STREAMING/SALES strategy and discussion

2 minutes ago, Samo said:

I was told about the BILLBOARD performance coming up by my coworkers, about 6 of them at lunch break, who knew I was a big Madonna fan and we're ALL in their late teens/early 20s

That's Gen Z but according to you they never heard of her....

I can't...

I don’t think he means generation Z - he probably meant the Generation born from 2000 onwards who are now 16/18 and attending college/university 

It seems that Medellin is doing well in the UK so far. The song has been steady on iTunes, yesterday it was at #40 and now is #35. One of my friends from there told me she was listening to Madonna on the radio this morning. They are really playing the song.

Also in other European countries like France and Germany is steady at #50, Italy #6 and Spain #17.

8 minutes ago, Frozenpower said:

It seems that Medellin is doing well in the UK so far. The song has been steady on iTunes, yesterday it was at #40 and now is #35. One of my friends from there told me she was listening to Madonna on the radio this morning. They are really playing the song.

Also in other European countries like France and Germany is steady at #50, Italy #6 and Spain #17.

The tough thing is streaming. For example, in the UK last week, Medellin was #32 in sales but then only #87 on the official chart (sales and streaming combined). It's really tough out there. But it's nice to seem the song getting some solid airplay and sales support in Europe. 

For a period of less than 1 week, with 12.6 million views, "Medellín" NOW has more views than Kylie Minogue's "Dancing" which was uploaded in 1 February 2018. 

"Medellín": 12,602,984 

"Dancing": 12,596,683 

Well done! 

Madame X the album is #2 on preorders on US iTunes and Medellín video also remains #2

I donno if US iTunes matter much but it’s nice to see her video staying put in the first rows 

2 minutes ago, Katypatra said:

Madame X the album is #2 on preorders on US iTunes and Medellín video also remains #2

I donno if US iTunes matter much but it’s nice to see her video staying put in the first rows 

Do you know who is #1 in pre-orders? Is it a good thing that she's now #2? Could she still be #1 when the album is out in June?

Well

She's already doing remarkably better than Rebel Heart in that she's managed to keep EVERYTHING under wraps having 100 percent control of everything.  

The song and video are both receiving a lot of praise from fans, the gp and the critics. 

In comparison to her  contemporaries, she's already light years ahead.

Compared to the new girls, they come and go  as usual, but M she's permanent, legendary embedded into history type level-few pop stars can claim that today. 

Every keeps saying that this song is a grower, well lets be patient, love takes time to grow lol. I have a feeling that it could stick around for the long haul.. 

Edited by Andgon144

2 minutes ago, Andgon144 said:

Well

She's already doing remarkably better than Rebel Heart in that she's managed to keep EVERYTHING under wraps having 100 percent control of everything.  

The song and video are both receiving a lot of praise from fans, the gp and the critics. 

Compared to the new girls, they come and go  as usual, but M she's permanent, legendary embedded into history type level-few pop stars can claim that today. 

Every keeps saying that this song is a grower, well lets be patient, love takes time to grow lol. I have a feeling that it could stick around for the long haul.. 

Thank You, I love this, have been saying this for a few weeks now

3 minutes ago, Andgon144 said:

Well

👏 Yes yes! 

29 minutes ago, Frozenpower said:

Do you know who is #1 in pre-orders? Is it a good thing that she's now #2? Could she still be #1 when the album is out in June?

Bruce Springsteen’s new album is #1 in pre-orders

Spoiler

1 hour ago, Frozenpower said:

Yes it’s that annoying Bruce Springsteen guy 

2 hours ago, Katypatra said:

How do we access the pre-orders chart? Is there a link you can provide? :biggrin:

Top 5 Medellín Countries on YT so far:

1. Mexico 3.21m
2. Colombia 2.49m
3. United States 2.24m
4. Brazil 1.39m
4. Spain 1.39m

Thanks to beredy

Apparently, adding songs to your Instagram stories also counts towards the charts! That's what it says in radio 1 newsbeat today about how the PRS paid out more money than ever last year.

7 minutes ago, jonski43 said:

Apparently, adding songs to your Instagram stories also counts towards the charts! That's what it says in radio 1 newsbeat today about how the PRS paid out more money than ever last year.

You're kidding me...

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, Andgon144 said:

Well

Well said in every way. We just need to patient and let it take hold. I imagine after her bb performance, it will really start taking hold. 

1 hour ago, M_Sinner said:

Top 5 Medellín Countries on YT so far:

1. Mexico 3.21m
2. Colombia 2.49m
3. United States 2.24m
4. Brazil 1.39m
4. Spain 1.39m

Thanks to beredy

It shows that this song was more catered to the Latin market, it’s great because it’s paying off.

4 hours ago, Frozenpower said:

She has almost two full months to accumulate her album sales. It should guarantee any #1 spot on Top Album Sales and/or BB 200, unless Springsteen pulls some weird tricks.

1 minute ago, metalissimo said:

So Medellin doesn't even debut on Billboard Bubbling Under chart? 

Thats very sad 

Let's see how the BBMAs impact things!

6 minutes ago, metalissimo said:

Aren't there at least 25.000 Madonna fans in the US who would buy Medellin on iTunes? 

How come the digital sales are very low? 

Digital sales overall are dead and Itunes has become quite irrilevant. People mostly stream these days.

18 minutes ago, metalissimo said:

Aren't there at least 25.000 Madonna fans in the US who would buy Medellin on iTunes? 

How come the digital sales are very low? 

You're like a broken record repeating over and over again 

Most of Madonna's biggest fans, myself included, don't buy digital singles on iTunes, we buy the  (physical) Album and tour tickets and merchandise etc

You're complaining about her not having 25, 000 people buying the new song on iTunes but she'll probably sell at least 1 million tickets in the US alone for her upcoming tour

What's more important?

Hmmm....