"Crave" thread

13 minutes ago, Shaun said:

This song is everything and sounds nothing like Rebel Heart. Reminds me of a Bedtime Stories/American Life hybrid. Madame X continues to deliver!

yes + a bit of Mer Girl.

34 minutes ago, Aries said:

It’s funny how everyone’s perception of a song is totally different from another 

It s human actually

i like it after first listening 

very soothing n groovy 👍

reminds me of till death to us part when she sings the bridge part “ran and ran so fast....”

I kept hearing she sings “Kong kong... instead come come” 😂

Mirwais also has a new album coming this autumn so I'm pretty sure she will be featured on a couple of songs

All of you people complaining that you’re not allowed to dislike something Madonna does remind me of people in the United States who complain about “the war on Christmas.”  Guess what?  It doesn’t exist.  You can bitch and moan about Madonna all you want (and many of you do, often), but when fans of a singer on a forum devoted to said singer are positive about her output, don’t act like you’re some big victim who is being silenced. For fuck’s sake.

I can’t wait to hear Crave for the first time in twelve hours!  She’s two for two for me so far, but then again I have always liked the bulk of her work.

I can’t stop listening to this song. There is something so evocative about how she uses emotion and phrasing when singing in this song. It’s like the love child from Bedtime Stories/American Life/Music. Definitely a delicious ear worm 

46 minutes ago, Crystal Coffin said:

I will never stop praying that there is 0% element of "disco smash" on the album. Amen 

FuckYeah I predict just one to permanently wear out those leotards

4 minutes ago, Shane said:

All of you people complaining that you’re not allowed to dislike something Madonna does remind me of people in the United States who complain about “the war on Christmas.”  Guess what?  It doesn’t exist.  You can bitch and moan about Madonna all you want (and many of you do, often), but when fans of a singer on a forum devoted to said singer are positive about her output, don’t act like you’re some big victim who is being silenced. For fuck’s sake.

Yes. The passive-aggressive self-conceited attitude is extremely repulsive. And they actually believe they are BETTER than Madonna the artist herself. 

Super catchy and current. The guitar intro and backing vocals give me life. The harmonizing is reminiscent of X-static Process. Love the vibrato in verse 2. Haven't stopped listening to it (and to Medellin) since Tues. Still a downside: the mumbled verses; as if she's chewing on something while singing. 

1 hour ago, Aries said:

It’s funny how everyone’s perception of a song is totally different from another 

And that's the beauty of having an opinion and not just being a sheep who loves and adores everything Madonna does. Some people don't like the song, some love it and this is okay. I haven't heard Crave yet but so far I love I Rise and Medellín.

9 hours ago, Butter9 said:

Thanks @CalinB ! Before I went to bed last night 90% of the forum LOVES the song and now 90% HATES the song.

Only on this board ! It's the track that keeps on giving. the head of Maverick was right. It's a perfect pop gem .

I agree it's a perfect pop gem.

Show me a person that does not like current top 40 music played on the radio, and I will show you a person that will not like Madonna's new singles album music offerings. 🙂 You have to be open minded to something new.  Hope everyone on this forum is by now ready mind, body and soul for the new ERA, which for M means NEW Madonna sound, NEW type of catchy seductive lyrics, etc.

But, better expressing your dislike here than disliking the track on YouTube and putting negative comments there.  LOL

17 hours ago, VogueMusic said:

Yep. So I might listen to this one. I've held out on I Rise though.

The only reason why I avoid "I Rise" for now is because it is the final song on the album. "Crave" and whatever else, I'm ready for them  

Its official: I love it. Its good, its catchy, it has a strong chorus. I love how she sings it. Its different, but cool and assured. It feels authentic.

2 minutes ago, runa said:

Love the guitar at the beginning - it has a little 70s vibe I really really like... ❤️

Me too. It feels much more anthemic than I Rise i must say.

13 minutes ago, elijah said:

Its official: I love it. Its good, its catchy, it has a strong chorus. I love how she sings it. Its different, but cool and assured. It feels authentic.

Yes, it's a gorgeous song. Love her vocals, too. Was a bit irritated about the first verse at first, but it's a different approach and I think it's interesting.

Madonna & Swae Lee Break Taboo With The Age-Defying "Crave"

They also post a 30 second snippet… that should give everyone a good taste of the song...

https://www.hotnewhiphop.com/madonna-and-swae-lee-break-taboo-with-the-age-defying-crave-new-song.1982924.html

Madonna's unyielding presence is comparable to a desert rose.

Raise your hand if Madonna's mild interjection onQUAVO HUNCHO did away with your heart. The anti-ageist fancies herself the same person who once trolled David Letterman with yes/no answers to the point of ridicule. That's where Swae Lee comes into play, as the Tristan to her Isolde, the Billy Bob to Angelina's vial of blood. Between the two of them, there's no shortage of spunk to make the rounds.

It's easy to see why Madonna went with the much-younger Swae Lee as her fictional "better half." The twenty-something-year-old is essentially a water-downed version of the men she used to date (i.e. Dennis Rodman). So, before you go about doubting her personage, check the transcripts one last time before perusal.

While "Crave" is already available in select markets, the full-version only becomes available to North Americans at midnight. After seeing Madame X through to the finish line (tomorrow, May 10), the 60-year old singer will embark on a short concert run in three major US cities: Chicago, New York, and Los Angeles.

[Via]

Quotable Lyrics:

I'm tired of being far away from home
Far from walking home, far from where it's safe
Hope it's not too late
Rush, rush, rush on you, love, love, love on you
Love you like a fool, put my trust in you.

- Madonna

Just now, Illuminati said:

Yes, it's a gorgeous song. Love her vocals, too. Was a bit irritated about the first verse at first, but it's a different approach and I think it's interesting.

I like it immediately, though it sounds like she is with her blings on. I think out of the 3, this has the biggest potential to be a hit, including in Europe.