STREAMING/SALES strategy and discussion

The song is stalling around 14 million views because it isn't connecting with a lot of people. You can throw around her age being a factor but the song isn't the greatest for a lead single. The video is good and hopefully the show Sunday night will help the single, but she has alienated a lot of people with her "blow up the white house" speech and people don't forget as those comments are echoed on TV shows and mentioned a lot on the News.

4 minutes ago, Masterpiece said:

The song is stalling around 14 million views because it isn't connecting with a lot of people. You can throw around her age being a factor but the song isn't the greatest for a lead single. The video is good and hopefully the show Sunday night will help the single, but she has alienated a lot of people with her "blow up the white house" speech and people don't forget as those comments are echoed on TV shows and mentioned a lot on the News.

Em troll alert people for moderators ? Quoting whitehouse speech as if it’s any way relevant to anything Madonna has done in years . 

12 minutes ago, Masterpiece said:

You haven’t posted on the forum in literally  FIVE YEARS and felt compelled to come out of the blue to delight us with this subtle trolling? I don’t even know why somebody posting from London IPs is even sympathetic towards that P.O.S. Trump. And your registered email address sounds like some member banned here years ago. Girl, bye. 

1 hour ago, RyanAnth4 said:

Em troll alert people for moderators ? Quoting whitehouse speech as if it’s any way relevant to anything Madonna has done in years . 

👏🏻👍🏻 To the troll alert 

1 hour ago, Masterpiece said:

9767A3AE-C9B4-4235-9E15-535A2B45D5EA.gif

I wonder if some trolls really believe they're being somewhat smooth and not just plain transparent?

4 hours ago, Masterpiece said:

Oh my god, would you just stop? No one remembers that White House comment anymore and please, can we not do this “song is not good for a lead single” crap again? 

4 hours ago, Masterpiece said:

Goodbye Disasterpiece! 🤗

Just now, Rebel Saviour said:

63 now! It's rising so fast!

Rising is great!! Fast rise and then steady before slow slow slow drop!!! 😝😝

2 minutes ago, Rebel Saviour said:

63 now! It's rising so fast!

Is that iTunes? 

How about streamings? 

Anyone gets the streamings number after BMA performance? 

2 minutes ago, Rebel Saviour said:

Us itunes

Great, Hopefully it keeps going up until Thursday midnight which is the cut off date of next week's Hot 100 chart. 

Are we going to get another song and another video this weekend ???

I mean I have to be mentally prepared for this after that glorious BB performance !

2 minutes ago, gugarko said:

Is it the total since its release? Is it worldwide?? 

Worldwide total since release

I've been really depressed by chart performance so far.  I never want to get my hopes up anymore but it's baffling that this catchy song isn't even in the Hot 100 on Billboard or being played on the radio at all.  It's genuinely heartbreaking for me because I see how much work she's put into this.  I hope this performance makes a difference, but I see the bump on iTunes for all the other songs that were performed and most are much higher than Medellin.  Still hanging on to the hope that it catches on against all odds.  I hate to be negative, just a little sad this morning after that spectacular performance... I expected to see top 10 on iTunes at least.

12 minutes ago, Bill said:

I've been really depressed by chart performance so far.  I never want to get my hopes up anymore but it's baffling that this catchy song isn't even in the Hot 100 on Billboard or being played on the radio at all.  It's genuinely heartbreaking for me because I see how much work she's put into this.  I hope this performance makes a difference, but I see the bump on iTunes for all the other songs that were performed and most are much higher than Medellin.  Still hanging on to the hope that it catches on against all odds.  I hate to be negative, just a little sad this morning after that spectacular performance... I expected to see top 10 on iTunes at least.

My sentiments too, I try and try to just enjoy her without worrying about charts but just think it’s all so unfair how this isn’t no.1 everywhere . Then there’s the hard work she puts in , it is sad. 

14 minutes ago, Bill said:

Don't feel bad Bill! There is lots of good news re. streams, views etc BUT most of all everyone is praising the performance! Give it a little more time😊😊

Question 

If we stream I Rise now, do those streams get 'banked' until the album release then all get counted release week towards the sale of the album or do they get counted now to chart individually as singles? 

4 minutes ago, stevo208 said:

Question 

If we stream I Rise now, do those streams get 'banked' until the album release then all get counted release week towards the sale of the album or do they get counted now to chart individually as singles? 

For single now and when the album is out then will count for the album (the same streams) 

150 streams one single 

1500 streams one album 

3 hours ago, Bill said:

It's all about the album and tour. Get several songs out now so when the album comes out, people will pick up the CD. 

It's clear the whole singles market is a disaster area in general. Playlists are just bullshit and streaming is beyond a joke.