STREAMING/SALES strategy and discussion

8 minutes ago, Je5u5 said:

A multicultural multilingual song in Eurovision... where multicultural and multilingual is expected... how is it not a good fit?

Yeah I'm not sure why everyone keeps saying Medellin is not a good song for Eurovision? Her live performances are always great regardless of what she sings. I feel like she will overshadow all the contestants regardless. Two new songs from the album will be awesome. I feel like it will be "I Rise" as that's the next song to be released on iTunes.

1 minute ago, Mensch said:

I just saw pink has 20 million with walk me home and it came out a month ago. So ok numbers seem better than I considered 

👏👏

I would also prefer another song in Eurovision .. we'll see .. and make it clear that I like Medellin !, but as you say in Eurovision I fit another type of song

30 minutes ago, Je5u5 said:

A multicultural multilingual song in Eurovision... where multicultural and multilingual is expected... how is it not a good fit?

99% of the songs are in english, and none of them sounds with a non radio friendly sound: maybe that Potuguish song that won a couple of years ago, and that´s it.eurovision is not multicultural

5 minutes ago, Frozenpower said:

So Taylor will be performing and opening the ceremony at the BBMas. Do you know if Madonna will then close the ceremony? I hope so.

Billboard posted something about Madonna closing the show. I cant seem to find it but people were talking about it on UKmix.

44 minutes ago, Je5u5 said:

Musically it’s a good fit IF Maluma is there to perform with her. A solo version with Maluma on a screen singing half the song wouldn’t work well at all, what is she going to do during his verses? 

1 minute ago, Bretticus said:

Musically it’s a good fit IF Maluma is there to perform with her. A solo version with Maluma on a screen singing half the song wouldn’t work well at all, what is she going to do during his verses? 

I honestly don't think she'll perform Medellin, I think she will focus on other songs to promote the album, but who knows it can be unpredictable.

17 minutes ago, Frozenpower said:

I honestly don't think she'll perform Medellin, I think she will focus on other songs to promote the album, but who knows it can be unpredictable.

I hope she promotes several songs from this album and not just Medellín. 

1 hour ago, Frozenpower said:

So Taylor will be performing and opening the ceremony at the BBMas. Do you know if Madonna will then close the ceremony? I hope so.

Good, i can do the dishes and spend less electrisity before Madonna.

I think she will perform "I Rise" at the Eurovision Song Contest... on the description stands that its an anthem... and "I Rise" sounds like a typical gay-song with a message - perfect for the ESC, haha...

maybe its the song with the drags and after the song release ( 3th may) she will release the video a week later?!

16 minutes ago, promise to try said:

wasn´t this video supposed to be also like a painting? do they have the same directors? (LFL and Medellin)

Not the same, LFL was directed by Julien Choquart and Camille Hirigoyen. Medellín by Spanish photographer Diana Kunst.

7 minutes ago, simone.zedda said:

So if Madonna will realize 3 songs before the realize of the album on 14 june nothing of these songs will be a Hit! 

I seriously don’t like this idea. It feels like RH all over again. It kills the momentum and surprise factor of the album release. 

9 minutes ago, Flip The Switch said:

Not the same, LFL was directed by Julien Choquart and Camille Hirigoyen. Medellín by Spanish photographer Diana Kunst.

It’s very obvious the directors are different. Lfl has one of her dullest videos, while Medellín is among her best.

17 minutes ago, Flip The Switch said:

I seriously don’t like this idea. It feels like RH all over again. It kills the momentum and surprise factor of the album release. 

Everyone's doing this.

It builds momentum for the album.

Don't listen and keep it a surprise for yourself if you don't like it. That's what I'm doing to preserve the whole album experience 

5 minutes ago, stevo208 said:

Everyone's doing this.

It builds momentum for the album.

Don't listen and keep it a surprise for yourself if you don't like it. That's what I'm doing to preserve the whole album experience 

Yep, that’s what I’m doing too. :old:

Almost 10 million views !! 👍🙏

Screenshot_2019-04-27-17-47-40.jpg

I went to Gorgon Daily and those monstrosities are so happy (well most of them) that Medellín sold 5000 first week, ignoring the fact it’s basically for 1 day. However those sales still sound bad. Or do    they? Maybe most preordered the album and then got Medellín without it counting as a sale until the release of the album?

12 minutes ago, elijah said:

I went to Gorgon Daily and those monstrosities are so happy (well most of them) that Medellín sold 5000 first week, ignoring the fact it’s basically for 1 day. However those sales still sound bad. Or do    they? Maybe most preordered the album and then got Medellín without it counting as a sale until the release of the album?

It's Good for a legendary Artist over 50 that radio doesn't play and whose most fans don't but digital singles

Keep that in mind

Madonna's comparisons to her CURRENT work are too Springsteen, Streisand etc NOT Gags

People forget that

13 minutes ago, elijah said:

They r jealous since their Idol cant make any music that matters.

2 minutes ago, Samo said:

It's Good for a legendary Artist over 50 that radio doesn't play and whose most fans don't but digital singles

Keep that in mind

Madonna's comparisons to her CURRENT work are too Springsteen, Streisand etc NOT Gags

People forget that

Ok and how does it compare to latest Streisand and Springsteen? And aren’t they older? Maybe we should compare her to Mariah and Janet sales?

1 minute ago, elijah said:

Ok and how does it compare to latest Streisand and Springsteen? And aren’t they older? Maybe we should compare her to Mariah and Janet sales?

Those r local acts. Madonna is a worldwide megastar.

3 minutes ago, dollhouse said:

They r jealous since their Idol cant make any music that matters.

Gagas music is shit and has been a shit from day one. Yet she still manages to lie to some deluded gays and convince them rara ulala is a masterpiece of songwriting.