British Vogue June 2019

5 minutes ago, Crystal Coffin said:

The Spew is too low for M, really. I have always thought that 90% of TV shows AND the people as well, are awfully beneath the goddess...she's too majestic...the throne is hers and hers alone! 

None of them are threats, they’re just nuisances. Madonna’s legend status is guaranteed. The detractors aren’t even footnotes. They’re attention seekers. They have to name drop Madonna to be noticed. 

Wow! I think some very interesting tidbits came at the end of the interview. She only works out 1/3 as much as she used to, she hates clothes shopping and doesn't want to discuss her love life. Like someone said earlier, it could be that she's not seeing anyone right now OR it could mean that she IS seeing someone and can't really talk about it.

As for working out less, I think that could be down to the time she spends with the twins and the time she has to spend on her career. I get the feeling she is more hands-on this era and could be doing more of the things that she had previously left to her managers in other eras. Just a guess. I agree that if she is planning on doing any remotely intricate dance routines on the tour, she will inevitably be in more shape as a result.

I hope she takes time to do at least one more long-form interview. There is so much insight to be gained from these!

3 hours ago, paradise said:

I was pleasantly surprised to get my copy for a special price of £2! 

Same here. Thought I'd struggle to get a copy but just found one in my local Tesco express!

1 minute ago, Priceless said:

Wow! I think some very interesting tidbits came at the end of the interview. She only works out 1/3 as much as she used to, she hates clothes shopping and doesn't want to discuss her love life. Like someone said earlier, it could be that she's not seeing anyone right now OR it could mean that she IS seeing someone and can't really talk about it.

As for working out less, I think that could be down to the time she spends with the twins and the time she has to spend on her career. I get the feeling she is more hands-on this era and could be doing more of the things that she had previously left to her managers in other eras. Just a guess. I agree that if she is planning on doing any remotely intricate dance routines on the tour, she will inevitably be in more shape as a result.

I hope she takes time to do at least one more long-form interview. There is so much insight to be gained from these!

😚

I was shocked at the racial discrimination her adopted kids faced! 

10 minutes ago, Priceless said:

she hates clothes shopping and doesn't want to discuss her love life. Like someone said earlier, it could be that she's not seeing anyone right now OR it could mean that she IS seeing someone and can't really talk about it.

Where is this mentioned? I must have read over it. 

2 hours ago, Crystal Coffin said:

😚

I was shocked at the racial discrimination her adopted kids faced! 

I was, too! But can you imagine the follow-up visit where Madonna arrives, fixes them with a look and says "Are you going to tell me you have no room?:queenbitch:

10 hours ago, Mattress said:

Not sure what it is, but this is one of my favorite covers of her entire career.

Same here  👍

I was not expecting this style from M&M

Love it

On 5/12/2019 at 6:29 AM, the-queen said:

Anyone in the media who mocks Madonna is stone cold dead to me. Madonna has one of the most iconic first names in the history of popular culture/the world. She has more money than these jealous slobs, more creativity and more zest for life. Who do these hacks think they are when they tell someone what to do? What’s it got to do with them? Goes to show while Madonna is busy making works of art and touring the world in front of her loving fans, the Daily Fail and The Spew only have heckling from the sidelines. Hecklers don’t have any skin in the game. They sit back while others actually do things. It irritates them that Madonna is still winning, still grinning and not being dictated to. MADONNA IS A STRONG, SUCCESSFUL WOMAN. 

THIS a million times!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On 5/12/2019 at 5:14 PM, Beautiful Killer said:

Just checked a DC area B & N.  Not yet -- still the May issue.

My B & N store (PA) doesn’t have it either. They said it takes about 2 weeks after the release date. When I asked, they said they could set a copy aside for me and call when it comes in. 

4 hours ago, VogueMusic said:

THIS a million times!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:thumbsup:

4 hours ago, Mattress said:

Bathtime Stories. :lol:

I’m rolling on the ground laughing at this! 

8 hours ago, Mattress said:

s-l1600.jpg

The color scheme and cover is like a dark, brunette Bedtime Stories... she even has the martini resting behind her.

:wow: :chuckle:

9 hours ago, QueenM58 said:

My B & N store (PA) doesn’t have it either. They said it takes about 2 weeks after the release date. When I asked, they said they could set a copy aside for me and call when it comes in. 

That's really nice of them!

15 hours ago, Mattress said:

s-l1600.jpg

The color scheme and cover is like a dark, brunette Bedtime Stories... she even has the martini resting behind her.

:lol:

1 hour ago, Ugly Hecty said:

Kate Moss reading the issue!

D6YnVZPX4AYPnNJ.jpg:large

Loving this! Sweet pic

But almost 20 years younger Kate needs a detox and some MDNA Skin in her life. Why does she look so unkempt all the time?  :rotfl: Madonna should really coach her on the benefits of a healthy lifestyle

On 5/13/2019 at 8:00 PM, QueenM58 said:

That *is* really nice of them. I stopped at my local B&N today (also in PA) and they told me they don’t hold periodicals. I did leave my contact info — they’ll “try” to contact me. They said it takes a whole month to get them in ... They have the May issue on the shelves now; the customer service rep told me they just got that in. So, I guess mid-June I’ll check back if I haven’t heard from them.

I never got any of the Interview mag covers from 2015 (?) — called around to all of the B&Ns around me. It’s so frustrating sometimes, but oh well. (On a brighter note, I just discovered today they carry LOVE magazine — now I feel silly that I didn’t try to get that one when M was on the cover. I just figured it was gonna be impossible after never getting any of those last Interviews. I mean, there were THREE. covers and I ended up with zero! Bad batting average! Ha!)

8 hours ago, peter said:

That *is* really nice of them. I stopped at my local B&N today (also in PA) and they told me they don’t hold periodicals. I did leave my contact info — they’ll “try” to contact me. They said it takes a whole month to get them in ... They have the May issue on the shelves now; the customer service rep told me they just got that in. So, I guess mid-June I’ll check back if I haven’t heard from them.

I never got any of the Interview mag covers from 2015 (?) — called around to all of the B&Ns around me. It’s so frustrating sometimes, but oh well. (On a brighter note, I just discovered today they carry LOVE magazine — now I feel silly that I didn’t try to get that one when M was on the cover. I just figured it was gonna be impossible after never getting any of those last Interviews. I mean, there were THREE. covers and I ended up with zero! Bad batting average! Ha!)

Yeah, we will see if they really do call!  I haven’t purchased a magazine in years so I didn’t realize they carried so many publications.