is by now ready mind, body and soul for the new ERA, which for M means NEW Madonna sound, NEW type of catchy seductive lyrics, etc.

But, better expressing your dislike here than disliking the track on YouTube and putting negative comments there.  LOL

Oh I love it. I understand the people who do not like it. It's personal choice but I don't understand the complaining that it's not like her old materials or people who

came out of the woodwork to gloat about how she is not charting etc .

I made the mistake of reading the comments from The View's Madonna segment video on Youtube and they were disgusting. People can be so stupid .

1 minute ago, imakicola said:

This is also pop music. It’s supposed to have artistic value but it’s supposed to be commercial. And easily accessible. 

Yup, for the album to sell it needs a commercial anchor. Madonna is equal parts an artist and a businesswoman.

40 minutes ago, VogueMusic said:

A hell of a lot of us here, myself included, have ranked Rebel Heart very high on our Madonna albums lists over the past few years. We've had quite a few threads and discussions about it. For myself, its been in my top three or so since it came out.

Makes perfect sense. She's always tapped into current music, she's just had a way of going about it that separates her from the pack. Exactly.

Best. Post. Ever. 

giphy.webp

Sigh, I know, you’re gonna refute anyone who has even a mildly nuanced critique but I stand by my point 👍🏼

I love MDNA and think Rebel Heart is probably her worst. Go figure. We’re all individuals with our own taste and viewpoints. Madonna would appreciate. 

14 minutes ago, Ai Papi Si. said:

Sigh, I know, you’re gonna refute anyone who has even a mildly nuanced critique but I stand by my point 👍🏼

I love MDNA and think Rebel Heart is probably her worst. Go figure. We’re all individuals with our own taste and viewpoints. Madonna would appreciate. 

Thanks for that.

To each their own, everyone can have their own opinions, as long as they express opinions. I hate when some here write statements like ‘this or that is garbage’. That does not just express a preference. That means you think everyone else liking that song/album doesn’t have any proper taste. It doesn’t leave any room for debate and discussions. It’s childish.