The "Future" thread

14 hours ago, Bat-Fan said:

Sounds slow not really dancehall

Are we sure that song is Future? I think it may be some other song. Although it sounds good, I must say.

On 11 de maio de 2019 at 4:07 AM, dylanciccone_ said:

The one with Anitta is a cover of another song and won't be disco at all.

Exactly. Maybe it has already been discussed somewhere here but the original version sounds heavily like brasilian funk (which has NOTHING to do with disco. People who expect brasilian funk to sound like disco would probably get a fatal shock comparing both sounds 🤣). I suppose if Mike Dean produced this song he has probably given a more international touch to it, so that the Carioca funk sound doesn't predominate too much, making it easier to listen for international audiences. I can't imagine original brasilian funk would have appeal to audiences outside of Brazil,  that is why it would be a very good idea to have the production of someone like Mike Dean.

Edited by Geiger83

On 5/8/2019 at 11:29 AM, Martin B. said:

Everything is possible. Do not forget that some people start to hate a song not yet recorded when Madonna is seen in a studio with a producer they do not like.:lol:

So true.

Remember when they heard she was working with Starrah and had a meltdown? :lol:  M herself even addressed the criticism on IG.

On 5/10/2019 at 7:57 PM, Shane said:

Thanks for the great summary!

I have lived all three tracks that have been released so far!

Do you guys think she will have at least one ballad per usual?  I know most want a dance floor banger but I would love one classic are Madonna ballad as well.

Excited for Future!

I hope the ballads are more like crave if she has any

5 hours ago, Crux said:

So true.

Remember when they heard she was working with Starrah and had a meltdown? :lol:  M herself even addressed the criticism on IG.

People thought she was using more rap features like on rebel heart I remember

does anyone else feel like they should really push Medellin for eurovision? it's got the potential to be a sleeper hit and is such a grower.

it's the lead single and could do very well on a platform like eurovision.

i feel like it's gotten lost in the mix.

On 5/10/2019 at 3:40 PM, CalinB said:

Future is the video shot in LA, so it is a dance song produce by Diplo and with Quavo on it. So, for all of you waiting for a dance floor banger... it's coming...next Friday. 

No. 

The "Disco banger" song is God Control. It was already detailed on the British Vogue interview and the insider from last week who wrote about it and I don't search I Find, the other "disco banger" song from the album.

Since the press release, Future have been described as a dancehall song.

22 minutes ago, Jairo said:

No. 

The "Disco banger" song is God Control. It was already detailed on the British Vogue interview and the insider from last week who wrote about it and I don't search I Find, the other "disco banger" song from the album.

Since the press release, Future have been described as a dancehall song.

Are “insiders” usually correct, though, or just people who want to act like they know things?

1 hour ago, Shane said:

Are “insiders” usually correct, though, or just people who want to act like they know things?

Well, you know how things turned out. :lmao:

Let’s wait and see what happens. In my case, not willing to listen to Future. 

9 hours ago, Carey said:

does anyone else feel like they should really push Medellin for eurovision? it's got the potential to be a sleeper hit and is such a grower.

Yes i think they should. It’s a great song! People are loving it. 

22 minutes ago, SheldonCooper said:

Yes i think they should. It’s a great song! People are loving it. 

I agree, I think it sounds really good performed live actually, me and my bf (who likes M but isn't a super fan like me) enjoyed the performance a lot. 

10 hours ago, Carey said:

Yes! It's a hit in Italia.  Europe needs Medellín!

i forgot this was reggaton or whatever sounding. can't wait til this friday!!! why can't she sing into the groove too.

i bet she will release another song the week of album drop. so dont ya'll worry.

12 hours ago, Carey said:

I fully agree. I think there is still potential for the song.

3 minutes ago, rekha said:

I fully agree. I think there is still potential for the song.

If she has 15 min as reported maybe she will do:

Medellin

Future

Like A Prayer

20 minutes ago, elijah said:

If she has 15 min as reported maybe she will do:

Medellin

Future

Like A Prayer

Medellin

Crave

Like a Prayer

If they are going to push Crave in the West then it makes sense to perform it.

Just now, rekha said:

Medellin

Crave

Like a Prayer

If they are going to push Crave in the West then it makes sense to perform it.

But nobody in the west watches Eurovision. 

1 minute ago, Mensch said:

I mean the West from the perspective of Japan. That means not only The US but  Europe, Australia, Canada, New Zealand etc. (caucasians and English speakers) 😝😝😝

12 minutes ago, Mensch said:

And that's why I think it's really important that she has the performance on her YouTube Channel. Eurovision is not on the radar for most people in the US.

2 hours ago, frzndrwnwrld said:

And that's why I think it's really important that she has the performance on her YouTube Channel. Eurovision is not on the radar for most people in the US.

Does it matter? Her career in America  is dead in the water. Her priority fanbase is Europe. All promo should be done in Europe, not America 

21 minutes ago, leeagainstthemusic said:

Does it matter? Her career in America  is dead in the water. Her priority fanbase is Europe. All promo should be done in Europe, not America 

:ohgoodgrief: The same stupid rubbish we have heard since 200 years ago. :fuckoff:

No wonder she hates her fans. 

2 hours ago, frzndrwnwrld said:

Agree about having the performance ASAP in her YouTube channel. US will watch it if it is trending world wide. I think that is what she is fighting for right now. She needs to get the rights to the performance and move the upload on her YouTube.

1 hour ago, leeagainstthemusic said:

Still bitter that Madonna did not promote MDNA in Europe?