Madonna + Maluma slay Billboard Awards - watch Medellín performance!

29 minutes ago, Phineaspoe said:

So confused by this performance. I may to wait until I can see it in HD and in a big screen. But right now it just seems and sounds like an overproduced mess. 

:megamanson:

2 minutes ago, Kurt420 said:

Are you people watching it on your phones or something? 🙄

I just don't see how this can seem confusing or "cluttered" to anyone. It actually seemed very smooth , slick and clean.

It's cool if someone doesn't like it but please don't act like this was some cheap performance she threw together quickly or that she "phoned in" her performance. Can't stand how M fans do that. This was totally an "M level" performance in every aspect. I mean there are people that feel the Super Bowl performance is bad so.....she'll never win everyone with a single performance.

Thank you.

I mean ... I’m just having a lot of thoughts right now? Like people are so jaded! Appreciate what we have in the greatest performer alive! Who has ever lived!!

I think the hologram incarnations of Madame X were perfectly appropriate and cohesive — she sings about “Another ME could now begin...” Every Madame X is a new “me” for her... get it?

5 minutes ago, Kurt420 said:

Are you people watching it on your phones or something? 🙄

I just don't see how this can seem confusing or "cluttered" to anyone. It actually seemed very smooth , slick and clean.

It's cool if someone doesn't like it but please don't act like this was some cheap performance she threw together quickly or that she "phoned in" her performance. Can't stand how M fans do that. This was totally an "M level" performance in every aspect. I mean there are people that feel the Super Bowl performance is bad so.....she'll never win everyone with a single performance.

There are fans that think they can do Madonna better then Madonna. They can’t. 

37 minutes ago, frzndrwnwrld said:

This is great...... except it's categorized as "entertainment" so streams will not count toward the charts. Hoping it gets upload to her channel categorized as "music".

well Billboard just put up their Top 10 performances of the night.....

2. Madonna & Maluma, "Medellín" 

Madonna and Maluma began their memorable performance of their new collab alongside several hologrammed versions of the Rock and Roll Hall of Famer before joining a mock-cafe full of backup dancers, and taking center stage for a little tango of their own, Madonna teasing her co-star with a dominatrix flogger, and him removing her garter belt. Later, Maluma spanked his collaborator as she lifted up her dress, and the whole thing ended with a conga line and cha-cha. Time will tell if it ends up being one for the all-time highlight reel, but 35 years after "Like a Virgin" at the VMAs, it's good to see that the pop legend certainly hasn't lost her ability to surprise and delight. 

It was a very cute performance. the holographs and the four of five settings were really smart. You can see that she has fun - and that so amazing. It was not one of her best, shocking performances. It was smart, cute and professional - and she looks so young!

I can't believe some of the lowkey trolling I'm reading here. The woman just gave a fantastic performance.

2 minutes ago, jjmor95 said:

#2 :wow: 

In what universe is a Jonas Brothers performance better than one by Madonna?

Behind Madonna's Showstopping 'Madame X' Pirate Performance Look at 2019 BBMAs

5/1/2019 by Ingrid Schmidt

03-madonna-maluma-show-2019-bbmas-billbo
Kevin Winter/Getty Images for dcp
Madonna and Maluma perform onstage during the 2019 Billboard Music Awards at MGM Grand Garden Arena on May 1, 2019 in Las Vegas.

The 60-year-old pop star wore a flouncy black-and-white polka-dot and lace dress accessorized with a riding corp and her new signature glittery red "X" pirate eye patch.

At the Billboard Music Awards in Las Vegas on Wednesday (May 1), Madonnacontinued the kickoff of a new chapter in her career with her first live performance (alongside Colombian singer Maluma) of “Medellin," from her forthcoming Madame X album, set to release on June 14.

No surprise that there were plenty of bells and whistles, including computer-generated images of herself in the chameleon-like range of styles from her new fashion-forward video of the first track from her 14th studio album, which dropped last Wednesday at a world premiere hosted by MTV.

The Queen of Pop's commanding new aesthetic is one part dominatrix and another part sultry pirate, complete with a riding crop, fishnet stocking and a signature eye patch.

Stylist and i-D fashion editor Ib Kamara, with Eyob Yohannes on board as styling consultant, created the look that taps into Madonna's alter-ego "Madame X," a name given to her at age 19 by Martha Graham of the famed contemporary dance studio in New York.

Graham was known for wearing gloves, and Madonna repeated them throughout her video, as she did at the BBMAs, donning black fishnet gloves with bold "M" and "X" rings worn over the top, paired with a flouncy black-and-white polka-dot and glittery black lace dress with a tie neck.

madonna-show-2019-bbmas-billboard-1548.j

Kevin Mazur/Getty Images for dcp
Madonna performs onstage during the 2019 Billboard Music Awards at MGM Grand Garden Arena on May 1, 2019 in Las Vegas. 

Front and center was her new trademark Madame X fashion accessory — a style-wise black leather pirate eye patch with a red X made of Swarovski crystals by Gregory Kara, who made a series of eye patches for the video and pre-drop interview (also in solid black, solid red, and white embellished with custom safety pins by Gareth Wrighton). There is also a branded version sold with her tour merchandise that lets fans tap imitate the trend.

Madonna's singing-and-dancing partner Maluma, styled by Julian Rios, coordinated in a sleek all-black button-front shirt with matching trousers paired with red suspenders and tasseled red arm bands.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/awards/8509755/madonna-madame-x-pirate-look-2019-bbmas

2 minutes ago, peter said:

Thank you.

I mean ... I’m just having a lot of thoughts right now? Like people are so jaded! Appreciate what we have in the greatest performer alive! Who has ever lived!!

I think the hologram incarnations of Madame X were perfectly appropriate and cohesive — she sings about “Another ME could now begin...” Every Madame X is a new “me” for her... get it?

Yes, exactly!

The "cha cha'ing" she did with herself was pretty seamless. 

Oh well....Just don't understand the constant nitpicking over trivial things. I think some people just get so wrapped up in THEIR OWN vision of what THEY think the performance should be and when it's completely "left field" from that, then it's a problem. 

A lesson in Madonna 101: OPEN your heart and mind and be ready for ANYTHING. Whatever past "version" of Madonna is your favorite, that "version" is gone forever so move onward or outward!! 

14 minutes ago, Flip The Switch said:

WOW!!!!

here's to the dumbasses that said she botched her one eye with too much botox (why she has a eye patch)    She looks amazing here

9 minutes ago, Kurt420 said:

Are you people nitpicking it watching it on your phones or something? 🙄

I think these nitpickers are haters of the song from the get-go. So, no matter how Madonna gives her all to promote the single, and enjoying it in the process, they will still throw shit her way.

7 minutes ago, Frozenpower said:

I think it was an amazing performance period! She looks so young and did a fantastic job!

I now love Medellin more and more. I think people are starting to really like it too.

I was already a fan of the song but I have to say this has made my appreciation for it grow even more!! Just like the performance itself......so smooth!! 

Words cannot describe how much I loved this performance!!! The holograms were stunning!! Incredible work! So magical and breathtaking!! Madonna and Maluma has an undeniable chemistry in stage!! Omg!! Love her so much!! ♥️♥️♥️

1 minute ago, frzndrwnwrld said:

Yes! I think any negative criticism definitely comes from watching on cell phones. It looks cluttered that way. You need to see it on a big screen.

I just saw it on a cell phone!! Loved it! I was literally in awe of everything I was seeing. Who has the guts to butch about this??? Immediate ban!

7 minutes ago, Aries said:

well Billboard just put up their Top 10 performances of the night.....

2. Madonna & Maluma, "Medellín" 

Madonna and Maluma began their memorable performance of their new collab alongside several hologrammed versions of the Rock and Roll Hall of Famer before joining a mock-cafe full of backup dancers, and taking center stage for a little tango of their own, Madonna teasing her co-star with a dominatrix flogger, and him removing her garter belt. Later, Maluma spanked his collaborator as she lifted up her dress, and the whole thing ended with a conga line and cha-cha. Time will tell if it ends up being one for the all-time highlight reel, but 35 years after "Like a Virgin" at the VMAs, it's good to see that the pop legend certainly hasn't lost her ability to surprise and delight. 

Behind the Jonas Brothers though? Yeah right :lmao:

She looked amazing! (So did he)

But I don't think the holograms added anything and actually kind of made it a bit messy.

Also wish they'd sung it 100%  live and not lip-synced so much.

But hey, she had fun and looked fantatstic!

But to be honest I'm a bit over Medellin, can't wait to hear more new songs now...

A famous Youtuber here in Brazil did a live reaction to her performance and in the end he was crying.

And he said this: "Madonna moved me because she doesn't need any of it. She does not have to try anymore and yet she spends time and money on a performance just to please her fans and the general audience. She is showing us how to be a pop star that tries, at least, to showcase other than a coreograhy or the same beats over and over."

I am with him 100%!

Pop needs MADONNA!!!