"Crave" thread

11 minutes ago, CalinB said:

Madonna & Swae Lee Break Taboo With The Age-Defying "Crave"

They also post a 30 second snippet… that should give everyone a good taste of the song...

https://www.hotnewhiphop.com/madonna-and-swae-lee-break-taboo-with-the-age-defying-crave-new-song.1982924.html

Madonna's unyielding presence is comparable to a desert rose.

Raise your hand if Madonna's mild interjection onQUAVO HUNCHO did away with your heart. The anti-ageist fancies herself the same person who once trolled David Letterman with yes/no answers to the point of ridicule. That's where Swae Lee comes into play, as the Tristan to her Isolde, the Billy Bob to Angelina's vial of blood. Between the two of them, there's no shortage of spunk to make the rounds.

It's easy to see why Madonna went with the much-younger Swae Lee as her fictional "better half." The twenty-something-year-old is essentially a water-downed version of the men she used to date (i.e. Dennis Rodman). So, before you go about doubting her personage, check the transcripts one last time before perusal.

While "Crave" is already available in select markets, the full-version only becomes available to North Americans at midnight. After seeing Madame X through to the finish line (tomorrow, May 10), the 60-year old singer will embark on a short concert run in three major US cities: Chicago, New York, and Los Angeles.

[Via]

Quotable Lyrics:

I'm tired of being far away from home
Far from walking home, far from where it's safe
Hope it's not too late
Rush, rush, rush on you, love, love, love on you
Love you like a fool, put my trust in you.

- Madonna

Uhm.. interesting.

The snippet wasn't too bad. It's obviosuly a lot more commercial than Medellin was.

If the video is really great, this could finally be a hit for her. Maybe not top40but a Hot 100 entry is defnitely possible.

I kinda like what I heard. I think people were just hoping/expecting a dance track, and that's why they're expressing disappointment..

2 hours ago, dollhouse said:

:rotfl:  yuck... MADONNA's brand of disco is nothing like that...  that 2:09 to 2:39 is worth everyone's special attention

28 minutes ago, CalinB said:

Madonna & Swae Lee Break Taboo With The Age-Defying "Crave"

They also post a 30 second snippet… that should give everyone a good taste of the song...

https://www.hotnewhiphop.com/madonna-and-swae-lee-break-taboo-with-the-age-defying-crave-new-song.1982924.html

Madonna's unyielding presence is comparable to a desert rose.

Raise your hand if Madonna's mild interjection onQUAVO HUNCHO did away with your heart. The anti-ageist fancies herself the same person who once trolled David Letterman with yes/no answers to the point of ridicule. That's where Swae Lee comes into play, as the Tristan to her Isolde, the Billy Bob to Angelina's vial of blood. Between the two of them, there's no shortage of spunk to make the rounds.

It's easy to see why Madonna went with the much-younger Swae Lee as her fictional "better half." The twenty-something-year-old is essentially a water-downed version of the men she used to date (i.e. Dennis Rodman). So, before you go about doubting her personage, check the transcripts one last time before perusal.

While "Crave" is already available in select markets, the full-version only becomes available to North Americans at midnight. After seeing Madame X through to the finish line (tomorrow, May 10), the 60-year old singer will embark on a short concert run in three major US cities: Chicago, New York, and Los Angeles.

[Via]

Quotable Lyrics:

I'm tired of being far away from home
Far from walking home, far from where it's safe
Hope it's not too late
Rush, rush, rush on you, love, love, love on you
Love you like a fool, put my trust in you.

- Madonna

Good article. Love that metaphor of Madonna being a desert rose.

Guest eroticerotic
1 hour ago, ketchup said:

It’s catchy, but feels generic. I’m glad so many of you like it though. I prefer Medellin. 

I’m glad it’s catching on among fans too!

It’s a pretty song; I’m just conflicted at what to feel listening because the music is sexy/hot but her voice sounds sad/melancholy.

49 minutes ago, runa said:

I don't understand how people can call it "generic"... This is everything but generic. 

This is a trap song, and trap is generic. There's nothing wrong about it.

Medellín, for example, have reggaeton vibes but is not reggaeton at all. She did a good song playing with some reggaeton bases but she turned them into a pop song.

But in this case she only added an acoustic intro (than actually some trap songs have it).

I like the song, her voice sounds incredible in this one.

3 minutes ago, eroticerotic said:

I’m just conflicted at what to feel listening because the music is sexy/hot but her voice sounds sad/melancholy.

That's kind of how Medellin was too though, wasn't it? Especially during her verses

Guest eroticerotic
18 minutes ago, impr3ssive_instant said:

That's kind of how Medellin was too though, wasn't it? Especially during her verses

I think I got the context better ; Medellín isn’t sexy perse? I think crave sounds sexy so it makes me take note of her somberness

32 minutes ago, mtzlplk said:

With the three songs released so far, MADAME X is really serving us some very good variety...

It will be interesting to listening the whole album with so much diversity mentioned. Can’t wait locas!

7 hours ago, ashtangi74 said:

I loved BS but i don't like this track. Don't see how it's compared. In Crave there's no songstructure, dynamics. In BS is.

I don't think you'll like Dark Ballet then either as apparently it's not your typical song structure.

43 minutes ago, headonfire said:

People calling Crave generic? :rotfl:

I don't get anything generic from the song!

I haven't heard the whole song, but while I wouldn't say generic, it's definitely more commercial from what I can hear.

What's the problem with having a very commercially-sounded single? Totally natural. I'm sure there will be dance-y tracks on Madame X.

4 minutes ago, Dany Targaryen said:

I haven't heard the whole song, but while I wouldn't say generic, it's definitely more commercial from what I can hear.

What's the problem with having a very commercially-sounded single? Totally natural. I'm sure there will be dance-y tracks on Madame X.

commercial and generic are definitley not the same thing in my book

53 minutes ago, Aries said:

Next week we get two right....future and another duet with Maluma from his album?

Oh I forgot about her feat with him. Yes you are right! 

1 hour ago, Dany Targaryen said:

I agree, and maybe the fact that is the most commercial song it's the reason why Crave will be the single that will be pushed more strongly in English-speaking and European markets, while Medellin is targeted primarily at Latin and Latin American markets.

And even though it might be the most commercial one so far, I still can hear that Madonna uniqueness in Crave,  and that folktronica, experimental, world music vibe so unique to M, which I think will be a staple of Madame X.

2 hours ago, Flip The Switch said:

It will be interesting to listening the whole album with so much diversity mentioned. Can’t wait locas!

1 hour ago, Shaun said:

These three songs couldn’t be more wonderfully different. I am foaming at the mouth for the rest!

Madame X will take us on a trip around the world with all this creative and musical diversity.  This album is shaping up to be an absolute gem.💗

2 hours ago, DavidJ said:

Why can’t I find a link anywhere to play it? I want back pages and pages but could not find 😭😭😭

you can check out 30 seconds here...

Madonna Recruits Swae Lee on New Single ‘Crave’: Listen

The Queen of Pop kicked off the promo campaign for her new disc with ‘Medellín‘ featuring Maluma, and then followed up with a promotional single called ‘I Rise’. She is now dropping her official single ‘Crave’ featuring some help from Swae Lee who has been a regular on the Billboard Hot 100 chart this year, thanks to ‘Sunflower’, his song with Post Malone.

a lot of madonna's hits are commercial.. very few (maybe some on MDNA) are generic. there's a difference. it's not in your face experimental as Medellin but I think it's a creative song. it's subtle

I love Crave but it's not hit material.

I doubt she cares about hit singles anymore, as long as the album is critically well received... that's all we can hope for these days.

None of the 3 songs released scream hit single to me, they are all great though and the production so far is very interesting and creative.

I'm not finding this album to be that different to Rebel Heart sonically yet which is a surprise. (except for the much better mixing)

I really need to hear the rest of the Mirwais songs... stat!

1 hour ago, headonfire said:

I still can hear that Madonna uniqueness in Crave,  and that folktronica, experimental, world music vibe so unique to M, which I think will be a staple of Madame X.

Lol.  Its's called TRAP.  And it's considered very generic in latin america.

Latin trap

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trap_music

Edited by madmex