STREAMING/SALES strategy and discussion

16 minutes ago, reQuiem4adream said:

Ahem! Most of M's fans don't care for chart, but I do!

This is like her new territory, and she (with Maluma's help) made it to the top! So 3 more #1s for M.

We do but don't have high hope.

4 minutes ago, horn said:

Said the chart loopholes exploiter & fans aka Pariah & lambs :dazed: 

Ugh. I have two spotify accounts; one on my phone, and the other on my PC. I also have Medellin playing on YouTube on my laptop and smart TV. This is too much work already! Should I pay extra for VPN?

8 hours ago, ursula said:
9 hours ago, horn said:

I remember chart-manipulator aka Pariah's lamb once said repeat will not count towards the viewership.

One must "search" the song again in order to be eligible.

All you need to do is open a new private tab on your browser, paste the video url and play it. You don't have to search everytime, just open a new private tab for each play. 

@reQuiem4adream gurl, you need to take note of this.

It's just a frustrating situation because by "Madonna standards" she's doing decently with streaming right now, of course there's basically zero radio airplay, sales of downloads in general are low and there's no physical at this point (not that it'd make a HUGE difference anyways)......so basically all we have to rely on is streaming and generally speaking for Madonna, that's shaky at best. The good news is, between the video streams and streams of the BBMA live performance (those will count right?) I suppose it's possible we haven't seen Medellin reach it's full potential yet in the area of streaming. Seems like it's totally possible streaming numbers in the upcoming 2 wks or so could actually be better than they were when the song dropped last week. 🤞 All we can hope for at that point is that SOME radio stations will begin to pick it up because of it's streaming success. I know we assume an official add date for radio hasn't occurred yet but really, isn't that a technicality at this point?? Obviously radio HAS the song so if they wanted to play, couldn't they do it regardless? If so, Idk why the record company saying "ok, this is the official add date" would make much difference? Not 💯 clear on that part of it. 

This is certainly putting into perspective the challenges that will be faced with solo Madonna singles. Obviously, Medellin being a brand new Madonna song is HUGE in itself but having Maluma on board has undoubtedly helped with the moderately successful streaming we've seen up until now. Such interesting times in terms of what it takes for songs to become a "hit".

13 minutes ago, Kurt420 said:

It's just a frustrating situation because by "Madonna standards" she's doing decently with streaming right now, of course there's basically zero radio airplay, sales of downloads in general are low and there's no physical at this point (not that it'd make a HUGE difference anyways)......so basically all we have to rely on is streaming and generally speaking for Madonna, that's shaky at best. The good news is, between the video streams and streams of the BBMA live performance (those will count right?) I suppose it's possible we haven't seen Medellin reach it's full potential yet in the area of streaming. Seems like it's totally possible streaming numbers in the upcoming 2 wks or so could actually be better than they were when the song dropped last week. 🤞 All we can hope for at that point is that SOME radio stations will begin to pick it up because of it's streaming success. I know we assume an official add date for radio hasn't occurred yet but really, isn't that a technicality at this point?? Obviously radio HAS the song so if they wanted to play, couldn't they do it regardless? If so, Idk why the record company saying "ok, this is the official add date" would make much difference? Not 💯 clear on that part of it. 

This is certainly putting into perspective the challenges that will be faced with solo Madonna singles. Obviously, Medellin being a brand new Madonna song is HUGE in itself but having Maluma on board has undoubtedly helped with the semi-successful streaming we've seen up until now. Such interesting times in terms of what it takes for songs to become a "hit".

My thoughts indeed poppet !!

The song has gained considerable strength all things considered. It must be part of the plan, even if the song streamed 50 million on the first day I don't think they'd be an instruction to radio to play it. Generally speaking online impact has never been Madonnas strong point but this is exactly where her new PR team have started. Maluma has a significant streaming profile and I do believe that attachment has helped her gain the strength she has in the last week with zero promotion and no video.

I do believe they will officially serve the song to radio, it wouldn't make sense if not. But streaming drives the radio these days which means the top streamed songs always get decent airplay.....they obviously have their eyes on the song becoming a top streaming track I think with an epic video, the performance with Maluma at BB and then some additional promo will give it that boost. Perhaps the plan is to serve to radio with/soon after the video tomorrow as the song will be entering the radio space already with some success online.

As I've said before if you look at today's top ten most streamed videos/songs the one thing they all have in common is they are getting played on the radio significantly. Radio reflects the online successes so If Medellin can achieve that online success radio will be driven to play it. This will have significant influence on key radio stations a lot more than Ms army e-mailing them citing agism.

I agree with what you have said some radio stations have played it already without an official serving but being officially served by record companies does still happen it's still a thing so I am hopeful they will send it and have some sort of plan in mind but `Madonna doesn't have the advantage where radio is concerned, but here she may have an advantage online and that's what they are focusing upon. 

At this point I wonder if we have to accept she will never have a successful single again. I dont know if its Medelin fault though, as I think its a huge grower, but it isn't very instant. But Frozen wasn't too I must add. The problem is that the interest span of todays generation is like 3 seconds. Its like impossible to play a song more than once. I dont think M did anything wrong with this: the song is good, interesting, innovative. But is it enough at this point? I d really want to see this take off, but the chances are it won't. What happened? Is it mainly her leaving Warner? Worst choice of her career to be honest.

Still convinced it´s all part of a plan.

Zero spins in the USA is so obviously intended, if they didnt like it they would still play it from time to time, so there would be a few hundred spins. But zero in all the USA? Never.

8 minutes ago, elijah said:

At this point I wonder if we have to accept she will never have a successful single again. I dont know if its Medelin fault though, as I think its a huge grower, but it isn't very instant. But Frozen wasn't too I must add. The problem is that the interest span of todays generation is like 3 seconds. Its like impossible to play a song more than once. I dont think M did anything wrong with this: the song is good, interesting, innovative. But is it enough at this point? I d really want to see this take off, but the chances are it won't. What happened? Is it mainly her leaving Warner? Worst choice of her career to be honest.

Damn millennials ruin everything!

7 minutes ago, Confessit said:

The song has gained considerable strength all things considered. It must be part of the plan, even if the song streamed 50 million on the first day I don't think they'd be an instruction to radio to play it. Generally speaking online impact has never been Madonnas strong point but this is exactly where her new PR team have started. Maluma has a significant streaming profile and I do believe that attachment has helped her gain the strength she has in the last week with zero promotion and no video.

I do believe they will officially serve the song to radio, it wouldn't make sense if not. But streaming drives the radio these days which means the top streamed songs always get decent airplay.....they obviously have their eyes on the song becoming a top streaming track I think with an epic video, the performance with Maluma at BB and then some additional promo will give it that boost. Perhaps the plan is to serve to radio with/soon after the video tomorrow as the song will be entering the radio space already with some success online.

As I've said before if you look at today's top ten most streamed videos/songs the one thing they all have in common is they are getting played on the radio significantly. Radio reflects the online successes so If Medellin can achieve that online success radio will be driven to play it. This will have significant influence on key radio stations a lot more than Ms army e-mailing them citing agism.

I agree with what you have said some radio stations have played it already without an official serving but being officially served by record companies does still happen it's still a thing so I am hopeful they will send it and have some sort of plan in mind but `Madonna doesn't have the advantage where radio is concerned, but here she may have an advantage online and that's what they are focusing upon. 

Nice perspective! Keeps it optimistic. Good point that her team seem to be shooting for online success vs. the traditional route she's done (for the most part) up until now. That's HUGE so hopefully the rest of the pieces will fall into place with that success. Wasn't sure if "official add dates" were still a thing or not as far as radio's permission or initiative to play the song

. I do still think ageism certainly plays some role. I feel like there are many young people that will immediately just roll their eyes in regard to a new Madonna song before they even hear a note of it....then factor in that Medellin at first listen can be challenging (and that's a GREAT thing) so someone already skeptical will just dismiss it at that point. In the old days, that's where radio support would've helped.....can't tell you how many songs I either didn't like or cared less about until I started hearing them consistently.....since anyone can listen to whatever they want whenever they want, that sort of organic growth is very challenging. Agreed though, no need to email radio stations shouting accusations at them.....focus on helping our girl get those streaming numbers up and that will say all that needs to be said! 

50 minutes ago, Confessit said:

About radio play, we need to be patient....  I think M and the team have a guerrilla warfare strategy (hit-and-run tactics). So streaming and video release are fist. Push those to the max,  get these numbers up as much as possible just like any new artist's song would be promoted (she's been gone for too long). Noticed the viewer mining strategy with the Medellin audio, they pushed it wide to find new listeners, which of course also finds haters - thus the 24% dislikes, but also built a base for the song, which will continue to grow (and help with the video release likes). In some Latin countries the song was already pushed to radio.  Next, probably this weekend the remixes will come out and a radio edit version (shorter version). Then her team can make the case by market to radio stations that Medellin has legs and is in demand by sharing the streaming and YouTube numbers (so, keep streaming and watch the video on repeat - and like comments!!!).  It will be pushed to radio stations in some new markets starting next week. Next, Madonna starts making impactful appearances every ware for weeks starting with Billboards Music...

The song takes a couple listens to get into. I agree with the person who said that with millennial attention spans, that may not be good. Perhaps she should have released something that's instantly catchy? Oh well, I do love the song and I haven't loved a lead Madonna single in years (although I thought Living for Love was decent but people turned against it once it didn't chart). 

Chart Youtube 

GLOBAL 20/04/2019 6.59M

#USA 20/04/2019 722k 
#MÉXICO 20/04/2019 1.15m 
#BRASIL 20/04/2019 395k 
#ITÁLIA 20/04/2019 311k 
#ARGENTINA 20/04/2019 363k 
#UK 20/04/2019 147k 
#ESPANHA 20/04/2019 521k 
#ALEMANHA 20/04/2019 91.5K

Edited by Tulio1958

4 minutes ago, Tulio1958 said:

GLOBAL 20/04/2019 6.59M

#USA 20/04/2019 722k 
#MÉXICO 20/04/2019 1.15m 
#BRASIL 20/04/2019 395k 
#ITÁLIA 20/04/2019 311k 
#UK 20/04/2019 147k 
#ESPANHA 20/04/2019 521k 

what is this?

5 minutes ago, Tulio1958 said:

GLOBAL 20/04/2019 6.59M

#USA 20/04/2019 722k 
#MÉXICO 20/04/2019 1.15m 
#BRASIL 20/04/2019 395k 
#ITÁLIA 20/04/2019 311k 
#UK 20/04/2019 147k 
#ESPANHA 20/04/2019 521k 

Youtube view count.

Mexico 👍

Where's Germany / Canada / Australia / France?

You abandon me, tour don't live here anymore...

4 minutes ago, horn said:

Youtube view count.

Mexico 👍

Where's Germany / Canada / Australia / France?

You abandon me, tour don't live here anymore...

Alemanha = Germany

13 minutes ago, Tulio1958 said:

GLOBAL 20/04/2019 6.59M

#USA 20/04/2019 722k 
#MÉXICO 20/04/2019 1.15m 
#BRASIL 20/04/2019 395k 
#ITÁLIA 20/04/2019 311k 
#UK 20/04/2019 147k 
#ESPANHA 20/04/2019 521k 

Latin world is driving it massivily!

Mexico, Spain!!!

UK? 147k for new Madonna song..cmon.

14 minutes ago, Flip The Switch said:

It already started. Look at the posts above. People already jumping into conclusions.

That's why I'm asking. People need to relax and enjoy new Madonna's single, album, visuals because the ride hasn't even started yet!  😍❤️

I hope that the video push the song !! 🙏

Screenshot_2019-04-23-20-44-19.jpg

2 minutes ago, side_streets said:

That's why I'm asking. People need to relax and enjoy new Madonna's single, album, visuals because the ride hasn't even started yet!  😍❤️

this