"Crave" thread (2nd single)

5 minutes ago, M_Sinner said:

Btw Swae Lee got #1 this year on Hot 100, so I'm ready for that top 100 entry and he's at #27 Spotify top artists worldwide

i really hope he helps with the exposure of this amazing track.

5 minutes ago, Nikki said:

I remember he said great things about it, so Im very excited 🙂 thanks

Yes! An outdoor scene, NYC, the beauty of simplicity and it's connected to the IG post?

5 minutes ago, smirnoff_ice said:

i really hope he helps with the exposure of this amazing track.

Today's top artists:
27    Swae Lee 3,673,203

I think this song is great and stands with the current trend, am sick and tired of some fans who think Madonna must manufacture something extraordinary from outer space, cmon, what it if she wants she wants it this way , and who said her fans are always right, its a great track and I think it brings her a whole new generation of fans.Can we for the first time in her career understand that Americans and Britons don't like her anymore and are not willing to give her a chance on any chart, the earlier we know that, the sooner we shall appreciate her new music but also motivate her to put out more records, for heavens she's 60, God knows how many albums she's left with, please let's not make this the last one. We all love Madonna.She unites us, that's why we come here, let's be positive, why do we throw stones in our own glass house, we should be protective of our own, and that's MADONNA.

29 minutes ago, M_Sinner said:

Thank you baby! I hope next 4 years will be so much fun for you 😘  https://www.helpguide.org/articles/relationships-communication/anger-management.htm/

Btw Swae Lee got #1 this year on Hot 100, so I'm ready for that top 100 entry and he's at #27 Spotify top artists worldwide

He's actually at #7 

In a non-ageist world this would be such a hit on the radio. As everyone keeps mentioning Swae Lee is very popular so I hope it gets some decent airplay.

I agree with the strategy of pushing Crave to radio (hopefully a radio deal) over concentrating on Medellin.

Crave has bags of potential.

I haven't heard crave yet, but i'm sure i'm gonna love it cause Madonna never disappoints. Medellin was brilliant and I rise raw. I have been enjoying the discussions in this forum from Madonna's true fans. I wish I could participate more, but i only have an hour each day to browse the internet. what i actually do is i save these pages( loads of them ) at an internet cafe to my flash disk  and read 'em like news articles every night on my laptop (for the past 21 days) . when i first joined this forum months ago i was very disappointed cause i encountered what i thought were unfair criticisms on the Rebel Heart thread and i got kind of defensive and posted some stuff that i now wish i hadn't ( i'm sorry ). it was just that i was expecting a haven in these forums, an escape. It's pretty grim down here and i feel greatly indebted to Madonna for getting me through. i just feel she deserves more respect.  

And i don't actually get what streaming is but if it's playing the video and audio songs on YouTube then I've been doing that in that one hour of online access. i'm glad if I've done my part to support this new and fascinating era of hers. 

thanks  

1 hour ago, M_Sinner said:

Yes! An outdoor scene, NYC, the beauty of simplicity and it's connected to the IG post?

Today's top artists:
27    Swae Lee 3,673,203

🙂 thank you. 

1 hour ago, Crystal Coffin said:

I pray the Portuguese songs will be even "worse" for you! Have fun for the next 4 years🤗

Savage!

M hasn’t put a foot wrong with Madame X. I’ve enjoyed all her new songs on first listen. And they only get better.

7 minutes ago, metalissimo said:

How come we haven't heard any news about Crave official video. 

The single has to be released first. Calm down. In due time we will hear something straight from Madonna.

1 hour ago, idro said:

Indeed...but you know some can t just take off the leotards...bella pe tutti

The leotard comment is everything. 😝🙌🏼

I love everything Madonna is doing right now. It’s so natural and generous, and she is totally bringing the “high art” grande dame dynamic I have been wishing for for a decade! But that also comes at a cost to her commercial viability imho. 

Madonna’s narrative heavily incorporates the ageism issue now, and there is indeed a great deal of truth to the phenomenon. It is a reality that 60 year-olds don’t generally resonate with the much younger pop demographic. 

However, at the risk of incurring some wrath, I honestly think Madonna is simply not that popular anymore, particularly in America and the UK, because she is so associated with a cartoonish composite image of the negative end of the polarizing public dialog. She is being punished, but more because she is defined by an almost tabloidesque version of her accomplishments, rather than by her artistic legacy. I hear so many people immediately dismiss her music history in this age of totally bombastic revisionism that I have stopped caring what anyone else thinks.

I love Madonna. I feel so incredibly lucky to have lived her entire career firsthand as it happened, and the fact that she is giving me even more authentic Madonna vibes at this point than I could ever have imagined is just AMAZING! 

2 minutes ago, Herfaceremains said:

I love everything Madonna is doing right now. It’s so natural and generous, and she is totally bringing the “high art” grande dame dynamic I have been wishing for for a decade! But that also comes at a cost to her commercial viability imho. 

Madonna’s narrative heavily incorporates the ageism issue now, and there is indeed a great deal of truth to the phenomenon. It is a reality that 60 year-olds don’t generally resonate with the much younger pop demographic. 

However, at the risk of incurring some wrath, I honestly think Madonna is simply not that popular anymore, particularly in America and the UK, because she is so associated with a cartoonish composite image of the negative end of the polarizing public dialog. She is being punished, but more because she is defined by an almost tabloidesque version of her accomplishments, rather than by her artistic legacy. I hear so many people immediately dismiss her music history in this age of totally bombastic revisionism that I have stopped caring what anyone else thinks.

I love Madonna. I feel so incredibly lucky to have lived her entire career firsthand as it happened, and the fact that she is giving me even more authentic Madonna vibes at this point than I could ever have imagined is just AMAZING! 

I see your point , I m amazed by her today vibes too

6 minutes ago, Herfaceremains said:

Well said!✊ I'm loving this era so far. Madonna feels genuine, excited and creative this time around. You can tell that she is happier with her private life than she's been in a long time. Can't wait to see everything that's coming up😊

2 hours ago, side_streets said:

Obviously a lot of people here didn't like Bedtime Stories.

I loved BS but i don't like this track. Don't see how it's compared. In Crave there's no songstructure, dynamics. In BS is.

2 hours ago, M_Sinner said:

:zombie: Good Lord. As if having shit taste is not enough, there's also the stupid expectation for a song that you do NOT even like to succeed on the charts just because it features today's hottest current act AND if it does NOT enter the top 100, you would be the first one to moan how "she ruined the Madame X era by choosing the worst songs to be singles" and drag everyone else to join the lamentation. 

It's fans like these who are IRRELEVANT in this age, NOT Madonna. 

15 minutes ago, mr_boogiewoogie said:

It’s 11:40 pm in New Zealand right now.

3 mins to go!!!

3 hours and 3 mins here

1 hour ago, coco said:

IMO Crave is better than every lead single and 2nd single she's released since her WBR years.

DiscreteDesertedBison-size_restricted.gi

I can listen to Crave and Secret all day long . It has that urban vibe ( without trying to be hip and current ) .

For me it's a classic already .

5 minutes ago, Butter9 said:

I can listen to Crave and Secret all day long . It has that urban vibe ( without trying to be hip and current ) .

I can't wait to hear it!!

3 minutes ago, Butter9 said:

I have Crave after Secret on my playlist too! 😮

Her voice is everything on this track, it's front and center and charged with emotion. I also love that it's not drowned behind heavy production and bad mastering.

So in love with this song ❤️ 

1 hour ago, Herfaceremains said:

Couldn’t have said it better myself ! So well put . Thank you for that clear perspective !🌟

7 minutes ago, rekha said:

I can't wait to hear it!!

I only have 5 more hours to go before the official one is released ! YEAH !

1 minute ago, coco said:

I have Crave after Secret on my playlist too! 😮

Her voice is everything on this track, it's front and center and charged with emotion. I also love that it's not drowned behind heavy production and bad mastering.

So in love with this song ❤️ 

OMG LOL 😆

I was thinking about your comment when you said it remind you of 90s Madonna and there is something so familiar ( the mood and the vibe of the track )that I couldn't put on finger on it so I went to bed /woke up and replay Crave and I thought it's like SECRET ! 

The emotion in her voice is powerful and she didn't have to shout and scream to get her feelings across on the track

. She simply emotes her cravings and how dangerous they could get.

It's such a powerful song AND it's such a chill out song as well .❤️

1 hour ago, ashtangi74 said:

I loved BS but i don't like this track. Don't see how it's compared. In Crave there's no songstructure, dynamics. In BS is.

Can you hear vulnerability in her voice after his verse? That part of the song is sublime and so melancholic. That's why it reminds me of BS. 😊