STREAMING/SALES strategy and discussion

44 minutes ago, leeagainstthemusic said:

Her success in America is dead in the water. She needs to concentrate on her European audience who still appreciate her 

She has HUGE success with this single in Colombia, Mexico, Argentina, Brazil.

And even in USA Latin market.

53 minutes ago, leeagainstthemusic said:

Her success in America is dead in the water. She needs to concentrate on her European audience who still appreciate her 

No, its not, it just hasn't been her focus in recent years, she doesn't live there anymore, Americans are very patriotic, as is Madonna but she never used that too her advantage, Madonna has had a European sensibility since 1992, this is when her relationship with the US started changing, US loves a darling and Madonna will be no ones darling. I do believe if she wanted to be loved by the US market she would saturate and play to it, I doubt she ever will, she is no less popular in the US than any of her contempararies.

6 minutes ago, mimimong said:

report taylor swift's new video on youtube so we can get it taken down

Ha, ha, but what we can do is add her video to your short video playlist you play on repeat (should not be longer than 4 songs), so Medellin starts appearing as a video options to her video!!! 🙂

in usa against Taylor there is nothing to do ...

It's sad but it's reality, they have never valued Madonna 😡

they adore Gaga, Beyonce, Taylor ... as they did with Houston, Carey..

they have always belittled Madonna

Just turned on Radio 2 in the UK on the offchance that they might play it... and low and behold it came on with Ken Bruce saying its next weeks record of the week. Sounds great on the radio..

2 hours ago, leeagainstthemusic said:

Not true with album or ticket sales like Streisand and Springsteen for instance

. singles,,, yes, like every over 60 artist whose ever lived in the history of music

I mean Madonna is the oldest female act to hit the Billboard Hot 100 in the US with BIM

40 minutes ago, rebelgirl said:

USA loves them safe, weak and anonymous without personality.

Still Madge is the highest selling female Artist.

1 hour ago, metalissimo said:

let's guess at what # Medellin will debut on Hot 100 next Monday.

My guess is around no. 70s

Ill be sad if Medellin doesn't debut on Hot 100 not even Bubbling Under

Have no idea. Released in wednesday is cutting her numbers for the tracking week.

I stopped listening to contemporary music somewhere last year,

the last song I stanned for was Ariana's No tears left to cry

here in Germany and Austria it's especially shit, with all dem faux gangsta rappers (emphasis on faux)

nobody gives a fuck about music anymore (it seems to me)

22 minutes ago, Titty said:

Just turned on Radio 2 in the UK on the offchance that they might play it... and low and behold it came on with Ken Bruce saying its next weeks record of the week. Sounds great on the radio..

Great news! The UK needs to sit their asses down and listen this and be reminded.

Just now, Genevieve Vavance said:

I stopped listening to contemporary music somewhere last year,

the last song I stanned for was Ariana's No tears left to cry

here in Germany and Austria it's especially shit, with all dem faux gangsta rappers (emphasis on faux)

nobody gives a fuck about music anymore (it seems to me)

Arianna is shit too. I dont know any of her ditties expect the one with Madge voice.

4 minutes ago, dollhouse said:

Arianna is shit too. I dont know any of her ditties expect the one with Madge voice.

yaaas, the general public don't know these songs on the 'charts'

meanwhile Madonna was in every newspaper yesterday and today because of a simple toe lick

54 minutes ago, rebelgirl said:

Here we go again. What is with this continual put downs of other countries.  Been happening so much lately. 

We are all here to celebrate Madonna, not put down countries and rewrite history. Madonna is an absolute legend in the United States. . 

54 minutes ago, rebelgirl said:

And yet Madonna has sold more albums than anyone you listed in the US, had more #1 albums, more BILLBOARD hits (#2 bb Hot 100 Artist ever), and had bigger selling tours in the US

Odd, isn't ?

The video is still trending in the US in top ten, so there's definitely an interest from the GP. If radios gave a decent amount of spins, this could eventually take off in the long run, especially considering that summer is coming and the song has a summer vibe. I hope that the Monday rumor about a possible release date le real.

5 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Here we go again. What is with this continual put downs of other countries.  Been happening so much lately. 

We are all here to celebrate Madonna, not put down countries and rewrite history. Madonna is an absolute legend in the United States. . 

👏 A much needed reminder.

2 minutes ago, Samo said:

And yet Madonna has sold more albums than anyone you listed in the US, had more #1 albums, more BILLBOARD hits (#2 bb Hot 100 Artist ever), and had bigger selling tours in the US

Odd, isn't ?

The way people ignore how successful Madonna has been worldwide is staggering.  The rewriting of her success in the USA for example and making out she was never that popular is downplaying her career achievements and is doing her a real injustice 

Madonna has the most no. 1s in all Billboard charts, 182 no.1s.

An achievement that cannot be trailed. 

It shows that Madonna is the true legend, an iconic superstar. 

Edited by metalissimo
Info

Of course it is a legend an icon someone has said otherwise?

Now you are going to tell me that in USA they have treated her very well .. never nominated to the Grammy .. while others receive thousands.

the industry has never valued her as an icon like she deserves

it's not that they give her prizes ... it's that they do not even nominate her.

15 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

The way people ignore how successful Madonna has been worldwide is staggering.  The rewriting of her success in the USA for example and making out she was never that popular is downplaying her career achievements and is doing her a real injustice 

Exactly especially by "fans"

Madonna has been RIDICULOUSLY successful in the US since 1983, more successful than even other legends, whose US success is their biggest Country, like Aretha, Cher and Dolly Parton (all of whom never had a #1 Album in the US!)

ITS just that Madonna has even been MORE successful in Europe, Australia, South America, Canada etc

It's crazy, how successful she's been

9 minutes ago, rebelgirl said:

Of course it is a legend an icon someone has said otherwise?

Now you are going to tell me that in USA they have treated her very well .. never nominated to the Grammy .. while others receive thousands.

the industry has never valued her as an icon like she deserves

it's not that they give her prizes ... it's that they do not even nominate her.

Huh?  She has 7 Grammy's out of like 30 nominations,more than Whitney, Cher, Janet, Mariah etc.

1 hour ago, rebelgirl said:

What absurdity is this? Madonna was queen of USA for two decades. If music moved on is nobody's fault, nor USA nor Madonna.