STREAMING/SALES strategy and discussion

2 hours ago, Logan said:

Ok! The YouTube playlist has been playing nonstop on my laptop all day! Not muted, but with my speakers turned all the way down. 

I've been playing the audio video as well. It's a shorter video, and it only includes the song. I can listen to it from start to finish. And it refreshes more quickly.

Of course, the longer the actual MV is on the trending list the better. So it's higher in the list of priorities.

@rekha

I think it will. And I do believe that after her performance the song will get many more streams. I am very curious about Wed, it looks like something very promising is coming up. One of Maluma's posts says it is just the beginning, then M says in one of her recent IG posts that she is working on something special for us! I wonder what that is...🤔

Edited by Frozenpower

2 hours ago, Logan said:

Ok! The YouTube playlist has been playing nonstop on my laptop all day! Not muted, but with my speakers turned all the way down. 

looped and constantly playing all day long!

17 minutes ago, Logan said:

I just found this playlist on YouTube and started playing it on repeat...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAxNaLAR2to&list=PL7KcL25WIawjBTBxH7od1iBm6thiqKd8W&index=1

5 hours ago, dollhouse said:

Youre joking right? If not, take a fucking pill.

ikr? What the hell is going on?

2 hours ago, Logan said:

I'm not sure if a playlist with just two songs will get marked as spam, but keep looping! Anyway, if you're on chrome, you can right click at the tab and click Mute site. You can now use your speakers to watch movie or listen to some other music.

1 hour ago, Frozenpower said:

@rekha

I think it will. And I do believe that after her performance the song will get many more streams. I am very curious about Wed, it looks like something very promising is coming up. One of Maluma's posts says it is just the beginning, then M says in one of her recent IG posts that she is working on something special for us! I wonder what that is...🤔

I hope they surprise us with the snippet of Bitch, I'm Loca. We'll see!

I'm always streaming on the Pop Up playlist which means Ariana's 7 rings keeps playing next  and then I spend the rest of the day with the Julie Andrew's version in my head😂😂😂

48 minutes ago, reQuiem4adream said:

I'm not sure if a playlist with just two songs with get marked as spam, but keep looping! Anyway, if you're on chrome, you can right click at the tab and click Mute site. You can now use your speakers to watch movie or listen to some other music.

True. I'll stick with the other one just to be safe and loop that one.

2 hours ago, Frozenpower said:

Medellin is currently at #177 on USA iTunes. I hope the upcoming performance really helps!

I don’t understand how there is 176 songs selling ahead of Madonna?? That is staggering, even with age, radio etc etc it’s still freaking Madonna, top 50 yes but 177 what is up with that, are there possibly two or three sales between each placing, I don’t get it. Particularly when it’s so huge on YouTube, in the news, just doesn’t make sense. Something doesn’t add up I just find that implausible.

21 minutes ago, Who Is That Girl? said:

I don’t understand how there is 176 songs selling ahead of Madonna?? That is staggering, even with age, radio etc etc it’s still freaking Madonna, top 50 yes but 177 what is up with that, are there possibly two or three sales between each placing, I don’t get it. Particularly when it’s so huge on YouTube, in the news, just doesn’t make sense. Something doesn’t add up I just find that implausible.

I agree. How many people HOW MANY PEOPLE can be buying shallow every single day for over a year. I mean seriously. I don’t wanna make it about Gaga but I just don’t get it...how can it not stay somewhere in the top 100 even...is NO ONE buying it AT ALL except for all of us who bought it first week? 

2 minutes ago, Mensch said:

I agree. How many people HOW MANY PEOPLE can be buying shallow every single day for over a year. I mean seriously. I don’t wanna make it about Gaga but I just don’t get it...how can it not stay somewhere in the top 100 even...is NO ONE buying it AT ALL except for all of us who bought it first week? 

I know right?? I feel like something shady is going on behind the scenes? I know it’s not but wtf is her market can’t be that dead.. Do Guy and the team freak out or do they know something we don’t, the YouTube views don’t equate to the low sales, understated iTunes means nothing and everyone criticises but they are still representative only smaller scale. 

5 minutes ago, imakicola said:

Blame it on the Gen Z’s. many of them haven’t heard of Madonna. 

Then I blame Guy and Madonna for making bad business decisions in 2007 they truely traded commercial record success for touring success. They signed a deal with the devil and essentially made a trade. There must be a big elephant in the room when someone mentions charts in there presence 😂 I am being facetious BTW.

Edited by Who Is That Girl?

13 minutes ago, Mensch said:

Hi @Mensch there is also a very concerning article when you google M news by Liberty Voice, it’s a big write up about the Medellín  singles sales performance and could Madame X be Ms worst performing album, I won’t post as I don’t want it to get traction but the GP buy into it because they don’t understand how low singles sales for everyone actually are and all they read is Madonna and her current performance. I don’t understand any of it anymore somethings not adding up.

9 hours ago, Katypatra said:

So when I see comments like “nobody cares about Madonna”

Dear Katypatra, 

1. Even by merely writing such a statement, can piss me off (although obviously you wanted to bring a positive point with it). NO to even a SHRED of negativity, please. Have not we seen enough of them. 

2. The "Medellín" video has 50k comments now, so obviously people care about her

Thanks 

5 minutes ago, Crystal Coffin said:

Dear Katypatra, 

1. Even by merely writing such a statement, can piss me off (although obviously you wanted to bring a positive point with it). NO to even a SHRED of negativity, please. Have not we seen enough of them. 

2. The "Medellín" video has 50k comments now, so obviously people care about her

Thanks 

This

3 hours ago, Crystal Coffin said:

Dear Katypatra, 

Thanks 

Ummmm, I’m a bit confused here. Why did you take my comment out of context like that? I am the least person to be negative about anything when it comes to Madonna. My post was in reference to a guy on here who got banned for making that comment, BOTH YOU AND I HATE! So you need to calm down! 

I dont get it either. She has 13.5 million followers on Instagram. She's Madonna!! She's in every paper always! Big awards shows coming up. How does this not reflect in sales. Her tours sell. And they are never greatest hits tours. It's so confusing. 

35 minutes ago, Katypatra said:

Ummmm, I’m a bit confused here. Why did you take my comment out of context like that? I am the least person to be negative about anything when it comes to Madonna. My post was in reference to a guy on here who got banned for making that comment, BOTH YOU AND I HATE! So you need to calm down! 

Read my post again, which contains the adverb "merely". I perfectly understand your context. You wanted to go FUCK OFF to anyone who tried to downplay Madonna's relevance and yes, that is a positive thing, I did acknowledge that. But you still typed (again, TYPED) the WORDS "nobody cares about Madonna" there. EVEN THAT, I don't like seeing it written on this forum at all although obviously you don't feel that way about Madonna.

This is an extreme case of me wanting to avoid even AN ATOM OF NEGATIVITY in regard to Madonna. 

8 minutes ago, Crystal Coffin said:

Read my post again, which contains the adverb "merely". I perfectly understand your context. You wanted to go FUCK OFF to anyone who tried to downplay Madonna's relevance and yes, that is a positive thing, I did acknowledge that. But you still typed (again, TYPED) the WORDS "nobody cares about Madonna" there. EVEN THAT, I don't like seeing it written on this forum at all although obviously you don't feel that way about Madonna.

This is an extreme case of me wanting to avoid even AN ATOM OF NEGATIVITY in regard to Madonna. 

Even though I get what you’re trying to say, but I only quoted the guy once, yet you had the need to drag this on... you kinda typed that phrase out like two times already, one time in bold letters... 

A034C794-F97B-4689-B36E-62B8368739C4.gif

Rammstein got 12 mil views in 2 days, that Becky girl & Maluma video got 40 mil in 7 days, Medellin is just not a strong choice and it's not a straight-forward hit with catchy chorus, I can't wait to see the performance and the video for the second single ❤️

1 minute ago, Katypatra said:

Even though I get what you’re trying to say, but I only quoted the guy once, yet you had the need to drag this on... you kinda typed that phrase out like two times already, one time in bold letters... 

A034C794-F97B-4689-B36E-62B8368739C4.gif

The cunt has been banned so it's all good now! 

YOUTUBE CHARTS (APRIL 19 -25)

#86 with 6.7 M WORLDWIDE  (IN 2 DAYS: APRIL 24/25)
source: https://charts.youtube.com/charts/TopVideos/global

MEXICO = 1.13M
COLOMBIA = 746K
ARGENTINA = 394K
ESPAÑA = 378K
ITALIA = 269K
CHILE = 177K
ECUADOR = 140K
CANADA = 91K
PORTUGAL = 63.7K
GUATEMALA = 61.2K
URUGUAY = 36.8K