STREAMING/SALES strategy and discussion

Just now, Sideris said:

sorry didn't know that 

Neither did I until a coupla days ago! I've been reading far too much about charts/streaming the last week!

7 minutes ago, Sideris said:

10.175.657 on my computer 10 minutes ago 

10.200.776 now

oh great! it just dont show here yet.

i hope 12m when i woke. Latin world will give it a huge boost durin the night..

17 minutes ago, Kim said:

Neither did I until a coupla days ago! I've been reading far too much about charts/streaming the last week!

but the loopiing works, does it?? :lol: 

gonna plug in my headphones into my laptop and put them aside

3 hours ago, Samo said:

It's Good for a legendary Artist over 50 that radio doesn't play and whose most fans don't but digital singles

Keep that in mind

Madonna's comparisons to her CURRENT work are too Springsteen, Streisand etc NOT Gags

People forget that

Exactly. The fact that those cretins are bothering to take the time out of their schedule of being desperate, self loathing, messy bottoms and online trolling to even bother to check Madonna's numbers really says it all. 

I wonder if they were monitoring Cyndi Lauper, Belinda Carlisle or Paula Abdul's latest numbers sooooo closely?? Hmmm

They're pressed as always......as they should be, not because of the numbers though but because of.....well, EVERYTHING else really.

4 hours ago, elijah said:

I went to Gorgon Daily and those monstrosities are so happy (well most of them) that Medellín sold 5000 first week, ignoring the fact it’s basically for 1 day. However those sales still sound bad. Or do    they? Maybe most preordered the album and then got Medellín without it counting as a sale until the release of the album?

4 hours ago, stevo208 said:

It's not for 1 day. It's for the whole week. The one day sales were counted in the previous chart week so this is the first full week.of sales 

It's for two days of streaming and sales and five days of airplay. Article here: https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/8508783/madonna-maluma-medellin-debuts-hot-latin-songs-chart 

"Released April 17, “Medellin,” debuts with two days of sales and streaming activity and five days of airplay."

44 minutes ago, iamme said:

Cardi B sings along Medellín 👏 good promotions 

Yes that is good! 🤙

2 hours ago, Genevieve Vavance said:

but the loopiing works, does it?? :lol: 

gonna plug in my headphones into my laptop and put them aside

Or turn your laptop's volume completely off

14 hours ago, Je5u5 said:

A multicultural multilingual song in Eurovision... where multicultural and multilingual is expected... how is it not a good fit?

Yeah, maybe you are right. The winners of the past couple of years were very diverse, not only culturally but also musically.

I absolutely love Medellín, but it is a grower song. Its success lies in the second/third/fourth listen. At Eurovision you need a song that gets people hooked at the very first listen

JLo feat French Montana - Medicine was released 7 Apr 2019. Almost 3 weeks ago and has about 16 million views. The video only has 16,900 comments and 258K like 29K dislikes.

Medellin was released 4 days ago and has almost 11 million views. The video has 45,600 comments though and 370K likes and 96K dislikes.

People can talk all the shit they want but she still has their attention and provokes a reaction.

1 minute ago, Napoléon said:

JLo feat French Montana - Medicine was released 7 Apr 2019. Almost 3 weeks ago and has about 16 million views. The video only has 16,900 comments and 258K like 29K dislikes.

Medellin was released 4 days ago and has almost 11 million views. The video has 45,600 comments though and 370K likes and 96K dislikes.

People can talk all the shit they want but she still has their attention and provokes a reaction.

Actually it was released THREE days ago

Damn, it's trending at #9 on YouTube!

And don't get me wrong, I love it! But it was at #36 on the morning, which makes this... interesting. On the other hand, Katy Perry's Bon Appetit, a song released two years ago, was #2 yesterday without any promotion.

I really don't know how those algorithms are working, tbh.

25 minutes ago, AlvaroLiam said:

Damn, it's trending at #9 on YouTube!

And don't get me wrong, I love it! But it was at #36 on the morning, which makes this... interesting. On the other hand, Katy Perry's Bon Appetit, a song released two years ago, was #2 yesterday without any promotion.

I really don't know how those algorithms are working, tbh.

Katy Perry got a boost because it was being suggested after Taylor's new video.

2 hours ago, impr3ssive_instant said:

more evidence that youtube, spotify, etc. basically decide what's a hit and what isn't based on what they show people. just like radio and mtv did back in the day. 

10 hours ago, Sideris said:

sorry didn't know that 

mute your actual computer, just not the volume inside the youtube video settings right?

That works, right?

6 hours ago, impr3ssive_instant said:

The system is rigged. And the fact that Ms video mysteriously stals for hours..

10 hours ago, headonfire said:

It's for two days of streaming and sales and five days of airplay. Article here: https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/8508783/madonna-maluma-medellin-debuts-hot-latin-songs-chart 

"Released April 17, “Medellin,” debuts with two days of sales and streaming activity and five days of airplay."

I was responding to the UK chart placing.

14 hours ago, elijah said:

Really? Omg! And how much did it sell the first week? Uou! That’s bad I think. Where is her USA fans? It doesn’t look like they bought it. I mean she still has 100 000 hard core fans I would assume. And where r Maluma fans?

I thought you were referring to the 5k sales in the uk

12 hours ago, Sideris said:

put this playlist on your laptop/computer muted if you want 

clever!!!! I am doing it!!!!

2 hours ago, Logan said:

mute your actual computer, just not the volume inside the youtube video settings right?

That works, right?

It should work. I really don’t know how YT could detect the actual volume settings of your device. It’s a different thing if you mute the actual video on their site.