British Vogue June 2019

Wow!  I can say nothing else in her presence.  Xoxxo

I have no words. Just absolutely stunning. That wistful look in the bathtub, aside from the beautiful framing, clothes and styling just conveys so much.

3 hours ago, Silverfox said:

What she says about Lola is so revealing in itself. Lola is obviously multi-talented but having Madonna's drive is a talent on its own but people don't appreciate it. Could always tell that she identifies with David and he seems to have that confidence she has. Incredible because it's not a genetic thing obviously and I don't mean to use them to make a point but it shows how much kids respond if given encouragement 

I'm surprised at how open she was about her children. She's pretty thoughtful about the reasons why they may not have her drive. It reminds me of the often repeated analysis, which i think is mostly true, that children of immigrants to western countries often have a lot more drive to succeed at school/work because of where they've come from and their limited means. It's hard to have a lot of drive when you're comfortable and maybe don't have a deep passion or interested in something yet.

I'm loving this era so much. Madonna is giving us so much of herself.

yayaya i ordered mine today. it will take forever though to arrive after may 10th.

i wonder if her older kids are gonna be upset with her for saying what she said, lol

“There are no living role models for me,” she concedes. “Because nobody does what I do. And that’s kind of scary.”

What a fucking amazing quote. Madonna is a brave, trailblazing powerhouse. 

I loved the article and the pics. It just proves she has the biggest bond with David. Obviously they adore each other (we have known this, but its great to hear her talk about it). I mean she moved continents for him. Its interesting how lowkey she slammed Rocco and its interesting to hear her talk about Lola.

3 hours ago, Samo said:

Yes it is, Madonna's back catalogue is one of the most played at US radio, the only Artist who gets more play than her is MJ, and even earlier this year Madonna's back catalogue was getting played more than his

There are threads on this in the Madonna radio thread

Alright. I'll be more specific. Not in NYC. I only hear that horrible Madhouse cover of LAP.

9 hours ago, Sjewell88 said:

https://www.vogue.co.uk/article/ultimate-madonna-playlist 

Vogue staffers picking their fav M track is a cute extra as well! ❤️

So true. And i'm surprised that these songs were even mentioned: 'die another day,' 'me against the music,' and 'evita' songs. Her catalogue is so far-reaching and encompassing.

12 hours ago, Stephen said:

Love the Anne Sexton homage

sexton.jpg?w=750

Wow really impressed you guessed It !

12 hours ago, Genevieve Vavance said:

love this quote by her

Would this be a weird reference to Virginia Woolf? Or Sylvia Plath?

14 hours ago, robster said:

M Will be on the cover of the British Vogue in June, issue is out May 10th! Photography by Mert & Marcus

https://www.vogue.co.uk/article/madonna-june-issue-british-vogue-2019

0ACF61BA-B03E-42E4-AADC-81C57FE1C738.jpeg

2F13F5E7-173D-41CF-9BF4-8FD070E7AE83.jpeg

E68CE082-96EB-4AB9-8F5E-96E99CB34FE1.jpeg

OH WOW just WOWWWWW. When was the last time she was on the cover of British Vogue ??

Love the photos. She looks beyond stunning and the cover is :dramatic:

yes yes yes.This time is perfect, and, new.just when you think  that it´s impossible to do something different...there you have it!

and I get that people has 1988-1989 or 1998 vibes with this...but I don´t! it´s 2019!!!!!😍

I've just read part of the interview ( Can't waitlists for the rest ) and the part she speaks about her kids are so amazing . 

I'm just in awe of her as a person and as a mother .

Absolutely killing it. The pictures are amazing and I love the reference to Anne Sexton. The article looks like it will be a great read too. Really liking the positivity from BV.

7 hours ago, VogueMusic said:

FINALLY!!!!!

Perfectly written article. 

A must-read for everyone.

This article is perfect and so true! The writer ( she is a female) really understands her and her relevance for women and for society in general.

Beautiful photos and wonderful to see her on the cover of Vogue where she belongs.  Can't wait to get a copy of this. 

She is such an intelligent woman and always love her interviews.  Not completely sure though that her comments regarding her children in print is a good idea. Just know that it can create jealously issues amongst her children reading some of those comments and that can be very difficult in the future. I know she loves them all unconditionally and is an incredible loving mother but maybe a little too revealing for them to read and those quotes will be referenced a lot into the future. 

8 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Beautiful photos and wonderful to see her on the cover of Vogue where she belongs.  Can't wait to get a copy of this. 

She is such an intelligent woman and always love her interviews.  Not completely sure though that her comments regarding her children in print is a good idea. Just know that is can create jealously issues amongst her children reading some of those comments and that can be very difficult in the future. I know she loves them all unconditionally and is an incredible loving mother but maybe a little too revealing for them to read and those quotes will be referenced a lot into the future. 

I thought the same. I like that she opens up about her children but I think it's a bit strange for the kids themselves to read this.

This quote about how mobile phones ended the relationship with her children will be stuck in my head forever. 

They understand what she’s saying. I have no doubt all her children are fully aware of the interview and what she means. Hell, I yell at everyone and I know so many parents who say the very same thing about how cell phones ruined their relationships with their children. 

She's very straight forward when discussing her children, more so than I remember her being. And I could see for a while now that Lola doesn't have the drive, probably due to being compared to Madonna and I think that's really sad. I'm sure she will be successful in her own way but hope she doesn't see it as a hinderance forever.

Not only are the pictures STUNNING , that homage to Anne Sexton is fantastic, as @Stephen has pointed out. But the content promises to be one of those iconic interviews. What she says about David and Lola is brave and raw!!!!!