Madonna performing at Billboard Music Awards!

1 minute ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Am watching the E red carpet.  Lots of lovely mentions from presenters and performers about Madonna.  So annoyed that I have to go out with the show starts in an hour and will see her later rather than live with the forum. :banghead:

So much excitement about Madonna - always notice that when she performs.  She has an aura about her that no other living star has - none of them.  

Hia Jazzy. Will you be working when it's on? 

When watching these pre-show interviews I realize how damn lucky I was growing up in the 80's and 90's. We had POP STARS back then, people who were exhillarating, thought-provoking, breaking boundaries, creating cultural moments that had an impact on all walks of life. These days celebrities seem so bland, fake, empty shells or too obviously pandering to their target audience. So damn crappy.... People need to get on their hands and feet and thank god that we still have an ICON like Madonna, still releasing music, doing top notch performances and keeping it fresh and genuine. She is one of the wonders of the world at this point!!!

Just now, robster said:

When watching these pre-show interviews I realize how damn lucky I was growing up in the 80's and 90's. We had POP STARS back then, people who were exhillarating, thought-provoking, breaking boundaries, creating cultural moments that had an impact on all walks of life. These days celebrities seem so bland, fake, empty shells or too obviously pandering to their target audience. So damn crappy.... People need to get on their hands and feet and thank god that we still have an ICON like Madonna, still releasing music, doing top notch performances and keeping it fresh and genuine. She is one of the wonders of the world at this point!!!

And fans would go crazy and screaming...!!! People here are just standing there and looking at them. Interviewers by BBMAS are so bland and bored

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks
Just now, robster said:

Here here!!  Even though, I think even older generations thought the same  of the 80's and 90's as you do of the current music scene!  But agree with you to a certain extent.  At the same time, I feel there is a lot of great young musicians out there. Though, I usually look beyond what is played on radio. 

4 minutes ago, robster said:

SO TRUE!

3 minutes ago, Crux said:

Hia Jazzy. Will you be working when it's on? 

No,  not at work today but have a medical appointment at the time of the awards that can't be changed and then catching up with a friend for lunch who lives in the same area.   Can't change it unfortunately.  It is just horrible not watching Madonna with the forum but will catch up on everything when I get home.  I bet the forum will be buzzing beyond belief and everyone still on it. 

3 minutes ago, robster said:

im so jealous of you guys.. I've literally cried about this shit. knowing I've missed the best music and pop culture years. I was a teenager in the early 00s.

4 minutes ago, robster said:

Yes.  Why Madonna always stands out so much.  True authentic star quality.  Everyone knows it too.  She has the aura, creativity and star quality that the others lack. 

Just now, Amelia said:

Here here!!  Even though, I think even older generations thought the same  of the 80's and 90's as you do of the current music scene!  But agree with you to a certain extent.  At the same time, I feel there is a lot of great young musicians out there. Though, I usually look beyond what is played on radio. 

True, but it's shocking how the industry has been corrupted by labels, focus groups, target audiences, stylists, social media, etc, etc. Back in the day it seemed so much more genuine and there was this spark of energy in the air, these days it all seems much more calculated and cold in a sense.

Just now, Mat.Guy said:

The perfomances order:

D5hHEtAWsAAy61V.jpg

oh good. she's near the end so i don't have to watch most of the show. lol

6 minutes ago, robster said:

Icons are gone, only Madonna remains. Other musicians are just there because someone has to be. 

Just now, robster said:

True, but it's shocking how the industry has been corrupted by labels, focus groups, target audiences, stylists, social media, etc, etc. Back in the day it seemed so much more genuine and there was this spark of energy in the air, these days it all seems much more calculated and cold in a sense.

I agree.  And that's why I see more and more genuine artists bypassing the labels.  They just manufacture crap anymore.

7 minutes ago, Mat.Guy said:

The perfomances order:

D5hHEtAWsAAy61V.jpg

So she wont be on till at least 4:30am or something...i already have a headache idk if i'll be able to stay awake that long ugh

2 minutes ago, Priceless said:

The ads for the show are kind of annoying. "ICON and LEGEND Mariah Carey! (pause) Plus, Madonna and Maluma. Tonight at 7 central!" 

OTzMCb9.gif

Does it matter, because come the final hour or near the even of the second hour of the show, Madonna is going to take the stage and show how it's done.  I just wish she was first or last. 

1 minute ago, Andra said:

So she wont be on till at least 4:30am or something...i already have a headache idk if i'll be able to stay awake that long ugh

Same here, I might set an alarm... lol

Just now, M_Sinner said:

40 min till the show, I don't think she's doing red carpet thing... but she's always late though lol

I really hope she makes an appearance!!

When I see a celebrity not mention Madonna but rave about Mariah and BTS like that girl that was just interviewed - straight away can't be bothered with them. 

Also,  does Taylor's people pay E news to promote and rave about her non stop.   It is all so contrived and seems worse this year than what I have ever seen.  E really has become the pits. 

1 minute ago, M_Sinner said:

40 min till the show, I don't think she's doing red carpet thing... but she's always late though lol

yea, it doesn't look like she is but usually it's the last seconds she goes on the carpet. lol

1 minute ago, Barbie said:

She probably doesn't even know where she is. Bless her.

I'm rooting for her!

3 minutes ago, Amelia said:

Does it matter, because come the final hour or near the even of the second hour of the show, Madonna is going to take the stage and show how it's done.  I just wish she was first or last. 

Exactly...by the time Madonna hits the stage Mariah will be forgotten by the time she says 1-2 Cha cha cha