STREAMING/SALES strategy and discussion

47 minutes ago, Mensch said:

I doubt it. It’ll go up to the top 30 on iTunes chart and then drop again...idk what it is but nothing helps. USA doesn’t care, no matter what apparently. 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

This makes me sad. M and her team try really hard to push this single, but nothing really happens.

7 hours ago, Kim said:

If you haven't bothered to fork out the one quid/buck as a show of support for Madonna's latest single, then you really have no place in these sales/streaming threads imo.

I think many of us pre-ordered the album instead of buying Medellin separately, and when this happens the sales should count towards single sales. I think this needs to change since you pay $1.29 right away when you pre-order! it's just messed up.

Well, I realized that later and spent another $1.29 to buy another single.

@Cesky @Mensch @reQuiem4adream

Streams on Spotify are quite steady, she got another 400k to sum up 7,415,836. Monthly listeners have also gone up. Also youtube streams are considerably going up, they stand now at 13, 478,003.

Maybe Medellin will take some time to take off. I'm optimistic about her BBMAs performance tomorrow. At least it should help to take the album to #1 in pre-orders.

Also I Rise comes out on Friday!

Edited by Frozenpower

I am very much optimistic for medellin after bbma and eurovision in particular because the more I listen to it the more I don't understand why it is not in the top ten.

Then I see a video of Lisa Rinna dancing to Beat goes from the hard candy album and see almost everyone asking, is this madonna? What song is this? Is this Madonna's new song? Then I realize that there's a breakdown in communication somewhere. It's not the songs that are bad. For whatever reason people are unaware.

Also please let us be rid of the nobody cares about M anymore. They care about her more than they do anybody. They write about every last thing she does.

It's her years if shoddy management tbh. And a lack of interest on Ms part as well. They knew the money was in touring so they went for it. And good in them. Now she's back enjoying a popstar (in my opinion) bit this song is a grower. And in this streaming age people don't have time for a grower. This era is a success already. Look at mariahs YouTube views. They are nothing in comparison. Shes doing fine.

20 minutes ago, Danmacevents said:

It's her years if shoddy management tbh. And a lack of interest on Ms part as well. They knew the money was in touring so they went for it. And good in them. Now she's back enjoying a popstar (in my opinion) bit this song is a grower. And in this streaming age people don't have time for a grower. This era is a success already. Look at mariahs YouTube views. They are nothing in comparison. Shes doing fine.

Exactly and it seems like Madonna is HUNGRY again, I predict huge promo from now until mid June when the album drops

1 hour ago, Jeby said:

I am very much optimistic for medellin after bbma and eurovision in particular because the more I listen to it the more I don't understand why it is not in the top ten.

Then I see a video of Lisa Rinna dancing to Beat goes from the hard candy album and see almost everyone asking, is this madonna? What song is this? Is this Madonna's new song? Then I realize that there's a breakdown in communication somewhere. It's not the songs that are bad. For whatever reason people are unaware.

Also please let us be rid of the nobody cares about M anymore. They care about her more than they do anybody. They write about every last thing she does.

Beat Goes On should have been a single. It's a really tragedy that it wasn't. That aside, yes, there's been a major disconnect with her modern music and the general public. If people hear it, they would like it. Her management just did a terrible job of marketing her music to the general population these past 10 years or so. Including her music in TV and movies would have helped. It's the best way since MTV and radio support are non-existent. How else are people supposed to be exposed to her music?

Taylor Swift has released 5 physical versions of her new single, 3 7” vinyl with alternate cover art, a CD single and a 12” picture disc. Each also come with a digital download. Imagine if we got that for Medellín, there’s an easy load of sales right there. Madonna fans buy physicals, such a missed opportunity...

6 hours ago, Mensch said:

I doubt it. It’ll go up to the top 30 on iTunes chart and then drop again...idk what it is but nothing helps. USA doesn’t care, no matter what apparently. 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

YDK what it is? I know. It's about H.

2 hours ago, Bretticus said:

Taylor Swift has released 5 physical versions of her new single, 3 7” vinyl with alternate cover art, a CD single and a 12” picture disc. Each also come with a digital download. Imagine if we got that for Medellín, there’s an easy load of sales right there. Madonna fans buy physicals, such a missed opportunity...

Awful missed opportunity indeed.

She is on the Spotify 2019 Bilboard Music Awards playlist so hopefully streaming will increase.

Does anyone know how the order for the playlist is determined?

On the Pop up playlist Taylor Swift's song had been at the top but she has now dropped to 13. 

Beyonce's Before I left you (which was released around the same time as Medellin) is at 12.

Medellin is now at 3 (behind the Jonas Brothers and Alok)

Is the order determined by the number of daily streams?

1 hour ago, rekha said:

Does anyone know how the order for the playlist is determined?

On the Pop up playlist Taylor Swift's song had been at the top but she has now dropped to 13. 

Beyonce's Before I left you (which was released around the same time as Medellin) is at 12.

Medellin is now at 3 (behind the Jonas Brothers and Alok)

Is the order determined by the number of daily streams?

The order is determined by a lot of different factors:

• How many people skip the track before the end of the song?
  • How many people save the track to their favourite songs?
  • How many people go back and listen to the song again?
  • How many people add the track to their own playlists?
  • How many people go to the song radio?
  • How many people go to the artist profile?
  • How many people share the track from within the Spotify app?

For some Spotify Official playlists, the track order is determined by an algorithm. For other Spotify Official playlists, the order is manually decided by human playlist curators.

Just now, Msig said:

The order is determined by a lot of different factors:

• How many people skip the track before the end of the song?
  • How many people save the track to their favourite songs?
  • How many people go back and listen to the song again?
  • How many people add the track to their own playlists?
  • How many people go to the song radio?
  • How many people go to the artist profile?
  • How many people share the track from within the Spotify app?

For some Spotify Official playlists, the track order is determined by an algorithm. For other Spotify Official playlists, the order is manually decided by human playlist curators.

Thank you for this answer 😍

I didn't realize there were so many factors at play.

3 minutes ago, rekha said:

Thank you for this answer 😍

I didn't realize there were so many factors at play.

And that's probably just some of the factors. Spotify also monitors how each song performs in different regions and at different hours of day, and the names of the playlists people add it to.

1 minute ago, Msig said:

And that's probably just some of the factors. Spotify also monitors how each song performs in different regions and at different hours of day, and the names of the playlists people add it to.

The fact she is number 3 on the Pop up playlist and number 1 on the BBMA one is a good thing then?

Whatever the algorithm or reason!

do u all think when "Crave" feat Swae lee and "Future" feat Quavo are released on May 10, 17 will get a lot of streams because Swae Lee and Quavo are prominent hip hop acts now ?

songs by hip hop, rap acts get a lot of streams by teenagers and college students who are hip hop, rap fans.

I'm hoping those 2 songs will chart on Hot 100

Edited by metalissimo
Info

10 hours ago, frzndrwnwrld said:

Beat Goes On should have been a single. 

This! Instead we got the Nintendo Music sounding GI2M. BGO was sublime!!!!

2 hours ago, Kilt said:

TRue! The real FIRST SINGLE!

2 hours ago, Kilt said:

Don't get me started on Madonna always picking the wrong singles. How Beautiful Scars was not a single from Rebel Heart remains a mystery to me. Or even Heartbreak City.

4 hours ago, metalissimo said:

do u all think when "Crave" feat Swae lee and "Future" feat Quavo are released on May 10, 17 will get a lot of streams because Swae Lee and Quavo are prominent hip hop acts now ?

songs by hip hop, rap acts get a lot of streams by teenagers and college students who are hip hop, rap fans.

I'm hoping those 2 songs will chart on Hot 100

Has this been confirmed or just wishful thinking? 

7 minutes ago, Intervention_78 said:

Has this been confirmed or just wishful thinking? 

Don't forget Champagne Rose, it did nothing on streaming even if it's a Quavo track...

3 minutes ago, mtzlplk said:

Don't forget Champagne Rose, it did nothing on streaming even if it's a Quavo track...

True....hopefully that won't be the case for these singles IF the rumor is true and they get release on those dates.