The "Future" thread

Just heard it now, I love it! Very Thievery Corporation-ish but more modern (Diplo always rips them off big time). I actually like the effects on her vocals, it works for the song! 

How funny that some of us already live in the actual future and can hear this before others and Mother decided to bless us with this track about the future. Ironic Queen.

The song is good, summerish. I like it. But it has to be said: what the fuck with the mastering? How come no one tells her that they sound bad. Not only Crave, but this song also has clicks. And sometimes they sound like they are under water. I don't think it's an artistic choice. This album is shaping up to be worse then Rebel Heart in mastering, each track is distorted so far.

Guest eroticerotic

I heard it in full. It’s out there. She quotes don’t tell me In some lyrics. Very heavily vocoded. 

Nice production 👍🏻

Heard it. Solid track. Least fav so far, but that doesn’t mean I don’t like it and that could always change with more listens. Love how different it sounds. Love the don’t tell me references. Mellow reaggae vibe. More great production. Maybe a little too vocoders. Will probably turn many in the forum off. 😜

remember the instrumental at the end of the video of Madame X tour? Well if you listen to "future" on min 2:31 you can hear it 

Edited by alcermag

22 minutes ago, stevo208 said:

How funny that some of us already live in the actual future and can hear this before others and Mother decided to bless us with this track about the future. Ironic Queen.

Song is out, on the internet for half day. 

About her voice, days ago I say a post (I can't find it)on someones of M's team saying that she invented a new technique (or at least is using a new for her) for this album and the  vocal production and engineering was made by Lauren D'elia in all the tracks that we heard.

8 minutes ago, animalinstinct said:

Just five hours to go in the UK 

Yey, I will watch the 2nd semi final of Eurovision then just 2 hours to kill.... future.

10 minutes ago, animalinstinct said:

Just five hours to go in the UK 

Yeah but unfortunately I won't get to hear it until after the school run at 9am so I can enjoy it peacefully lol. I'll go for a walk in the sun with the dog with this and Soltera on repeat. Hope they're as incredible as I expect them to be

50 minutes ago, DanM said:

The song is good, summerish. I like it. But it has to be said: what the fuck with the mastering? How come no one tells her that they sound bad. Not only Crave, but this song also has clicks. And sometimes they sound like they are under water. I don't think it's an artistic choice. This album is shaping up to be worse then Rebel Heart in mastering, each track is distorted so far.

I think you’re listening to 64kbps files. 

1 hour ago, Geiger83 said:

Haha I speak German and it is funny because now I can understand some dutch too😘

😂

Upon more listens, I already like it more and more. I like that this album challenges the first listen litmus test. Many of my favorite M songs across the decades have been ones that I didn’t like at first  listen.

2 minutes ago, david86 said:

😂

und ich liebe es 😘

I listened to the song in the first seconds i'm like wtf is this? then as you get into the song it has a nice beat. It's like a Jamacian song. It grew on me in 20 seconds. I love it!I noticed every song that has been released has a nice beat.

6 minutes ago, tuckeye said:

even the lil snippets ive heard sounds so interesting. like, at least the songs are all different sounding.

it seems fresh.

yes, very different but you can hear how cohesive it is..... They all flow together so perfectly