"I Rise" thread

4 minutes ago, strictmachine said:

God give me the strength, I’m gonna do the same. I need Soltera NOW to distract me from all this though ..:

Yep, Soltera is the only song I'll listen to from M until June 14...

I went back and forth about whether to listen to the other pre-release tracks. I miss the days when you would only know one song from an album when the album dropped. It was fun to guess what the future singles would be. However, the industry is very different now, and while I will never listen to leaks or demos (still have never heard the RH demos), I have decided to listen to the officially released tracks that Madonna has chosen to drop before Madame X.

i'm really digging her vocals and melody on here. it's different then what i had in my mind - but that's Madonna for you.

loving it.

31 minutes ago, Shane said:

DWRY is on my all time top 20 Madonna songs so I’m very excited.

And throw a little bit of Best Friend in the middle...

2 minutes ago, runa said:

And throw a little bit of Best Friend in the middle...

Now this just sounds bizarre :lol:

Can’t wait!  Forty minutes!

Just now, Shane said:

Now this just sounds bizarre :lol:

Can’t wait!  Forty minutes!

Can’t wait to hear what you think about it ! :laugh:

3 minutes ago, runa said:

We pretty have the same taste and we’re both ballad lover @Shane... I really like that song but I think it’s not gonna be what you expected.

Yes!

Do you think we will get a couple of ballads on Madame X?

I will share my initial reaction to I Rise soon!

Beautiful song! I loved!

Well, the song was added to the following playlists (there are other playlists on the following pages), followed by approximately 4 million listeners

Madonna i rise first day.png

Ok so finally got a chance to listen to this on proper headphones. This song is epic and her vocals are sublime. Still soaking it all in, aaaaaah this takes her oeuvre to a new level 

4 minutes ago, nicholasyund said:

Ok so finally got a chance to listen to this on proper headphones. This song is epic and her vocals are sublime. Still soaking it all in, aaaaaah this takes her oeuvre to a new level 

Wonderful review!  Nineteen minutes until it’s out here!

52 minutes ago, rebelheart said:

Yep, Soltera is the only song I'll listen to from M until June 14...

You are a saint.  I am a sinner and will download I Rise precisely at midnight.

I like this song more than Medellin! Her soulful voice mixed with the deep music base is great! I love it!

Just now, impr3ssive_instant said:

her team is ON IT this time.....

This is very Beyonce and Ariana but still being Madonna. Sounds like that closer on B’s Lemonade (not specifically but just the feeling of it closing the album) and the verse melody reminds me of some Ariana track ...not to bring them up but just saying it’s fresh and current enough to appeal to an audience that may ignore her but still, it’s beautiful and well done well beyond these girls skills...and the video is gorgeous. 

Whatever it is... I really like it. ESPECIALLY the production, which is like a cross between "Ghosttown," "Queen" and "Like it Or Not" to these ears. And I like what they did to her voice.

This era is off to a solid start. :inlove:

Oooooooooooooooooh, this is good. :clap: 

In love with the song!

I love the way she sings on this track!  It’s classic Madonna but with some new intonations and stylings that we haven’t heard before.

She can do so much with so little at times. The chorus is so melodic with so few words.

I am not sure if I like the inclusion of the speech at the beginning or not.

This is everything I want from Madonna!