STREAMING/SALES strategy and discussion

There doesn't appear to be any definitive evidence of how Youtube counts plays. IMO it's likely they count an endless loop of replay as 1 play but so long as you are mixing it up and playing different things and appear to be 'active' those plays should count?? To be on the safe side I would let other videos play in between.

27 minutes ago, Supernatural said:

There doesn't appear to be any definitive evidence of how Youtube counts plays. IMO it's likely they count an endless loop of replay as 1 play but so long as you are mixing it up and playing different things and appear to be 'active' those plays should count?? To be on the safe side I would let other videos play in between.

Same here, I picked two Ariana Grande songs that have a  lot of daily views from the world chart yesterday... 🙂 so I know a lot of her viewers will start getting Madonna as a next song suggestion. 🙂

Guest jamesshot

We are all so greedy. How many hits can one person be expected to deliver in one lifetime? And she has tripled that notion. 🙂

Whatever the final outcome on the charts, she has come back.

well it's cut off date for Medellin's first week thursday. and i think the video had a little over 4 million views by that time.

a minor spike in itunes sale at 74 from being out.

I think Madelline will debut on Hot 100 next Monday by amount of streamings and youtube views. 

Bitch Im Madonna debuted at no. 84 on Hot 100 by youtube views only and 0 zero airplay. 

4 hours ago, Dany Targaryen said:

We can only do so much. Only one view per IP is counted. So new people have to watch the vdeo constantly.

It's trending pretty highly now, so it's probably gonna peak this coming week. But Madonna's team have to do their job. And Maluma's audience has to pick up on the song and the video.

I'm optimistic that the song will be a Top 40 hit. Maybe not Top10. But Top40 is already considered a hit, so...

How high did Janet's "Made For Now" go?

Janet Made for Now debuted at no. 88 on Hot 100 and the following week it disappeared, only 1 week on Hot 100. 

1 hour ago, metalissimo said:

I think Madelline will debut on Hot 100 next Monday by amount of streamings and youtube views. 

Bitch Im Madonna debuted at no. 84 on Hot 100 by youtube views only and 0 zero airplay. 

Janet had a whole week of downloads, streams and YouTube views. She released it right when the tracking week began. Not on a Wednesday!

Madonna was removed from major weekly news playlists and she lost about 3 million potential listeners who followed those playlists. From today onwards the daily streamings in spotify will be smaller than usual 😞

4 hours ago, CalinB said:

Jesus, thank you again for your help with the comments above. Can you help me create a congratulatory one as well? Please. Or do you want to post one for 6 mill?

Here is the one I posted for 4 mill.

💥💥💥 Congratulations Madam X on 4,000,000 views less than 1 day!!! 💪💪💪   I am obsessed with this incredibly addictive song 🎶🎶🎶!!! Maluma’s VOICE is everything and stands as the perfect contrast next to Madonna’s... L💘VE... 1, 2 cha-cha-CHA!!! EYEYEY💋

💥💥💥 Felicidades Madame X por llegar a 4,000,000 de vistas en menos de 1 día !!! 💪💪💪 Estoy obsesionado con esta canción increíblemente adictiva 🎶🎶🎶!!! La VOZ de Maluma lo es todo y hace el contraste perfecto junto a la de Madonna... AM💘 el ... 1, 2 cha-cha-CHA!!! AYAYAY 💋

Typing Maluma's voice is everything is SO OUT OF CHARACTER for me LOL. The things you do for love.

54 minutes ago, metalissimo said:

Janet Made for Now debuted at no. 88 on Hot 100 and the following week it disappeared, only 1 week on Hot 100. 

For the #88 debut she moved 20k units and 3.7M streams in the USA...

God knows how many streams of the video, Spotify, Tidal, Amazon, Apple, Pandora and a few sales on iTunes she scored. 

When BIM debuted at #84 they only said that she made 2.7M streams that week, didn’t mention any sales but they most been low maybe around 5-10k.

So she chatted higher than Janet with less streaming, who knows how competitive this week will be.

6 minutes ago, alexis said:

Madonna was removed from major weekly news playlists and she lost about 3 million potential listeners who followed those playlists. From today onwards the daily streamings in spotify will be smaller than usual 😞

Hopefully she will stay on some. She is still on my Popup playlist!

Why on Earth is a Taylor Swift AD featuring a FULL video coming up when I play Medellin?????

4 minutes ago, Je5u5 said:

Why on Earth is a Taylor Swift AD featuring a FULL video coming up when I play Medellin?????

Capital Records is gonna push the hell out of her. I personally don’t mind. Hopefully she dethrones that god awful Old Town Road song. 

OT: Does anyone know if we can get Apple Music numbers? I know she’s doing well in Spotify and I’m curious if it’s the same there.

15 minutes ago, Je5u5 said:

She may hit #1 but she will never be a legend by making a song like any other with full CGI music videos and retweeting children on her twitter

2 hours ago, metalissimo said:

My only concern is how the timing gets cut up by the week due to when these videos and songs get released T_T

2 hours ago, metalissimo said:

Except most of Medellins Youtube views come from Europe and South America not from the United States.   Its streams on Spotify are negligible For the US.

2 minutes ago, dcbyebyebaby said:

Except most of Medellins Youtube views come from Europe and South America not from the United States.  End it streams on Spotify are negligible For the US.

I'm still holding out hope for some kind of placing, be it this week, the week after the BBMAs or the week after Eurovision!!! I'm loving this new era and so am going to optimistic😝😝😝

19 minutes ago, dcbyebyebaby said:

Except most of Medellins Youtube views come from Europe and South America not from the United States.   Its streams on Spotify are negligible For the US.

There was a figure of around 700k YT USA streams for the first few days of the audio only. Can anyone confirm?

19 minutes ago, rekha said:

I'm still holding out hope for some kind of placing, be it this week, the week after the BBMAs or the week after Eurovision!!! I'm loving this new era and so am going to optimistic😝😝😝

I hope they upload the BBMA to YT immediatly.

4 minutes ago, dollhouse said:

There was a figure of around 700k YT USA streams for the first few days of the audio only. Can anyone confirm?

Except the first two days were for last weeks tracking period. So 3/4 of that 700k doesnt count for this week.

21 minutes ago, dollhouse said:

With this song she will always chart higher in Italy, Spain, France, Portugal, Romania, and Latin America countries. The success there will drive if this song will have legs on the charts anyway else.

7 minutes ago, CalinB said:

With this song she will always chart higher in Italy, Spain, France, Portugal, Romania, and Latin America countries. The success there will drive if this song will have legs on the charts anyway else.

Loves it. Many new fans 🤗