"I Rise" thread

1 minute ago, Flip The Switch said:

Apparently her team is too lazy once again for a proper lyric video, especially for a non-single song. 

lol her team is killing it so far this era, she looks great in the video. Turn on closed captions. I guess I don't really get your complaint, do most artists do "proper lyric videos" for their non singles? If this video had the lyrics you think it would get more views? Or there should be a second lyric video? What do you want exactly? The team is hardly lazy this time around.

Just now, MichaelDieker said:

lol her team is killing it so far this era, she looks great in the video. Turn on closed captions. I guess I don't really get your complaint, do most artists do "proper lyric videos" for their non singles? If this video had the lyrics you think it would get more views? Or there should be a second lyric video? What do you want exactly? The team is hardly lazy this time around.

Well that was only my complaint during this very well-executed era. :wow:

1 minute ago, Flip The Switch said:

Well that was only my complaint during this very well-executed era. :wow:

That's because there's literally nothing to complain about 😂

Just now, Flip The Switch said:

You’re right. Lots a positive comments on the song. I can’t wait to hear the song!

Sorry if I kinda leaped on ya with the 'lazy' comment, I think I'm in hyper M-defender mode and all on edge. I really am curious though about your take on needing a lyric video, do they get more attention? I really don't know! I know M could really milk us for views with multiple versions and stuff like TSwift is doing with Meh, seems like every day there is another edition for her fans to stream all day and night lol but Madonna just isn't that desperate I guess. If she was, she could put out a safe poppy track and release a new remix every day and go on Rupals Drag race, and go on all the talk shows talking about how she is toning it down to be a Mother or something, but this is Madonna we're talking about. 

OT: I'll never get over this song it's so gooooood!

It's strange that she hasn't said anything on her social media about this song, do you think that she will perform it at the Glaad event? I'll die even for an acustic version

Yeah even without the lyric aspect, it’s still a lyric video of sorts...some “lyric videos” just have a repeated clip that loops without the lyrics. I mean I guess you can’t call them lyric videos. I’m just excited if we get this kind of treatment for the next 4 songs coming out every Friday. If we get a “disco” video...we could potentially play so many of the songs in video form. I’m delighted 

Another gorgeous song from our Queen.

This album is gonna be GREAT.

I would love to see the full video btw, she looks so elegant, classy and every inch of the super talented dancer she is. Love her.

3 minutes ago, Vogue992 said:

Another gorgeous song from our Queen.

This album is gonna be GREAT.

I would love to see the full video btw, she looks so elegant, classy and every inch of the super talented dancer she is. Love her.

Isn’t it a truly gorgeous song though I haven’t been able to stop thinking about it since I heard it

Best like/dislike ratio on YT in this era. Lots of Medellin haters (Fans and GP alike, apparently) saying how much they love this song. Lots of comments along the lines of “first Madonna song I’m digging since the 90s/early 2000s”. 

Personally, I still find the melody a tiny bit flat/uneventful (though the production is FLAWLESS), but isn’t that what’s playing on the radio these days? Wouldn’t this be M’s best shot at an A/C radio moderate hit before the album drops? If Dido’s Give You Up is still holding on, so can I Rise, theoretically?

That said, this is not a proper single, and Crave doesn’t sound like AC radio material, so I wonder what’s the masterplan.

Or has she given up on US radio altogether?

47 minutes ago, Stephen said:

What's next? Y'all gonna complain the video doesn't have braille? 

I want it ADA complied!!!!

12 minutes ago, luizotaviobarros said:

Best like/dislike ratio on YT in this era. Lots of Medellin haters (Fans and GP alike, apparently) saying how much they love this song. Lots of comments along the lines of “first Madonna song I’m digging since the 90s/early 2000s”. 

Personally, I still find the melody a tiny bit flat/uneventful (though the production is FLAWLESS), but isn’t that what’s playing on the radio these days? Wouldn’t this be M’s best shot at an A/C radio moderate hit before the album drops? If Dido’s Give You Up is still holding on, so can I Rise, theoretically?

That said, this is not a proper single, and Crave doesn’t sound like AC radio material, so I wonder what’s the masterplan.

I don’t think they care about radio play...I think the plan is dropping songs that will give listeners an understanding of what else to expect and get excited so when the album drops, more people buy it. 

20 minutes ago, luizotaviobarros said:

I think they're the same type of fans who loved the ballads on rebel heart and just forgot about them if they say it's the best since the 00s... a lot of the RH uploads got a lot of love as well.. (Joan of arc, devil pray, ghost town)

12 minutes ago, Nikki said:

I think they're the same type of fans who loved the ballads on rebel heart and just forgot about them if they say it's the best since the 00s... a lot of the RH uploads got a lot of love as well.. (Joan of arc, devil pray, ghost town)

Rebel Heart was full of great songs. Its just a shame the leak thing completely killed the era. Left a tarnish over it. Also a shame she didnt really throw her weight behind the good ballads on that album by making them a part of the tour - Ghosttown in particular. In fact Ghosttown, Inside Out, Wash All Over Me, Joan of Arc, rebel heart - all totally top notch songs that are worthy of any era.

7 hours ago, Ven Conmigo said:

:manson: at the people online who think that YouTube audio video is an actual full fledged music video and complaining that it sucks because she’s making the same move over and over again! :electropop: :rotfl: Omg the stupidity! :lmao:

HAHAHAHA

1 hour ago, Flip The Switch said:

Apparently her team is too lazy once again for a proper lyric video, especially for a non-single song. 

Yes it's quite annoying. And strange because, seriously, it's not that hard to do. Anyone with a computer can make one.

8 minutes ago, runa said:

Yes it's quite annoying. And strange because, seriously, it's not that hard to do. Anyone with a computer can make one.

Would there be method in the madness? Like it could possibly force people to search her and the song out more? I don’t know, I’d like to think it’s not just pure idleness because it does seem quite obvious to give us a lyric video 🤷‍♀️🤔