"Crave" thread (2nd single)

I like it but its clear they are just trying to "chase hits". I dont know why they refuse to release non commercial type songs. The last few albums people have loved the non singles better and this seems to be the case for this album (sans Medellin). 

Really digging the mellow vibes. But I don't understand why M has to sing the verses in that muffled style, some others mentioned it's very reminiscent of Ariana Grande and I have to agree :sneaky: 

Clearly that comes down to Starrah's songwriting, but we know M could have the ability to deliver it in her own unique fashion.

10 minutes ago, Kilt said:

or Kylie

Exactly.

Madonna is fighting ageism and she will not downgrade to please those audiences

15 minutes ago, robster said:

I'm not feeling this track AT ALL... least favorite of the three released so far. And I hate her vocals, she sounds half asleep, drunk or lisping. Bring me the Mirwais tracks! Don't get this as a single choice... but I'm sure she knows what she's doing. This is definately NOT the video shot in LA indeed. And I also can't see her performing this or I Rise at Eurovision. I wonder what she'll perform there. This also isn't controversial as was reported earlier. I'm thinking "Killers Who Are Partying" was originally intended to be released earlier and something must have happened. I'll wait for the next track and pray for the Mirwais tracks!!!

Totally agree. Getting worried about Eurovision- and I’ll be there to support her

3 minutes ago, Nonoka said:

Really digging the mellow vibes! But I really don't understand why M has to sing the verses in that muffled style, some others mentioned it's very reminiscent of Ariana Grande and I have to agree :sneaky: Clearly that comes down to Starrah's songwriting, but we know M could have the ability to make it her own.

I really love the way she sings the everything in this track. Fits perfectly.

And is new to her.

1 minute ago, dcbyebyebaby said:

I like it but its clear they are just trying to "chase hits". I dont know why they refuse to release non commercial type songs. The last few albums people have loved the non singles better and this seems to be the case for this album (sans Medellin). 

Yeah if this were just an album track I’d probably be less harsh on it, but the fact that it’s the second single tells me that Madonna still has one foot in the “I need a hit single” category and another in “I can do whatever I want cuz they’ll never play it anyway” category (hence all the unique cowriters on the rest of the album + Mirwais)

I think the irony is that she’d have a better chance of getting a hit if she just did her. That’s why I think Medellin deserved a big push not just internationally but US too. Sure it has the Maluma feature but there is something distinctly Madonna about that song and it’s really malleable, could hit many different tastes.

this reminds me of stuff from like 2007, Irrepleaceable, all those generic Rihanna and Ne-Yo hits from that era. Disappointing, but not every song is gonna slay me, and that’s fine. COADF and Erotica are masterpieces to me but even those albums have duds. No big deal 

Just now, dollhouse said:

I really love the way she sings the everything in this track. Fits perfectly.

And is new to her.

yes!!

what a bad choice for a 2nd single, in my opinion... song is ok, nothing spectacular, nothing terribly bad.

Well i do not know what to say. I am really sad for the leak. I do listen to the song as I buy all songs anyway. I like it.. But this is single material? I am not sure... And what about the disco dance track? Could this be a demo? I am very confused... 

5 minutes ago, Messiah said:

what a bad choice for a 2nd single, in my opinion... song is ok, nothing spectacular, nothing terribly bad.

I have to agree and won’t change my mind

4 minutes ago, dollhouse said:

According to the info posted here few days back this is more like the 1st single for the western world..

If by Western World you mean USA, then yes. Europe won't go nuts for this...

5 minutes ago, dollhouse said:

According to the info posted here few days back this is more like the 1st single for the western world..

We have to pretend, Medellin wasn't released worldwide but only in Colombia, Brasil, Portugal, Spain and Mexico? 😏

4 minutes ago, sam1978mannheim said:

Well i do not know what to say. I am really sad for the leak. I do listen to the song as I buy all songs anyway. I like it.. But this is single material? I am not sure... And what about the disco dance track? Could this be a demo? I am very confused... 

Me too. She can’t perform anything we’ve heard so far at Eurovision as this would be a lost opportunity. Yes, Medellin grew on me, but we need a proper hit. She knows it- or at least so I thought. So perhaps she’ll drop another song out of the blue? There’s hoping.

Just now, side_streets said:

Can't wait for Anitta feature 😂❤️

people will drag for her Portuguese, especially the Brazilian fans mad she won't be touring Brazil 

1 minute ago, Jairo said:

Is the chorus better than Medellín? Because girl, the Medellín chorus sucks.....

Matter of taste, I love Medellin

Just now, Jairo said:

Is the chorus better than Medellín? Because girl, the Medellín chorus sucks.....

Medellín has like 3 choruses which is what makes it so good.

lol but being serious, that’s  impossible to answer. As you can see some people would say yes, and some would say hell no