The "Future" thread

It's okay. I mean I *get* the vocal effect and all, but I'd rather the verse actually just sounded like Madonna. It's much more interesting and layered than UB.

Just now, Messiah said:

Maybe it will grow on you.

I had the same feeling with Crave when I first listened to it, but now I really like it a lot.

don't think so. i just wait for some sort of build up and nothing. that's alright. i had no expectations anyway.

I don't like it, for now, despite all the songs being nice, I haven't found where the character of this album is, I like the idea that there isn't a concept but these songs don't add anything to the album, they are smooth and pleasant, not incisive. Madonna amaze me please

When I first heard the crave I was like , I HATE IT now it’s my favorite song from the album ... but with future ... I liked it on my first listen .... let’s see

2 minutes ago, Nikki said:

all of you are from New Zealand and Asia? 😉

nope I'm from Greece but I have Apple Music and I changed my Apple ID to New Zealand 

Edited by Sideris

5 minutes ago, Sideris said:

nope I'm from Greece but I have Apple Music and I changed my Apple ID to New Zealand 

you can just hear a preview..

honestly.. Quavo is not needed.

6 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

The 3 songs released so far don't sound like Rebel heart album at all to me.  Shows we all hear things differently.

Medellin is totally different from any Madonna song I have ever heard and the only song I think could be considered similar to any of the songs on Rebel Heart  would be maybe Best Night with Crave.  Even then, they don't sound alike.   They are pretty different but have that same kind of  laid back sexual type groove going on.   I have not heard Future yet so can't comment but as yet,  ,I don't find the 3 songs I have heard are similar to songs from previous albums.  

3 hours ago, Shaun said:

None of these songs have sounded like Rebel Heart. And all three have been ace.

This. So much this.

I don’t know what people are listening to, but I don’t hear anything of Rebel Heart. All the songs so far have been absolutely brilliant and stand on their own. Still haven’t heard Future and don’t plan to until it’s released on this side of the world.

And for people expecting consistency, whatever that means in relation to music, they can only not understand the global and journey-like nature of Madame X - musical diversity is what Madame X is about; it’s the entire concept of the album

Just now, Nikki said:

you can just hear a preview..

honestly.. Quavo is not needed.

THIS!

@dubtronic Can you make an Quavo-less edit of this? I'd like it so much more without him. The hook is catchy!

I’ve heard the preview only so far, I need to wait to have the full track before passing judgement. My first impressions are usually one of being underwhelmed 

That's the vibe im getting from madame X a musical journey of the world. Not different attempts at every modern sound. Cos in my opinion I love I rise but there's many songs over the years similar. 

I can't wait to hear future in full 

2 minutes ago, Ugly Hecty said:

THIS!

@dubtronic Can you make an Quavo-less edit of this? I'd like it so much more without him. The hook is catchy!

🤣🤣 I’m guessing it’s just the norm to ask a fellow remixer to do a feature-less version of every song with a feature...

she has been experimenting a lot. I love the fact that she hasn't made an album to please the masses. Future sounds very interesting and i don't think it's everyone's cup of tea.

Just now, smirnoff_ice said:

she has been experimenting a lot. I love the fact that she hasn't made an album to please the masses. Future sounds very interesting and i don't think it's everyone's cup of tea.

THIS! 👍