"I Rise" thread

1 minute ago, Monsieur X said:

Crying so much right now... 

She's everything to me. 

image.png

I'm with you on this. I'm at work cant wait to comeback home and ugly cry 

1 minute ago, Toni said:

With a splash of Live Perfusion. I love those kinda reflective, mellow, cool vibe songs she does. 

yes indeed 

Just now, YannBouch said:

I'm with you on this. I'm at work cant wait to comeback home and ugly cry 

Died a thousand times

Managed to survive

I can't break down now

I can't take that

I RISE 

I RISE 

ABOVE ALL IT

ABOVE ALL IT

2 minutes ago, Monsieur X said:

Died a thousand times

Managed to survive

I can't break down now

I can't take that

I RISE 

I RISE 

ABOVE ALL IT

ABOVE ALL IT

Love it. It's one of her best lyrics of the decade IMO

7 minutes ago, luizotaviobarros said:

I tried listening to inside out and I rise back to back. While I think inside out has a slightly stronger melody, it’s in the production department that I rise is like 1000x better. It’s crispier, more layered, the bass doesn’t distort and her vocals are crystal clear. At the end of the day, all things considered, I rise comes off as the stronger track, hands down. 

That's what I thought too! It's like a Rebel Heart track that has been produced and mastered correctly! 😂

Mastering on this so much better than RH so far.  Feels like Madonna is herself again with this record

This has the Madonna Magic that RH and MDNA missed

Edited by MDNA45

I Rise is getting much more love on Twitter than Medellin did when it came out. 

Wonder how YouTube is gonna react. 

Speaking of which, i wish she would release a lyrics video for these promo singles - especially if she wants to reclaim her throne in non-English speaking countries. 

That might be my only quibble about this otherwise flawless era so far. 🙂

6 minutes ago, luizotaviobarros said:

Speaking of which, i wish she would release a lyrics video for these promo singles.

I think the same.

8 minutes ago, luizotaviobarros said:

I Rise is getting much more love on Twitter than Medellin did when it came out. 

Wonder how YouTube is gonna react. 

Speaking of which, i wish she would release a lyrics video for these promo singles - especially if she wants to reclaim her throne in non-English speaking countries. 

That might be my only quibble about this otherwise flawless era so far. 🙂

Agreed. Cool lyric videos are so easy. All she needs is to hire a creative team to make them and go wild with concepts ...I loved Cher’s lyrics video and most recently Dido’s Hurricane lyric video is awesome. It would help the album for sure and we’d have new visuals (even if she’s not in them) 

This is an amazing song. There may be elements of familiarity, but it’s totally unique, and perfects a style she’s been honing for a little more than a decade. I don’t think balladry is popular enough right now to make it worth releasing as a single and so they have wisely made it a tastemaker track, but it is easily as masterful a song as Frozen in my opinion. 

YESSSSSSSS!!!!!!! I just bought it and gifted a few people. I LOVE IT. THOSE VIOLINS. SO MADONNA. THIS HAS TO BE PERFORMED AT EUROVISION WITH A FULL ORCHESTRA. Someone tell Madonna. PLEASE. Already streaming with VPNs on spotify. Does that help anything?

Don't forget to buy I rise separately and not just the copy your pre order gives u access to. Also I am so fickle. I was streaming I rise and it finished and just before I was about to play it again, Medellin came on and I sighed and was like "alright if you insist." 

Meanwhile early on today I was rapping in Spanish. lol. We must show love to both.

1 hour ago, luluthecat said:

I think I’m the same. It’s a good track. But I’m not feeling the processed vocal effects.......I really hope this isn’t the case for the whole album, everything we’ve heard so far has this effect 😕

She would probably sound like Hilary Clinton without them

I Rise is Madame X on steroids.  Power baby!  Personally Medellin and I Rise sound extremely fresh and unique to me.  So modern.  I lUV this era!  Cannot wait till midnight to get my official version.  

Edited by sul8323

I am intrigued when people say it’s a cross between Ghosttown and Devil Wouldn’t Recognize You!  I love both of those songs, but I think of Devil as more of a midtempo and Ghosttown a classic ballad in the mold of her 90s work.

1 minute ago, Shane said:

I am intrigued when people say it’s a cross between Ghosttown and Devil Wouldn’t Recognize You!  I love both of those songs, but I think of Devil as more of a midtempo and Ghosttown a classic ballad in the mold of her 90s work.

It’s more midtempo than ballad and I love it! Listening now and those Bjork strings melt my soul. Dubtronic can you make a mix with both songs?!! I can hear certain elements in Bjork’s song (specifically the ending outro) working in I Rise!!! 

1 minute ago, Shane said:

I find it similar to DWRY but nothing like Ghosttown.

Just my view but to me  Ghosttown  was a melodic ballad in the truest sense of ballads and I rise is not a ballad. 

Thanks Mensch and Jazzy Jan!  Three and half hours to go for me. I have decided I will listen to the songs as she releases them to Spotify after all.

Still hoping for two full out ballads on Madame X!

I can only get a snippet of Spotify and my iPad is at home (I know first world problem) but I wanna HEAR IT!!!!