STREAMING/SALES strategy and discussion

🙏 Please keep on adding a comment or two to Medellin video today and tomorrow! And spend time liking comments please!!! It is very important. More people will discover the video after the Wednesday performance and we want to have new and old comments at the top for anyone viewing it for the first time that are positive. 🙏💖💖

You can copy and paste some of mine old ones from Thursday/Friday since i have at least a hundred, you can recognize them by the amount of emojis used. 🙂 🙏

1 hour ago, metalissimo said:

Aren't there at least 25.000 Madonna fans in the US who would buy Medellin on iTunes? 

How come the digital sales are very low? 

Why do you keep posting the same thing over and over despite people already explaining it to you? For the 100th time, the once healthy digital sales market has eroded a lot over the years. Much less people buy digital songs nowadays. Most people consume their music now through streaming. 

Do all streams in spotify count towards the overall sales of the album when it comes in June 14? I see that Springsteen's album is ahead in pre-orders in US iTunes, but I see he barely has streams in Spotify. I imagine that Madonna can still get a #1 if she continues with big streaming sales overall right?

10 minutes ago, Frozenpower said:

Do all streams in spotify count towards the overall sales of the album when it comes in June 14? I see that Springsteen's album is ahead in pre-orders in US iTunes, but I see he barely has streams in Spotify. I imagine that Madonna can still get a #1 if she continues with big streaming sales overall right?

I don't believe streams before the album is released will count. Once it is released, yes they will. But streaming is likely to be quite low for both Madonna and Bruce, even though her's might be a bit higher. 

Over 13 million views on YouTube now!!🎉🎉

Hopefully the audio will hit 8 million today

Regarding streams and chart position, this is directly from Billboard magazine.

Beginning with the first week of Nielsen’s third quarter of 2018 (sales and streaming week of June 29 to July 5, which will be reflected on Billboard charts dated July 14), plays on paid subscription-based services (such as Apple Music and Amazon Music) or on the paid subscription tiers of hybrid paid/ad-supported platforms (such as Spotify and SoundCloud) will be given more weight in chart calculations than plays on ad-supported services (such as YouTube) or on the non-paid tiers of hybrid paid/ad-supported services.

Billboard will have multiple weighted tiers of streaming plays for the Hot 100, which take into account paid subscription streams (representing a full point value per play), ad-supported streams (representing a 2/3-point value per play) and programmed streams (representing a 1/2-point value per play). Those values are then applied to the chart’s formula alongside all-genre radio airplay and digital song sales data. Streaming remains the most dominant factor on the chart, followed by radio airplay and digital sales in descending order of significance.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/8427967/billboard-changes-streaming-weighting-hot-100-billboard-200

There was an article that stated Billboard was nowhere near it’s a prime and a mess as it is being run today. It’s a dated publication with compounded confusing algorithms. In addition I could care less what is on radio because I already know those pop 5 songs by heart. I am grateful to enjoy new music...not rehash, songbook, oldies as newbies shite but new music from a living legend that still gets the press she deserves. Hell with charts just give me the music 🎼 

38 minutes ago, Steve said:

There was an article that stated Billboard was nowhere near it’s a prime and a mess as it is being run today. It’s a dated publication with compounded confusing algorithms. In addition I could care less what is on radio because I already know those pop 5 songs by heart. I am grateful to enjoy new music...not rehash, songbook, oldies as newbies shite but new music from a living legend that still gets the press she deserves. Hell with charts just give me the music 🎼 

Exactly u took the words right out of my mouth. 🔥

1 hour ago, Cesky said:

I don't believe streams before the album is released will count. Once it is released, yes they will. But streaming is likely to be quite low for both Madonna and Bruce, even though her's might be a bit higher. 

Thank you for clarifying. I hope her BBMAs performance really help with streams in general. I also think that the Eurovision performance will do wonders, I didn't know it reaches an audience of up to 183 million viewers! Do you know what other artists have performed in the contest in the past? And did it help at all?

By the way, she just posted on her IG a #medellinchachachachallenge. She will upload the best videos on her account. She's really trying!

These kind of challenges have worked out for other artists, let's see how it turns out.

37 minutes ago, Frozenpower said:

I also think that the Eurovision performance will do wonders, I didn't know it reaches an audience of up to 183 million viewers! Do you know what other artists have performed in the contest in the past? And did it help at all?

The songs actually competing in the Eurovision Song Contest rarely become major pan-European hits, but some do, including the following:

The interval acts are usually from the host country. The only time a major act with no relation to the host country did the interval act was in 2016, when Justin Timberlake debuted "Can't Stop the Feeling!" - it ended up becoming the biggest hit of his career.

12 minutes ago, imakicola said:

UGH. Last time: LIONEL RITCHIE. and now BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN??? this is an abomination. Absolutely ridiculous. M shouldn’t be selling less than they are. 

what are u talking about Preorders?  why even judge that in this early stage..  

13 hours ago, Samo said:

Most of Madonna's biggest fans, myself included, don't buy digital singles on iTunes, we buy the  (physical) Album and tour tickets and merchandise etc

If you haven't bothered to fork out the one quid/buck as a show of support for Madonna's latest single, then you really have no place in these sales/streaming threads imo.

2 hours ago, Kim said:

If you haven't bothered to fork out the one quid/buck as a show of support for Madonna's latest single, then you really have no place in these sales/streaming threads imo.

Well I've been streaming it on every platform, song and video nonstop,

I just don't buy digital Music, it they would release  physical singles, I have all 3 from RH...

Sorry, I didn't find the right topic but am I right that she didn't chart on Billboard Hot 100 at all? How is that possible. Even Taylor's new song debuted at 100, which was released on Friday, so I don't understand how is that possible.

7 minutes ago, DanM said:

Sorry, I didn't find the right topic but am I right that she didn't chart on Billboard Hot 100 at all? How is that possible. Even Taylor's new song debuted at 100, which was released on Friday, so I don't understand how is that possible.

It doesn't  have enough streams coming from the USA, it hasn't been played on the radio at all and people didn't purchase digital single. 

50 minutes ago, DanM said:

TS had a deal with radio, midnight release, continous play, banners and social media, media outlets and GMA (she hardly does interviews) so.....and a return to her pre-reputation(flop by TS numbers) mainstream pop

Do you think that after the performance at BBMAs, Medellin will start picking up on radio or getting more US streams? It's being said that it will be a fantastic performance. I hope it does!

Edited by Frozenpower

13 minutes ago, Frozenpower said:

Do you think that after the performance at BBMAs, Medellin will start picking up on radio or getting more US streams? It's being said that it will be a fantastic performance. I hope it does!

Streams, yes! Airplay, wouldn't hold my breath

Hopefully they get the performance up on YouTube immediately 

10 hours ago, imakicola said:

UGH. Last time: LIONEL RITCHIE. and now BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN??? this is an abomination. Absolutely ridiculous. M shouldn’t be selling less than they are. 

MDNA #1 with 359k

Lionel #2 with 199k

1 hour ago, Frozenpower said:

I doubt it. It’ll go up to the top 30 on iTunes chart and then drop again...idk what it is but nothing helps. USA doesn’t care, no matter what apparently. 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

12 hours ago, Frozenpower said:

By the way, she just posted on her IG a #medellinchachachachallenge. She will upload the best videos on her account. She's really trying!

These kind of challenges have worked out for other artists, let's see how it turns out.

This would be very interesting to watch!

Most Madonna fans tend to buy the product as opposed to streaming it. Also from the last tour, most Madonna fans tend to be anywhere from 35-60. Granted there are younger fans too but we will never get TS like numbers with this album. What we will get is an amazing album that will stand the test of time by a true artist. Then in 30 years TS will attempt something similar with abysmal results. Because you can’t teach authenticity and originality 😉