"I Rise" thread

4 hours ago, Crystal Coffin said:

@Shane, I thought you would wait until June to listen to the album's final track! :lol:

I waffled on this because I like having the experience of the journey of the album. However, I decided that if Madonna wants us to hear certain songs as pre-release tracks, I will listen to them as they are officially released. I will do the same with Crave next week. 

5 minutes ago, Shane said:

I waffled on this because I like having the experience of the journey of the album. However, I decided that if Madonna wants us to hear certain songs as pre-release tracks, I will listen to them as they are officially released. I will do the same with Crave next week. 

This.  Xoxoxox

2 hours ago, Shane said:

"Crave"!!!

3 hours ago, Shane said:

yesssss. finally

My God .. I love i Rise!  it seems perfect!

this is what I expect from this album, I do not stop listening this song.

much better than Medellin .. (I hope they do not block me again for saying that Medellin was not what I expected .. I also have not been the only one who said it).

After listening to I Rise, I look forward to each song ..😍

I can't stop listening to I Rise, love it !!!

Haven't listened to Medellin for a while...

Don't want to play them too much and ruin the album experience though.

Amazing how catchy is this song!

I think it’s one of her best album closer ever!!

It makes me wander what’s in the middle 😍

Edited by rodials

I think this shaping un to be a great album, and i have hope i will enjoy a lot of the tracks. From COADF onwards there were allways 4-5 tracks that were kinda meh for me en each release. But now i have my hopes up basing on what has been launched and teased. I especially like the snippet that i called : Media Bitches---Esther do you like the music ?. 
Can someone post a recap off all that was shazamed ?

12 minutes ago, promise to try said:

I´m sure that this has been answered before, but, who is the woman shouting in the beginning of the song? what does she say?

Rosie O'Donnell complaining about Trump.

15 minutes ago, promise to try said:

I´m sure that this has been answered before, but, who is the woman shouting in the beginning of the song? what does she say?

Us kids don't know what we're talking about, that we're too young to understand how the government works. 
We call B.S.!

The intro contains a sample of an impactful speech by Emma González at the March for Our Lives protest. Emma is a survivor from the horrific shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, Parkland, Florida, that occurred on February 14, 2018

49 minutes ago, promise to try said:

It's EMMA GONZALEZ:

Gonzalez, 19, is a student who was present during the fatal shooting that occurred at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School on Feb. 14, 2018 in Parkland, Fla.

She is best known not only as a survivor of the horrific attack but as an activist and advocate for gun control across the U.S.

On 5/4/2019 at 9:34 PM, CalinB said:

:inlove:

Freedom's what you choose to do with what's been done to you
No one can hurt you now unless you want them to (Unless you want)
No one can hurt you now unless you love 'em too (B.S.) Unless you love 'em too

(I rise) I rise, I RISE! :inlove:

I’m pretty sure she is saying “unless you allow them to”, not “unless you love em too”.

Edited by Herfaceremains

1 hour ago, Herfaceremains said:

I’m pretty sure she is saying “unless you allow them too”, not “unless you love em too”.

It’s actually unless you love them too. It makes a lot of sense. They can only hurt you if you love them. If you have no feelings for someone, whatever they say or do won’t hurt you, cause they are meaningless to you.

27 minutes ago, bardo said:

it's "allow them to." it's hard to tell because of the way she sings it and the effects.

Exactly. Sadly, I may have corrected that part, but managed to maintain the “too” instead of “to”. Now corrected. Lord have mercy. This is gonna be a long week!

Regarding the meaning @FeTuoni I totally see why you could understand the lyric that way. That was indeed the case for the sado-masochism of Justify My Love. However, it makes more sense in the context of a self-empowerment anthem that we can only be hurt if we allow someone to hurt us. Otherwise the message is anti-love. That doesn’t really fit in my opinion. 

Edited by Herfaceremains

I really like her vocals on this track...the singing style, the layers, the effects, all of it. One of my favorite things about Madonna is her ability to sound like a completely different singer from album to album (and even track to track on the same album.) Pop critics love to talk about her reinventions but they never seem to quite grasp this aspect of it.

When I heard "I Rise" for the very first time, I had no preconceived notions about what it would sound like and I thought the first line of the song was delivered by a different vocalist! And I am a loooooong time fan, so it completely surprised me that I was still able to be surprised by her.

On 5/4/2019 at 7:26 PM, Shane said:

Haha I was with you... and then the song appeared on my phone. I’ll listen to it just once, I said... and it’s been nonstop since. It’s too good! 

I am really enjoying I Rise. It's beauty is subtle. The beat is new but still Madonna. Finally, the song is short so it leaves me wanting more. 10/10 for me!